Real Estate Anyone? domains?

My young neighbor (she's in her late 20's) is training for the next year under another real estate person.

I'm going to build her website for her.

She did start a facebook page, but I pointed her out that she can buy some PLR to have some regular content to post and also encouraged her to look deep into figuring out what her specialty is going to be.

Now a question is - should it be "her name realestate.com" or should it be "hernamelocationrealestate.com" Or should it be "herspecialtyrealestate.com" or ???

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on how you'd encourage an up and coming realestate agent to establish herself with the domain.

Grow your online visibility

I'd use her name or at least her last name + root keyword as the domain name because in something like real estate her name is what you want traffic to remember. Or If she has her own business obviously use that as the domain name. As far as SEO the domain name doesn't matter, it's not ranking a page either way.

Jill, many of the most successful Realtors here, use just their name.  Some have cute domains, like hometospokane, (she USED to be my client), but I always felt that using the word "Spokane", was limiting her.  She sold real estate in Eastern Washington.  I had a heck of a time showing, explaining to her why she needed to use other areas in her content as keywords. 

Branding is the best way for agents now.  It really shows they care enough about their business to "own" it.  They stuck their name on it.  I hate seeing Brokers with "agentsname.brokerage.com" kind of thing.  They're just piggy backing off of their lead Brokerages site, driving traffic to them first.  *shivers*

What Yukon suggested is great, too.  But definitely use her name.  Also, most people (buyers/sellers) remember names of agents, not the Brokerage they work for.  Some that I've seen also have the word "sells" in it.  JanesellsOrlando.com or something like that. 

Just some thoughts, you owe me 2 cents!  :D ***no checks you stinker**

Jill, many of the most successful Realtors here, use just their name.  Some have cute domains, like hometospokane, (she USED to be my client), but I always felt that using the word "Spokane", was limiting her.  She sold real estate in Eastern Washington.  I had a heck of a time showing, explaining to her why she needed to use other areas in her content as keywords. 

Branding is the best way for agents now.  It really shows they care enough about their business to "own" it.  They stuck their name on it.  I hate seeing Brokers with "agentsname.brokerage.com" kind of thing.  They're just piggy backing off of their lead Brokerages site, driving traffic to them first.  *shivers*

What Yukon suggested is great, too.  But definitely use her name.  Also, most people (buyers/sellers) remember names of agents, not the Brokerage they work for.  Some that I've seen also have the word "sells" in it.  JanesellsOrlando.com or something like that. 

Just some thoughts, you owe me 2 cents!  :D ***no checks you stinker**

Yes. Definitely do not lot them pick anything with the broker's name in it. I have seen agents make that mistake. Real estate, mortgage, insurance, etc... those agents jump from firm to firm all of the time.

Yes. Definitely do not lot them pick anything with the broker's name in it. I have seen agents make that mistake. Real estate, mortgage, insurance, etc... those agents jump from firm to firm all of the time.

Mike, I hope this allowed here!

Jill, Mike is right.  Agents do jump around.  That is why branding is so important.  But their branding (website) is equally important.  Take a look at the difference in these two sites below.  The first one, she has a super website!  She is a Broker at one of the more high dollar Brokerages.  It's designed around her personality.  The second one, again, she's from one of the biggest Brokerages around here, but they sell anything, not really focused on high dollar.  The second one, her site looks exactly like her Brokerages site.  Same format, colors and all. Boring as heck! 

http://www.suzydix.com/

http://www.jeaninnedawson.com

The difference in style says so much! 

I'm not telling you how to do the design, please don't think that, I'm just giving you examples of some Brokers get and what some don't.  They really need to stand out! 

The other issue too is she is engaged but not married yet. I alerted her to the fact that her name will change, so likely will need to scoop up both names we choose for now and force one as a redirect or masked.

I'm ok with her name in it but was contemplating if there would be any benefit to adding something like "RE" to the end to establish more of what the site is about.

She is already not going to stay with who she is working under now - but she is in a one year contract at the moment.

The other issue too is she is engaged but not married yet. I alerted her to the fact that her name will change, so likely will need to scoop up both names we choose for now and force one as a redirect or masked.

I'm ok with her name in it but was contemplating if there would be any benefit to adding something like "RE" to the end to establish more of what the site is about.

She is already not going to stay with who she is working under now - but she is in a one year contract at the moment.

I don't think the re is needed.   Establishing what her site is about comes through other avenues.  Advertising, content... and so on.  As for her new name after the marriage, good choice in scooping up both!

While I am of little real estate knowledge, I would definitely integrate that TourFactory slider into the site you build (as shown in the first example Khemosabi shared in post #5) - that slide show is freaking awesome!

Hell, I live in Florida and loved that log cabin in Spokane with all the outbuildings, barn, and tool sheds, I better get to writing more, lol.

While I am of little real estate knowledge, I would definitely integrate that TourFactory slider into the site you build (as shown in the first example Khemosabi shared in post #5) - that slide show is freaking awesome!

Hell, I live in Florida and loved that log cabin in Spokane with all the outbuildings, barn, and tool sheds, I better get to writing more, lol.

Tour Factory is a great site Art!  Where Brokers mess it up, *Jill*, is they don't include any "voice" in it.  More times than not, a viewer doesn't have a clue as to what they're looking at, other than a really brief description at the top of the slide, in text.  They miss out on adding things like property lot size, that's a big one!  A person has to chase that down on other sites, or call her, which is probably her motive, but what a time waster! 

Another mistake, you can see it here:

http://www.sheritilton.com/

Sheri uses Tour Factory as her only method of "showing" the property.  Her descriptions of the property on other sites, where characters are limited, (Zillow and such), she misses out on actually describing for a buyer the value in each room.  Everyone gets 2bd/2bth, but sometimes there are abbreviated descriptions that a potential buyer have no clue as to what they mean.

Tour Factory is also a paid service.  A simple PowerPoint slideshow would work really well.  With a voice over!  Adding that to a site, and a YouTube channel is additional traffic.

• 2 months later...

The other issue too is she is engaged but not married yet. I alerted her to the fact that her name will change....

Wow.  "Will"?  If I had said "will", rather than "might", I'd get absolutely skewered by the PC Police! :)

And what if her career lasts longer than her marriage?  Then she might have to change again!  Better to simply keep her own name, and always keep her new partner on his/her toes.

There's also this solution. :D