How can I get to this market?

I offer a service of creating books from recorded interviews.

My target market for this is the following:

1. They have purchased a book or program from someone (Michael Port, Brendon Burchard, etc.) who tells them they need to write and publish a book in order to be more successful in their field.
  2. They agree to this and know they need to.
  3. They do not have the time or desire to write the book themselves.

How can I reach this market? I can't use the names in my marketing efforts because of trademarks, so...how can I reach this group?

(I know I ask a lot of questions on this forum. I really do appreciate everyone's help. You Spartans rock.  :wub: )

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

Sounds to me like this is a perfect fit for Google Adwords...

My understanding is that I can't use the trademarked terms in my ads, which makes it hard to target this specific market.

I may try to use different wording, though.

Edited to add: I just got the Millionaire Messenger by Brendon Burchard. 

I'm thinking about writing a book review and then mentioning my DFY book service at the end.

(The book is excellent so far, fyi.)

You mean the names of the marketers they got this advice from?

You don't need them. Target the keywords these people would be searching, like 'ghostwriter', 'how to write a book', etc. Whatever these people are telling their followers to do, just describe that and buy those terms.

Ooooooooers. Yes. That is very good. Thank you.  :wub:

I do something similar... There's a very popular niche software (think Photoshop cult like following). I basically create starter packs (files) for the niche software, give away the simple stuff as a traffic lure directly on the niche software forum. That gets traffic to my sites.

There's a learning curve for the niche software so my angle is to create projects that will get the software users up and running faster than what they could do on their own following tutorials. I also own the software which is similar to OP owning the guru book, you already know what traffic has bought, what makes the product/book tick. Use that to your advantage and build content around that subject/niche.

Figure out where your target traffic hangs out and create a free lure to get them back to your own site.

Can you not find some way to get around the trademark issue with nominative fair use? Write a comparison/review of the five most popular books of this kind as a way to bring in traffic to the site on which you promote your own service? There's be nothing to prevent you running ads using the trademarks to bring traffic in to such a page as far as I can tell.

I do something similar... There's a very popular niche software (think Photoshop cult like following). I basically create starter packs (files) for the niche software, give away the simple stuff as a traffic lure directly on the niche software forum. That gets traffic to my sites.

There's a learning curve for the niche software so my angle is to create projects that will get the software users up and running faster than what they could do on their own following tutorials. I also own the software which is similar to OP owning the guru book, you already know what traffic has bought, what makes the product/book tick. Use that to your advantage and build content around that subject/niche.

Figure out where your target traffic hangs out and create a free lure to get them back to your own site.

I've found that one of the difficulties with this is capturing people in the initial phase of the buying cycle*.

To use your example, suppose you're selling a rival software to Photoshop. Where does your target traffic hang out? A forum full of people talking about image editing isn't going to be any help - it's full of people who have already made that purchase decision and are talking about what they can do with whatever software they've chosen. Perhaps you'd get the odd lead from someone who's made the wrong choice of software and is looking to switch.

But what you really need is a forum for people who are discussing what image editing software to buy, and no such forum exists in most niches (because the decision is normally a fairly quick and impulsive one).

A lot of the time the instruction "figure out where your target traffic hangs out" leads to the answer "nowhere".

* I should add, there's no reason to think this would be a problem in the case of the OP

Can you not find some way to get around the trademark issue with nominative fair use? Write a comparison/review of the five most popular books of this kind as a way to bring in traffic to the site on which you promote your own service? There's be nothing to prevent you running ads using the trademarks to bring traffic in to such a page as far as I can tell.

I think this might be a really good workaround. :)

Did anyone mention FB ads targeting interest in both the experts you're talking about plus the service you offer, software the prospects are looking at, and related how-to books they might be reading?

If you got a hit on 3-4 of these variables that would make for a pretty good pre-qualified prospect.

I like the idea of reviewing the software/DIY methods these folks are looking at already to draw traffic over to you.

To spring a referral deal with one of the experts, you'll need a demonstrable track record and likely a referral over from someone at their level who they know. The first one should be the toughest nut to crack. I like this idea, too, but it might be challenging.