Special Offers Marketplace Opening Soon

Mike Friedman

We are putting the final touches on what is going to be a new marketplace opening up here.

Rules are being finalized. The mechanics of going from buying a listing to getting a sales thread posted to the sales thread going live are being worked out. 

This is not going to be a general marketplace. It is going to be a marketplace for special offers for members here only. In other words, anything offered will be at a discount for members or include special bonuses. Basically, what the WSO section at WF started as a long time ago.

One thing we have not worked out yet is the name of the section. The obvious choice is Spartan Special Offers, as many other forums have done, but if anyone has a suggestion of something new and unique, I am would love to hear it.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

This is not going to be a general marketplace. It is going to be a marketplace for special offers for members here only. 

I have gone back and forth on the idea that buyers would have to be a registered member here to take advantage of offers. I'm thinking sellers would prefer not to have that as a requirement, and I am leaning towards that.

Don't these two points kind of work against each other?

Seems like you'd get a lot of people just hosting a sales page here and skipping the special offers for members part.

Just thinking (typing?) out loud here, I'm sure you're sellers would prefer the latter.

Will people need to be logged in to see this forum?

No they will not.

I have gone back and forth on the idea that buyers would have to be a registered member here to take advantage of offers. I'm thinking sellers would prefer not to have that as a requirement, and I am leaning towards that.

Really I don't think it matters If a buyer is a forum member or not as long as the seller is answering questions directly on the forum (sales thread).

Example, If I'm not yet a forum member and on the fence about a product being sold on a forum odds are I'm going to create a forum profile and post my buyer questions on the sales thread.

Win, win for both the seller (potential lead) and the forum (new forum members).