accessted

Facebook ads

Can anyone recommend a good place to learn about Facebook ads?

I am looking for a beginner tutorial but wanted to ask here before I go searching and coming up with a bunch of crap.

Thanks

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Thanks mike.

You think fb ads would work for local service business? Or a waste of time.

Perry Marshal made an online tool called Is Facebook Ad for Me at http://www.isfbforme.com. That might help!

BTW, I read the Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising and I found it very useful.

EDIT: fixed the url.

Facebook Ads for a local business can work, but in my opinion you have to change your philosophy from what you do with AdWords. Facebook Ads work best when it is not a I need a solution right now situation. I'm not going to look for a plumber on Facebook when my sink clogs. However, if I have become a little familiar with a local plumber from seeing them on Facebook, I might call that plumber when I need one.

So instead of trying to solve a problem right now, you are probably best off building a following to a Facebook page. Like for a plumber, I would run ads with videos or tutorials about how to take care of a simple clog in a drain, replacing a toilet yourself, etc. 

Using Facebook Ads in that way you can create some recognition in the community. It's a little harder to measure direct results though, which is a bit of a challenge with it.

Facebook Ads for a local business can work, but in my opinion you have to change your philosophy from what you do with AdWords. Facebook Ads work best when it is not a I need a solution right now situation. I'm not going to look for a plumber on Facebook when my sink clogs. However, if I have become a little familiar with a local plumber from seeing them on Facebook, I might call that plumber when I need one.

So instead of trying to solve a problem right now, you are probably best off building a following to a Facebook page. Like for a plumber, I would run ads with videos or tutorials about how to take care of a simple clog in a drain, replacing a toilet yourself, etc. 

Using Facebook Ads in that way you can create some recognition in the community. It's a little harder to measure direct results though, which is a bit of a challenge with it.

This is spot-on.  Build a relationship with your local community and they will think of you first when they need your services.  Do this by offering advice.  For example, if you are a plumber, offer DIY plumbing tips and info to your fans on a regular basis.  People will seek you out when they need more advanced services.

Guide for Facebook Ads:-
-Develop Your Strategy First
-Choose Your Objective
-Target Your Audience
-Choose Where You Want Your Ad To Be Displayed 
-Set Your Budget
-Choose Your Ad Format
-Monitor Your Ads Carefully
-Use the Split Test.