Do you concentrate on Local or National SEO?

Grow your online visibility

Hi Blaine

Do you have a particular reason you stick to local?

That for your own sites or clients?

I am just about ranking a national site after being out the game for years, but the resources it is taking still in a medium niche.. wish I had started back with Local in a way :) at first anyway

When I started this "doing seo for a living" my endgame was to own an SEO agency. So I started to try to crawl by building simple local sites that I could build, rank, then lease that would generate me residual long term income for 2 reasons. 1 I needed the capital to grow. 2 I would learn SEO as I went along.

I'm 3 years in now and have a steady income of about 1K a week after expenses. I feel as though I now have myself in a position where I now have my business overhead and monthly living expenses more than covered. 80% of this income is on auto pilot. About ten sites are built, ranked, and leased. I also have a few clients that pay me monthly to maintain the rankings I got for the sites they own. In other words I keep their backlinks from my PBN's in place and they pay me monthly. Currently I own about 25 PBN sites that are geo specific to my local area. (RELEVANCE)

Now that 3 years is passed my base is built.

Last week and this week I'm looking at professional office space here locally. It's time to take the next step and move into professional digs where I'm going to have clients come to me. They will be blown away by the office. Also I am going to sell them on creating youtube videos of them and their business and ranking them onto the first page. This will generate more venture capital.

Local is my steady. My bread and butter. It's the security that will support me when I go national.

My thoughts are this. Start small and prove to yourself that you can rank something. That you can actually build something that others will see enough real value in so that they're willing to pay for it. Build on that. Take the proceeds and scale up.

When I started this "doing seo for a living" my endgame was to own an SEO agency. So I started to try to crawl by building simple local sites that I could build, rank, then lease that would generate me residual long term income for 2 reasons. 1 I needed the capital to grow. 2 I would learn SEO as I went along.

I'm 3 years in now and have a steady income of about 1K a week after expenses. I feel as though I now have myself in a position where I now have my business overhead and monthly living expenses more than covered. 80% of this income is on auto pilot. About ten sites are built, ranked, and leased. I also have a few clients that pay me monthly to maintain the rankings I got for the sites they own. In other words I keep their backlinks from my PBN's in place and they pay me monthly. Currently I own about 25 PBN sites that are geo specific to my local area. (RELEVANCE)

Now that 3 years is passed my base is built.

Last week and this week I'm looking at professional office space here locally. It's time to take the next step and move into professional digs where I'm going to have clients come to me. They will be blown away by the office. Also I am going to sell them on creating youtube videos of them and their business and ranking them onto the first page. This will generate more venture capital.

Local is my steady. My bread and butter. It's the security that will support me when I go national.

My thoughts are this. Start small and prove to yourself that you can rank something. That you can actually build something that others will see enough real value in so that they're willing to pay for it. Build on that. Take the proceeds and scale up.

this is the path i am wandering down at the moment.

do you really need a fancy office though?

No I don't need a fancy office.

I need an address in the city I'm trying to rank in. Also I need a space large enough to do semi professional video creation. I'm very judicious when it comes to increasing my overhead. If it weren't a necessity I wouldn't consider it.

The office itself will not be fancy. What happens at the office is what will impress the clients. I go for substance over symbology.

No I don't need a fancy office.

I need an address in the city I'm trying to rank in. Also I need a space large enough to do semi professional video creation. I'm very judicious when it comes to increasing my overhead. If it weren't a necessity I wouldn't consider it.

The office itself will not be fancy. What happens at the office is what will impress the clients. I go for substance over symbology.

yeah, fancy wasnt the main point, was talking more about the added overhead.  :)

Thanks Blaine for a superb reply, I/we really appreciate you taking the time to write all that down.love it.

I live in a very small town in the UK, but can see the nearest last town (Brighton in the UK) being the most likely place to be able to build.. just need to get round the geo side of it somehow.

Really given me food for thought

I won't go on.. but again, thankyou mate

Rob