The Warrior Forum

Mike Friedman

Some of you have seen the recent ranting of one member of the Warrior Forum about this site. 

I do not know the whole story of what went on or is going on, and frankly it just doesn't really interest me (although apparently there is a whole collection of screenshots to prove that I am complicit in some elaborate conspiracy).

I just ask one small favor.

Please do not promote this forum actively or publicly at the Warrior Forum or any other forums for that matter. No links in signatures. No sneakily trying to mention it somewhere.

If you have friends that you want to privately invite to this forum or any other forum, group, or other website nobody can tell you that you cannot do that. No, that is not me giving you a wink, wink to go out and privately blast members to get them over here. Please do not do that. I just meant that if you have friends, nobody can tell you what you are allowed to talk about with them, and I am certainly not going to do so.

But publicly, please do not actively drop links or mentions of this site on the Warrior Forum. It just feels dirty, and it is just giving fuel to someone who then is drastically stretching the truth and trying to make this site look bad. 

Of course, if someone starts a thread asking about other IM forums that you like and if you happen to like this one, sure, mention it. (Again, that is not me trying to plant the idea of starting threads like that. Please do not do it.)

Please, please though no "This place stinks. Everyone meet me over at Spartan instead" kind of posts or threads. 

The moderators over there have a hard enough job. We do not need to add any more to their work load. 

Grow your online visibility

Mike, I love your place and therefore, you have my word of honor that it won't be mentioned anywhere, except under the conditions you've outlined above.

I'd also like to think that because your forum has been mentioned over there (and I haven't a clue what was said) that it means Spartan Marketing Academy holds a lot of weight.

That's a good thing.

I always try to find the silver lining in every storm cloud.  ;)

Terra

I saw that thread Mike.  Can't believe he can get away with the things he says and has said in other threads.  He's the reason I don't go there.  Anyhow, I saw that your sig link is still there!  Also wanted to let you know that link is why I came here (long ago before ever signing up)! 

I read a ton of things here, still do, about SEO.  I knew the other forum was full of crap and misleading info and I really didn't know who to follow, so to speak.  But I know you know your stuff.  Yukon, meh, he's coming along, I guess.... :lol:

**running, running, running** 

Mike, I love your place and therefore, you have my word of honor that it won't be mentioned anywhere, except under the conditions you've outlined above.

I'd also like to think that because your forum has been mentioned over there (and I haven't a clue what was said) that it means Spartan Marketing Academy holds a lot of weight.

That's a good thing.

I always try to find the silver lining in every storm cloud.  ;)

Terra

Well, I don't know that it holds a lot of weight. It really was just one member that seemed to have an axe to grind.

Nevertheless, I do not want to cause any waves over there. I even sent a message to the mods to let them know I am willing to help in any way I can if there is any kind of problem over there relating to this site. I remember several membership sites in the past that literally taught people how to spam the Warrior Forum to drive members. I would never encourage that kind of behavior and was rather pissed that anyone would insinuate that I did so.

Anyhow, I don't mean to diminish anyone's enthusiasm for this forum, but appreciate everyone's cooperation on this.

Well, I don't know that it holds a lot of weight. It really was just one member that seemed to have an axe to grind.

Nevertheless, I do not want to cause any waves over there. I even sent a message to the mods to let them know I am willing to help in any way I can if there is any kind of problem over there relating to this site. I remember several membership sites in the past that literally taught people how to spam the Warrior Forum to drive members. I would never encourage that kind of behavior and was rather pissed that anyone would insinuate that I did so.

Anyhow, I don't mean to diminish anyone's enthusiasm for this forum, but appreciate everyone's cooperation on this.

I certainly don't want to disagree with the admin, but I must tell you, it holds weight with me.  ;)

Terra

I saw that thread Mike.  Can't believe he can get away with the things he says and has said in other threads.  He's the reason I don't go there.  Anyhow, I saw that your sig link is still there!  Also wanted to let you know that link is why I came here (long ago before ever signing up)! 

I read a ton of things here, still do, about SEO.  I knew the other forum was full of crap and misleading info and I really didn't know who to follow, so to speak.  But I know you know your stuff.  Yukon, meh, he's coming along, I guess.... :lol:

**running, running, running** 

It's partially my own fault for stepping into it. I am well aware that you cannot get into an argument with him and ever come out of it not feeling like you need to take a shower afterwards. 

But I know that and should have stayed out of it. It's hard not to want to try to correct the lies and misinformation though.

I did change my signature link to promote the private membership so that I am (hopefully) not violating any unwritten rules. Although none of the mods seemed to have a problem with it.

It's partially my own fault for stepping into it. I am well aware that you cannot get into an argument with him and ever come out of it not feeling like you need to take a shower afterwards. 

But I know that and should have stayed out of it. It's hard not to want to try to correct the lies and misinformation though.

I did change my signature link to promote the private membership so that I am (hopefully) not violating any unwritten rules. Although none of the mods seemed to have a problem with it.

I don't suspect they would ever have a problem with you Mike.  From what I've seen, you're always and have always been, respectful over there. 

I totally understand you're wanting to defend yourself and your forum!  Who wouldn't?  And the shower thing, yep, you nailed it.  Now I understand why you hid the bar from guests.  Good call!  I swear, though, when I read that other thread I thought he was saying/implying that he was a member here.

I said, back when FL took over and a lot of problems were starting to go unsolved and long time members were getting ignored, that they were weeding them (long term members) out.  Most long term members didn't spend any money there. The ones that did, like on ads and stuff, weren't getting the revenue they used to.  Sad really. 

Anyhow, you have a great forum here Mike!

For the record, I want everyone to know that I've never been paid or prompted to do any kind of promotion for this forum.

And I might make a video on "how to use spartan marketing academy" down the road and it will be my own idea. :)

And I know it won't happen again - that dirty feeling - but if it does do let me know as I'll be happy to soap you up after. ;)

Here ya go, Mike -- I have a testimony for you to give them, since I couldn't find the thread you are speaking of: 

Well, as you know -  I was a member of the WF for over a decade.  Loved it for a long time, but recent changes have driven many of the best thinkers and most fun members out of there in the last year or two.  A couple of us in here had a list of people that were absolutely fed up with the way the OT and the whole forum generally was going. We had decided that we didn't want to lose touch yet didn't like what we were experiencing there anymore.   You couldn't discuss anything anymore without trolls in a thread calling you stupid because THEY didn't like the topic.  Almost every thread was being disrupted with a running joke that had run itself out of humor over a year ago, bannings of long term members for no apparent reasons - so we found a place to go to get away from it........and did so in private.   The majority of the incoming Warriors are due to private invites for the people in that group from those of us who decided it was time to start shopping around elsewhere. We decided on this place.  Others followed because....well - probably because so many others came here from there. 

I was involved with the migration and so was one other here.  We were not paid. We were not enticed. We spent some time discussing which forums we thought would be good to notify the others in our group to migrate to in case of emergency to keep contact when banned unexpectedly - or just because they wanted to get out of the hash pit the OT and other forums had become. We did this via pm and not publically. Your place was NEVER mentioned publicly that I know of.  You were completely innocent in this matter.  

As far as we can see - there's no law against getting fed up with a place and going somewhere else.  It happens in the real world, too, and is a risk every business takes when they deal with the public.  There is no law against migrating from where you no longer want to be. 

I have no idea what the thread was that someone posted there - what you were implicated in doing, or who posted the trash (although I can probably assume correctly within a few guesses), but you can bet that is exactly the type of trash that we came here to escape. 

-- and you can relay this to any party you want to relay it to......publicly or not. 

Here ya go, Mike -- I have a testimony for you to give them, since I couldn't find the thread you are speaking of: 

Well, as you know -  I was a member of the WF for over a decade.  Loved it for a long time, but recent changes have driven many of the best thinkers and most fun members out of there in the last year or two.  A couple of us in here had a list of people that were absolutely fed up with the way the OT and the whole forum generally was going. We had decided that we didn't want to lose touch yet didn't like what we were experiencing there anymore.   You couldn't discuss anything anymore without trolls in a thread calling you stupid because THEY didn't like the topic.  Almost every thread was being disrupted with a running joke that had run itself out of humor over a year ago, bannings of long term members for no apparent reasons - so we found a place to go to get away from it........and did so in private.   The majority of the incoming Warriors are due to private invites for the people in that group from those of us who decided it was time to start shopping around elsewhere. We decided on this place.  Others followed because....well - probably because so many others came here from there. 

I was involved with the migration and so was one other here.  We were not paid. We were not enticed. We spent some time discussing which forums we thought would be good to notify the others in our group to migrate to in case of emergency to keep contact when banned unexpectedly - or just because they wanted to get out of the hash pit the OT and other forums had become. We did this via pm and not publically. Your place was NEVER mentioned publicly that I know of.  You were completely innocent in this matter.  

As far as we can see - there's no law against getting fed up with a place and going somewhere else.  It happens in the real world, too, and is a risk every business takes when they deal with the public.  There is no law against migrating from where you no longer want to be. 

I have no idea what the thread was that someone posted there - what you were implicated in doing, or who posted the trash (although I can probably assume correctly within a few guesses), but you can bet that is exactly the type of trash that we came here to escape. 

-- and you can relay this to any party you want to relay it to......publicly or not. 

If it's any indication what this Forum has in store for us...well all I can say this Thread below exhibits a HUGE amount of Encouragement and Hope for the future. A Thread about Religion, Christianity, Atheism and people who actually shared their most intimate beliefs in a respectful yet critcally constructive way without being lambasted or the Thread  being shut down. A sign of people who know what it means to be Mature :)

http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/topic/1673-tell-us-about-the-greatest-revelation-in-your-life-that-challenged-or-changed-your-perceptions/page-3

If it's any indication what this Forum has in store for us...well all I can say this Thread below exhibits a HUGE amount of Encouragement and Hope for the future. A Thread about Religion, Christianity, Atheism and people who actually shared their most intimate beliefs in a respectful yet critcally constructive way without being lambasted or the Thread  being shut down. A sign of people who know what it means to be Mature :)

http://spartanmarketingacademy.com/forums/topic/1673-tell-us-about-the-greatest-revelation-in-your-life-that-challenged-or-changed-your-perceptions/page-3

I agree. And I want to take this opportunity to say how very handsome I think you are, Mike.

Sucking up is an art.  :)

Yep, just had a peek at the WF OT, and saw 4 new member posts, hopefully it won't go the way of other forums, l have considered, where you click on the OT part and it is full of "New member hello's".

Nothing wrong with saying hi, but 2 or 3 pages of it, nah, it isn't a bar or OT, just place to say, hi.

Hi, hear you Sal, l got invited here about 7 months ago, by you or Terra, and found it a relief to be able to discuss paranormal stuff, without the usual remarks.

Unfortunately the floodgates are open now, eventhough Mike is putting a stop to that, thankfully.

At least here the ratios are reversed.

Karma is a b*** l guess.

:P

Yep, just had a peek at the WF OT, and saw 4 new member posts, hopefully it won't go the way of other forums, l have considered, where you click on the OT part and it is full of "New member hello's".

Nothing wrong with saying hi, but 2 or 3 pages of it, nah, it isn't a bar or OT, just place to say, hi.

Hi, hear you Sal, l got invited here about 7 months ago, by you or Terra, and found it a relief to be able to discuss paranormal stuff, without the usual remarks.

Unfortunately the floodgates are open now, eventhough Mike is putting a stop to that, thankfully.

At least here the ratios are reversed.

Karma is a b*** l guess.

:P

You still seem to be operating on the delusion that because you were invited by people who are not the owners of this forum that somehow you have some sort of authority over everyone else.

Here's some news for you bucko, I was invited here by the same people at the same time you were, as were many/most of the people you have problems with. Karma truly is a bitch isn't it?

You also seem to be operating under the delusion that you represent the majority of people here. If you go through your threads, the only person who's posted regularly on them has been taking the piss out of you. That poster was not a regular at the other place, or at least their username isn't recognisable. Karma again?

I saw that thread Mike.  Can't believe he can get away with the things he says and has said in other threads. 

This is a problem with the moderation on WF. It's not just that one individual gets away with mud slinging and trash talk. Often you have to flag individual posts even if the whole thread is a crap storm, and even then the moderation is a crapshoot. I recently had to ask several times for them to remove a particularly vile post from a thread that they've already heavily moderated over a couple of days. Please note that this is not related to the recent incident that Mike mentioned in the OP.

And this from a guy who's often an ***hole on that forum.

Then again, it's not the easiest job, and I'm in the impression that these mods may have other forums in their hands too.

Oh yeah - that's a great one.  Just like the conversations we used to have in the WF OT about half a decade and more back.  Loved reading every single post in that one.   Ya know - even the 80 pg Nonsense thread in the OT back around 2005 or so - was playful - but it wasn't nonsense.  Almost the whole thread referenced a particular set of things.   When Kevin and Ken started posting - that's when we started getting a few actual nonsense posts, but outside of the first few pages and the last 10 or so, the rest of that thread made every bit of perfect sense to about a dozen Warriors.  LMAO.  God we had fun.  We did a lot of thinking and a lot of business, and we really had fun.  

You are right - that thread was pretty awesome. I hope to participate in many more like that. 

Gotta tellya, WF makes me feel like a kid in the Intergalactic Artefact Museum, starin' goggle-eyed at the Celestial Scepter of Glory.

Weirdo aliens crowd the hall alongside me, flippin' through a zillion years of Scepter history on their holotabs with fevered tentacles, antennae and occasional actual fingers (albeit precisely more or less than 5).

"I traveled light years to get here," says one.

Another faints.  "I...I cannot believe I am in its presence!" *THUNK!*

"bgfryt hut-gafsre bhgktiuyrtegd-dgefd," intones another.

(Yep, sci-fi buffs, this is Scrotopathic Ogrespeek for "hey, my universal translator just broke, along with the strap on my frickin' thong.)

Lights dim, incense smolders, and the Keeper of the Scepter calls for silence.

I wanna say, "how in hell we gonna have silence till you shut your goddamn moosh?" — but I am only 3 years old, and my Mom is here.

Plus, I am srsly in awe.

Everyone is in awe.

Such is the inspirin' power of...the Scepter.

The Keeper summons The Force.

He fires beams of animatin' light deep into the scepter's heart.

AC/DC booms from the overhead speakers.

And the scepter (the Celestial Scepter of Glory!!!) kinda goes zzz zzzz zzzz — an' the lights all blow.

"That it?" calls a voice from the darkness.

Keeper footsteps scurry away.  "Knobcheese!"

Uh oh: LEGEND OVER.

I got no idea what is gowin' on over there on WF, 'part from they fitted their noo sluice gates backwards an' frightened a buncha cool people away with their tsnoobnami.

As for alla the badmouthin' of Sparta, I ain't seen nuthin' on my sporadic visits.

Gotta hope a few more people pull away an' head over here.

Better still: quality virgins show up from outta enthoosiasm's ether.

Even better: acrobatic monkeys handin' out candy.  (no, waitaminute — that is my mall fantasy.)

So, hey, yeah — jus' sayin'.

It is still my intention to lay low an' chill for a while but I jus' wanted to throw in my support.

This place has kudos, quality — an' perryny's cool reptiles...

http://postimg.org/image/oc3xrvr95/

(nonea my pix'r showin' from Photobucket or Postimage, prolly cos I am stoopid.)

You still seem to be operating on the delusion that because you were invited by people who are not the owners of this forum that somehow you have some sort of authority over everyone else.

Here's some news for you bucko, I was invited here by the same people at the same time you were, as were many/most of the people you have problems with. Karma truly is a bitch isn't it?

You also seem to be operating under the delusion that you represent the majority of people here. If you go through your threads, the only person who's posted regularly on them has been taking the piss out of you. That poster was not a regular at the other place, or at least their username isn't recognisable. Karma again?

Geeze calm down. Fair enough. :rolleyes:

And l counted, 6 against 2,3 on Terras thread, (well, you stayed out of it) which is the reverse of the WF OT.

Yes, Karma!

B)

Geeze calm down. Fair enough. :rolleyes:

And l counted, 6 against 2,3 on Terras thread, (well, you stayed out of it) which is the reverse of the WF OT.

Yes, Karma!

B)

I don't count things like the numbers of who is against who like it's a war of some kind going on.

I don't think I feel a need for everyone to always agree with me. Discussions are pointless if everyone is saying the same shit I can say in my own head to myself all day.

I acknowledge that this is not "What's in Jill's Head Forum." I don't think the majority here would want to go there anyway. I have a hard enough time posting there myself. :lol: