Bitcoin is Booming

yukon

On 5/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, mki said:

BTC @ 2050 ATM.

Damn... I might be in at 2k.

Miki you may want to split that into 2 or 3 other cryptocurrency. You might do well with bitcoin yet some others may gain traffic. I like Ethreum besides Bitcoin and their are a few others I'm lookinging into. 

I was surprised this weekend had not seen this thread in awhile. I purchased Etherum and bit coin in very tiny amounts figuring I could loose it all. They are all way up !!! Even with the correction. As one article stated don't pay to much attention to it this weekend and turn the computer off a few days later the markets will be up. But it would be a good entry point if you want in. 

Here is something that is going to happen this week over sea's that make cryptocurrencys more legimate even though not sure I trust this country - http://www.altcointoday.com/russian-bankers-support-cryptocurrency-legalization/.

Saw this also online about a messaging app that is going to use the Etherum platform - https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/kik-social-media-platform-to-launch-ethereum-based-cryptocurrency/ Also here is another article about Etherum - https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/chinese-big-3-bitcoin-exchange-huobi-launches-ethereum-trading/

mki good luck in your purchase if BTC goes down to 2k.. Also big thanks to Yukon in keeping this thread alive and all your help. You make this stuff easier to understand and purchase, 

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes
On 5/27/2017 at 0:29 PM, yukon said:

First you'll need an offline wallet, MultiBit HD is a good/simple Bitcoin wallet to use.

Got it, installed it and reading all their docs...

On 6/6/2017 at 9:34 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Bitcoin might cross $3000 today.

If it does, I would expect a pullback afterwards for a few days. People seem to want to sell off when it hits those $500 or $1000 increments. 

Ethereum is spiking as well. I got into that at around $180 last week. It is on its way to $270 today.

Clearly I jinxed it. It hit about $2930 and then everyone shit their paints. It dropped about $300 before rebounding again. Kind of hovering around $2800 since.

17 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

Clearly I jinxed it. It hit about $2930 and then everyone shit their paints. It dropped about $300 before rebounding again. Kind of hovering around $2800 since.

It's like that all the time.

It will hit $3,000 and when it does it will jump a couple hundred more from all the media attention just like a stock that does well and then a few days later people will get bored/scared and sell, repeat...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 1:21 PM, yukon said:

Ha, ha, that $650 is now $710 in about 25 minutes.

Looks like it is down some. How long do you usually hold these picks ? Is this just pure speculating or do you think it has a chance to make some money in the future ?  

• 1 month later...

It's almost at $4300 today. 

A lot of people were predicting a big dip leading into the fork on August 1st, but that didn't really happen. It certainly stopped growing for a few weeks there, but the past 2 weeks, holy crap.

Ethereum is starting to climb again, but not as quickly as I think a lot of people were expecting.  

• 1 month later...

Major market slump right now. What are y'all doing? Holding? Buying up more? Any other altcoins of interest? Be interested to know if @yukon ever got into anything other than BTC? I was just planning to go into crypto - probably late to the party, this year, I know, but a good time to buy when the current dip hits the bottom? I expect long hodl is still the way forward.

4 hours ago, Darren said:

Major market slump right now. What are y'all doing? Holding? Buying up more? Any other altcoins of interest? Be interested to know if @yukon ever got into anything other than BTC? I was just planning to go into crypto - probably late to the party, this year, I know, but a good time to buy when the current dip hits the bottom? I expect long hodl is still the way forward.

Currently all in on Bitcoin, no doubts it will bounce back when the crowd calms down.

I've been in and out of most crypto listed on Poloniex. I've found Bitcoin to be the most stable long term crypto regardless of market swings.

All investing is a gamble, doesn't matter If it's crypto, real estate, stocks, etc... don't invest any money you can't comfortably afford to lose. Shit happens. With that being said, I'm currently at plus seven times my money right now, and that's after losing my ass on a few smaller cryptos.

55 minutes ago, kay king said:

Is this the 'dip'?

https://news.bitcoin.com/china-block-all-bitcoin-transactions/

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41320568

If it's true China drove the price up - might this go the other direction?

It won't be permanent. Several other countries did the same thing before going forward allowing it with new regulations.

And even if it was permanent, cryptocurrencies are not going anywhere. More and more businesses are accepting Bitcoin and others as a form of payment. Plenty of countries have legitimized it. It is here to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have 2 customers now that are regularly paying me through Bitcoin. I cannot complain. It's easy as can be.

I'm currently offering a 5% discount on services when they pay with Bitcoin. I think I saw someone here suggest that idea. It's not for everyone, but the more tech-savvy ones like it.

I see threads and posts keep getting deleted at that other place when Bitcoin is mentioned. The moderation there just keeps going further and further downhill. I get the spammy "buy bitcoin cheap at xyz" posts, but there have been some decent discussions about using Bitcoin (not as an investment) that just vanished.

27 minutes ago, Mike Friedman said:

I'm going to guess it will hit $5300 or so before everyone freaks out and drops the price under $5k again for a little bit. Then it will jump quickly on the way to $6k.

I base this on absolutely no factual data.

Yep, that's the time proven pattern and it's closing in on $5,300.

Currently at $5,244.

Lets recap.

When this thread was started, Bitcoin price was $650, and that was after it had been doing good. So in the span of a year and a half, there's a $4,594 gain.

Like I've said before, find a few clients that use Bitcoin and all you really risk is some of your time.

Hopefully I'll be posting in another 1.5 years how Bitcoin passed the $10,000 mark. It's doable.

Ha, ha, Bitcoin is currently at $5,840 as I post this comment.

It's going to crash hard, lmao. I'm still holding out since this happens all the time when it reaches new highs.

Last time it dropped $1,000 right before it hit $5k, might do the same right before it hits $6k which is ok if $5K is the new average. Repeat...