Oh Boy. Here Comes the Riots.

mki

So you really were here just to troll and spam crap and you can't even admit you don't have any answers.

That's pathetic.

I'll admit, I don't personally know how America should deal with this problem.

But I'm not going to sit here and blame the wrong people.

The problem exists because we haven't done squat about it and it will just get worse and worse until something happens.

You know what really probably drives him nuts? Since he was banned from here and entered illegally, he is the forum equivalent of an illegal Mexican immigrant. Something I am sure he hates.

2876777_640px.jpg?1303601706

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

@mki

...says the multi-account king. 50 WF accounts and counting you say....

Keep on keeping on, cartbro.

So much negativity and nonsense about you these days.

I do not care about freelancer's awful investment. That forum has been a diarrhea filled toilet bowl for a long time.

That comment is the equivalent of you insulting me because I canceled my AOL account...

And like you seem to already know, if I wanted to have 50 accounts on there, I would be on there right now.

AND... From what others are saying, it seems like that massive hypocrite issue is rearing its ugly head again.

Edit: Seriously, there's a thread in WF General, where I talked to myself on 4 accounts over several days, for sole purpose of increasing my post count.

Nobody else was really talking and there really wasn't a point to the thread.

The mods never figured it out. I'd go dig the URL up for you, but I have that forum blacklisted in my router's firewall.

Oh RIGHT. And I'm never going there for any reason ever again. There's that problem as well.

Seriously, there's a thread in WF General, where I talked to myself on 4 accounts over several days, for sole purpose of increasing my post count.

I love that comment!   Seems to me we all expected the WF to go "down!!!!!!!" but what I'm finding a boring sputter....sort of a like a 6 hp motor on 26 ft boat.....really sloooooow and boooooring ride...

My biggest problem with discussions like this is I understand why both sides have some of the opinions they have.  I never grasp why it has to all one or all the other.  I see  pros and cons for demonstrators and for cops.

I can find reasons people should not have been shot - yet still understand why that could happen at times.

I seem to end up arguing both for and against both sides....and NO one agrees with me.  That's OK - I have no power so it's all conjecture in my mind anyway.

What I don't want is to see these tragic deaths used by pols or activists to promote agendas.  We have problems and we need to find solutions and middle ground.  As long as both sides stand screaming and cursing at each other,

there's no chance of anything getting better.   As long as the fight is to "be right" and show others as "wrong" - we get nowhere except used.  That bothers me. 

What I don't want is to see these tragic deaths used by pols or activists to promote agendas.  We have problems and we need to find solutions and middle ground.  As long as both sides stand screaming and cursing at each other,

there's no chance of anything getting better.   As long as the fight is to "be right" and show others as "wrong" - we get nowhere except used.  That bothers me. 

Martin Luther King was an activist with a single cause who had great accomplishments in civil rights. He marched everywhere .... not just in his neck of the world. Like this one you mentioned, they have/had a lifetime of being black in America and civil rights is their only cause. They don't bounce from cause to cause. They have a single message and they take it where it is needed at the time. These aren't tragic deaths. They're murders. Cops don't have the right to execute people and if shooting people is their way of policing because they are a bunch of cowards whose highlight of the day is a dish of donuts at Dunkin Donuts, they have no business being in law enforcement.  The Department of Justice will likely step in on both of these deaths and investigate these police departments fully. Police departments need to step up and raise the bar for entry and get rid of the bad apples in their departments. Many of these gutless wonders have no business being in a position where other people's lives are at stake.

There is evil on both sides...i.e in this Thread and out on the streets with Officers and the general Public.

Is it me or am I seeing totally irony in that if the one person who people are saying is  going way over the edge with the name calling and mistreatment of other Members in here was on the "other side".....would we see this calamity and uproar ?

Me thinks not !! 

Btw, most police officers I have ever encountered and ones I know have been really good people and good public servants. It definitely is a few bad apples and they need to be rid of and addressed. Just as there are a few bad apples on the other side that need to be rid of and addressed.

Similar to here ;)

Another one of your fake promises under your fake account that should be banned.

I was told not to ban him just for having a second account.

Despite everything he said, he wanted to be a member here. He was a member here for 2 months and had no problem with anything that happened here. It wasn't until one string of posts focused on him that the proverbial shit hit the fan. Then all of a sudden everyone here was evil. 

But even after that, at first, he still wanted to be here. His report he made on the posts even said that. 

And now he has even gone out of his way to create a second account.

Anyhow, the more he posts here, the more that is kind of born out to be true.

After everything that happened, Mike finds that to be "F'ing hilarious". 

There was also some thought that perhaps seeing that WF did not feel the same loyalty to him that he felt to it might tone him down a little bit. 

Oh, and did I mention the multiple accounts hypocrisy. 

It doesn't mean he won't be banned for something else or that he has free range, but just for creating a second account he will not be banned at this time.

I was told not to ban him just for having a second account.

Despite everything he said, he wanted to be a member here. He was a member here for 2 months and had no problem with anything that happened here. It wasn't until one string of posts focused on him that the proverbial shit hit the fan. Then all of a sudden everyone here was evil. 

But even after that, at first, he still wanted to be here. His report he made on the posts even said that. 

And now he has even gone out of his way to create a second account.

Anyhow, the more he posts here, the more that is kind of born out to be true.

After everything that happened, Mike finds that to be "F'ing hilarious". 

There was also some thought that perhaps seeing that WF did not feel the same loyalty to him that he felt to it might tone him down a little bit. 

Oh, and did I mention the multiple accounts hypocrisy. 

It doesn't mean he won't be banned for something else or that he has free range, but just for creating a second account he will not be banned at this time.

I see. The problem with ForumGuru is the same problem that he had at the WF. He and MA both turn threads into flames and ashes nearly always. Their MO is personal attack and they are relentless, particularly for Don in a political discussion. He's like a rabid dog. It isn't difficult to see when and where this thread and the one previously that was deleted went to flames and who amped up the temperature.

But naturally, it's Mike's forum, so I defer to his decision, of course.

I see. The problem with ForumGuru is the same problem that he had at the WF. He and MA both turn threads into flames and ashes nearly always. Their MO is personal attack and they are relentless, particularly for Don in a political discussion. He's like a rabid dog. It isn't difficult to see when and where this thread and the one previously that was deleted went to flames and who amped up the temperature.

But naturally, it's Mike's forum, so I defer to his decision, of course.

Forget about the negatives. Look at the positives. Technically, he is not a real member, so when I call Juan an asshole, I'm not really breaking any rules. 

At least, that's how I am taking it.

I love that comment!   Seems to me we all expected the WF to go "down!!!!!!!" but what I'm finding a boring sputter....sort of a like a 6 hp motor on 26 ft boat.....really sloooooow and boooooring ride...

My biggest problem with discussions like this is I understand why both sides have some of the opinions they have.  I never grasp why it has to all one or all the other.  I can pros and cons for demonstrators and for cops.

I can find reasons people should not have been shot - yet still understand why that could happen at times.

I seem to end up arguing both for and against both sides....and NO one agrees with me.  That's OK - I have no power so it's all conjecture in my mind anyway.

As far as WF goes and I'm not going to make any more comments about it. At least not in this thread.

It used to be a go-to spot. If I needed help or I needed advice, usually somebody would come around and respond with in about half an hour or so.

Some of the WSOs actually taught real working strategies. (Some still do but it's not the same.)

But that was like 10 years ago.

So either I developed, or WF declined. Probably a mix of both.

When I came back, I realized I was back in my old routine, but the forum wasn't.

I used to just make a post like "Hey I need a WSO to teach me about list building techniques, does anybody recommend anything?" (Which I still use every single strategy in the original WSO I read, which was given to me by the author, for free (the up-sales were not) and I feel like those strategies are kind of a "lost art".)

Go try that now. I'm guessing you will get a mix of signature spam, completely clueless people, and bad advice.

As far as "lost arts" nobody seems to know what a funnel is anymore. I told somebody I suggested building a funnel site and they PMed me and I had to explain it to them.

I didn't even include the endless variations you could create and the limitless different ways you could do it with social media, email, and paid advertising.

It's like, because I know things that I thought were basics 10 years ago, I no longer fit in over there.

The quality of the discussion in virtually every forum is pretty valueless as well now.

The reality with that forum is (and all forums), it might be a format problem. From my personal experience, there's still people around, but they're scattered across social media, skype, and other various sites, there really aren't "go to spots" anymore.

As far as understanding both sides: I always felt this was a critical skill as a marketer. To think about the different groups of people, the way they think, and then try to identify your target audience (I actually suggest one of those demographic spreadsheets for reference, or since "infographics" trended in awhile back, at the very least, reference something like http://dailytrojan.com/2013/11/05/demographics-by-numbers/ .)

You also need to identify the outliers and decide whether you "care" about them.

So when political conversations arise, I honestly believe, that if I knew what political affiliation a person was I could; identify with them, explain what the opposing side's concern is, and remain completely neutral.

So unless all you do is market 30 day cleanse supplements to 35-55 year old, probably white women, with a household income of 55-80k, with 2 years college education or less, who live in Florida or California, you've probably had to go through the process of; understanding the buyers and figuring out the best way to get your message to them. Then most likely, had to shed some level of comfort to actually take action, take the risk, and pull the trigger on the campaign. Edit: To be clear, what I mean is, if you only work with one target audience/offer you can just try different things until you figure out what works, no real incite the buyer is actually required.

After going through a process like that over time, it's hard for me to hear about some of these issues that were discussed in this thread and not see what both sides are thinking and what both sides want and come to a conclusion that ultimately is sad. It's unlikely much is going to change and if it does, there's no solution that will be universally accepted, because if there was, we would have done it already.

The ability to try to understand different viewpoints on the same issue, is another thing, where I really feel, it is a lost art.

I don't think 18-25 year olds are sitting there thinking "well what does my decision really do for everybody else? What about this group and their goals?"

There's no attempt to build relationships or work towards smart decisions that are mutually beneficial to everyone.

With all that said:

Who does the deadly force problem really involve?

Well, the Dallas shooter is an outlier, and I don't care about that person. We can not allow ourselves to live in constant fear from someone like that. There will always be people who will go to any extreme.

BLM: Look I can see their point, I don't agree with everything they've said or done, but there's a distinct pattern here. Also, lets be realistic, America has not always been "Black People Friendly" throughout it's history. And in the minds of many minorities, the problems have gotten better, but it's not over. They still don't feel like they are treated equally and if you look at certain statistics, it's apparent there is still some level of inequality.

Every other law abiding citizen: The problem doesn't effect one group of people, as I tried to point out earlier in this thread, everyone is subject to the same insanity. Nothing scares me more then randomly dying over something meaningless, I have things I want to do with my life, and that is the thing that I should be scared of the least. I should be worried about my next campaign failing, not whether I should leave a "survival kit" in the trunk of my car (I live in Cleveland... Can't Wait For the Convention... Escape route to Canada already planned...) Edit: Or maybe I should pull out my press pass and grab my camera.

I shouldn't have to Google "Best way to handle getting pulled over" or "What to do if I am taken hostage by a terrorist" but I have.

I really have faith that our politicians could do something about this matter, but the system is so push and pull, it seems like it takes something extreme to get even something basic changed.

I'm not turning on the news, or reading the media thinking "Man I hope there's a massive riot today where a bunch of people get killed" but that's the worst part, I know without something like that happening, nothing is going to change.

Well, the Dallas shooter is an outlier, and I don't care about that person.

True and it should be a separate conversation.  However, when you allow/encourage people to see that as "payback".

I think a lot HAS changed.  Body cams are the biggest improvement.  Cell phones are great, too, but too often they show the end rather than the entirety....not saying it's not

useful but once it's been sold to the media or blasted on FB or Youtube it's not really good as evidence.

Body cams that are automatically on the moment a cop steps out of his car....will be the way to go.

True and it should be a separate conversation.  However, when you allow/encourage people to see that as "payback".

I think a lot HAS changed.  Body cams are the biggest improvement.  Cell phones are great, too, but too often they show the end rather than the entirety....not saying it's not

useful but once it's been sold to the media or blasted on FB or Youtube it's not really good as evidence.

Body cams that are automatically on the moment a cop steps out of his car....will be the way to go.

... and yet, the crooked cops get around that by having their body cams conveniently "fall off" ... both of them at the time of the murder. Fortunately smartphones are in abundant supply. Dash cams have been mysteriously malfunctioning or turned off at the opportune times as well.

... and yet, the crooked cops get around that by having their body cams conveniently "fall off" ... both of them at the time of the murder. Fortunately smartphones are in abundant supply. Dash cams have been mysteriously malfunctioning or turned off at the opportune times as well.

Time for observational drones that launch when the cops exit the vehicle and record events from all angles.

It's just a matter of time.  :-)

Cheers. - Frank

The cop had a cam running.  What the public saw was the woman's cam.  Note - her kid is already out of the car being held by a cop when her filming starts.  What happened before that?  I saw the film.  I've been looking for it again and it seems to be nowhere to be found.  Maybe I'm  not looking hard enough?  Maybe it's been taken down?  If I actually take time to look for it again, I'll post it -- without comment. 

. In January 2016, Baton Rouge PD Chief Carl Dabadie told the metro council that his officers were having issues keeping the L-3 cameras attached to their uniforms. Thus the department was switching body camera vendors to TASER.

Seems the most common way to attach the cams is with magnets....

http://1065thebuzz.com/news/articles/2016/jul/08/police-body-cameras-can-fall-off-during-scuffles/

You could use things like the attachments for GoPro - but cops have to be able to move without something obstructing them.

With people like this - no chance.....

Was watching news just now - the police chief in Dallas (who is black himself) - told the reporter the Dallas police are wiling to give their lives to protec the protestors....

but what he asked for was some recognition from the groups organizing the protests that the efforts of police and the lives given....meant something to the protestors.

He asked that protest GROUPS acknowledge the level of support and protection they have received.

The response from a BLM 'spokeswoman' - "The police wouldn't have to be at risk if they weren't out killing our people".  What a bitch!   No appreciation or sympathy

at all from her - why would any cop be willing to give up his life for people like that?  I wouldn't.

How long before cops just walk off the job and let the protesters have the cities?  Would serve them right.

BLM blocking traffic and/or emergency vehicles on the famous 405, the busiest highway in the United States.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/07/11/black-lives-matter-shuts-405-l/

CnEJ3G8WgAAdRjO.jpg

Too much. Sorry, it is. Even many of the BLM leaders disagree with the extent of this. I guess it doesn't matter if you put Innocent children's lives at stake when you do something like this. Unbelievable !!

Agreed, they don't realize the damage that can be done by blocking public service vehicles and others. This is in Cali, nowhere near where any of the recent events have taken place.

Juan,

I'm sure if an ambulance or fire truck came along and needed to get through, they would step aside.