To be Niche or not to be Niche

IsaacW

To be niche or not to be niche... That's the question on my mind right now.

I've heard of people being very successful with setting up an SEO agency only targeting a specific type of customer... Whether it be Dentists, Hypnotherapists or Lawyers etc.

The thing is, these niches seem so crowded with marketing companies offering SEO that it looks just as competitive as setting up a more general SEO agency.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this... whether only targeting a specific niche is the way to go for SEO.

The thing that I'm thinking about is how to turn an SEO service into a more competitive product that destroys the competition who simply focus on lowering prices and competing in a red ocean marketplace.

Is adding extra value to SEO packages and creating a more unique USP the future of competing in the crowded SEO industry... Creating a blue ocean without competitors.

Let me know your thoughts.

Isaac

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

It certainly can work to specialize in one area of marketing. Nothing wrong with that.

You are still competing with all the other SEO's out there. Generally if someone is searching for an SEO, they are not searching for "SEOs for dentists" or anything like that.

But if you can actually get to the point where you make contact with the client, then you could have a competitive advantage.

Thanks Mike...

How do you stay competitive and approach new clients? Say you had $500 to start your SEO empire (Joining the Spartan Inner Circle would be a no brainer) so lets say...

... $473 in your pocket and the drive to succeed... what are the best methods to reach out and get your first clients?

Also on a side note...

Is there value in trying to rank your SEO website as the top SEO company in a city with so much competition.

If I was hiring an SEO company i'm not sure that geographical boundaries would come into play... I'd go for the best looking company the right price with good customer service, no matter where they were.

Isaac

It certainly can work to specialize in one area of marketing. Nothing wrong with that.

You are still competing with all the other SEO's out there. Generally if someone is searching for an SEO, they are not searching for "SEOs for dentists" or anything like that.

But if you can actually get to the point where you make contact with the client, then you could have a competitive advantage.