Scripts to Stop Affiliate Hi-Jackers?

Art Moran

That's silly. That's not stealing sales considering the original author would never had access to the other guys traffic regardless of the content.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

Who is smart enough to clone a site but dumb enough to leave a mysterious trojan code snippet in the HTML?

The guy was talking about his campaigns being stolen.  If you are running a campaign and three others steal it and run the same campaign, it isn't going to work so well.

I also wouldn't say someone is smart because they clone a site.  Copying and pasting isn't an intellectual endeavor.

As for who will be stupid enough to miss it..   this super affiliate guy whoever he is.  I can see it happening.  A couple lines of javascript code could be easily missed.  How much coding do you do?  I do a lot and can see missing it if I am not looking for something like that.

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

The guy was talking about his campaigns being stolen.  If you are running a campaign and three others steal it and run the same campaign, it isn't going to work so well.

That's still not making sense.

Again, anyone can run the same campaign (ad copy, etc..) so that's not stealing.

Second, If the original person is having success with a campaign they'll keep running the campaign (ads, etc...) so anyone else could potentially have the same/similar success.

Just because one guy started making money with ads/copy doesn't mean nobody else can do the same and still be profitable. That's the whole point of competition (example Adwords bidding).

ThomasBelknap, on 17 Jul 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

As for who will be stupid enough to miss it..   this super affiliate guy whoever he is.  I can see it happening.  A couple lines of javascript code could be easily missed.  How much coding do you do?  I do a lot and can see missing it if I am not looking for something like that.

Seriously?

Most sales page HTML source code is very simple, regular HTML, affiliate IDs, and analytics tracking. Remove everything except the sales copy/formatting. I don't get why that's complicated or would even be a concern.

That's still not making sense.

Again, anyone can run the same campaign (ad copy, etc..) so that's not stealing.

Second, If the original person is having success with a campaign they'll keep running the campaign (ads, etc...) so anyone else could potentially have the same/similar success.

Just because one guy started making money with ads/copy doesn't mean nobody else can do the same and still be profitable. That's the whole point of competition (example Adwords bidding).

When did taking  content, graphics and images become legal?

Seriously?

Most sales page HTML source code is very simple, regular HTML, affiliate IDs, and analytics tracking. Remove everything except the sales copy/formatting. I don't get why that's complicated or would even be a concern.

Yes, seriously.  You understand javascript code to figure out what it is doing so you know to take it out?  That is if the code is embedded.

Edited to add:  We should also remember not all javascript is embedded.  You wouldn't embed jquery into a website but link to the file.   The reason source code can look simple is because many of the libraries are accessed that way.  

When did taking  content, graphics and images become legal?

I didn't say stealing content was legal. 

What are we talking about here? I thought the subject was people stealing content, I didn't say it was legal but I thought that was the subject.

My point was (again) anyone in the world can target the same keywords/traffic on FB ads (or wherever). Just because you started buying FB ads/traffic (campaign) doesn't mean you're Christopher Columbus. You don't own the traffic you never had (competition campaign) therefore it's not stealing.

ThomasBelknap, on 17 Jul 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yes, seriously.  You understand javascript code to figure out what it is doing so you know to take it out?  That is if the code is embedded.

Edited to add:  We should also remember not all javascript is embedded.  You wouldn't embed jquery into a website but link to the file.   The reason source code can look simple is because many of the libraries are accessed that way.

Lmao, you would still have to call the javascript from the HTML source code or the javascript on another file would be dead code. 

Yukon, if you're going to argue and tell us it couldn't happen, it's better to know what we are talking about. 

You telling me you would know what foo() is doing in the first code sample?  Maybe you would take it out because you're not sure.   Many people would leave it in for the same reason.

<body onload="foo()">

We could use this javascript that could be in a separate file.  This function would be called on the load event.  Nothing in the html source code.  You wouldn't know it was there if you looked at the html source code.

window.onload = function() {

};

Yukon, if you're going to argue and tell us it couldn't happen, it's better to know what we are talking about. 

You telling me you would know what foo() is doing in the first code sample?  Maybe you would take it out because you're not sure.   Many people would leave it in for the same reason.

We could use this javascript that could be in a separate file.  This function would be called on the load event.  Nothing in the html source code.  You wouldn't know it was there if you looked at the html source code.

Ok... So were just clear about this...

Some people spend thousands of dollars a day on Ad spend. Many professional affiliate marketers (I'm not sure why you would be swiping their campaign if this wasn't affiliate marketing) don't really screw around and when they deposit money into accounts they just dump 20-30k in at a time.

Especially on certain platforms, if your campaign is working, you don't want to be running out of money in the account while the campaign is hot. It could take a few days to get money back into the account while you sit there with your amazing campaign paused, probably while other people are running it for themselves. If you're spending that kind of money on Ads, your campaign is going to show up in a bunch of ad spying tools and there's people who sit around all day and just swipe stuff. But, that's what they do, they're professionals at it. I'm sure they know to double check the landing page source code to make sure they didn't accidentally leave anything in that might alert anybody about what they are doing.

So if somebody spends 20k on ads and they didn't investigate what the foo() function does, and they get screwed, I mean that's on them. But I don't really see that happening anywhere besides Facebook ads with crappy $20 a day budget campaigns where they are marketing JVzoo/Clickbank products. If that's what were talking about, I mean sure why not?

They only way I really see this working, is if you registered a function on the submit method on a form, which might allow you to collect co-registration data with certain types of offers. So the swiper would still get their CPA, but you would get free co-reg data. This could work if the code is just sneaky enough, maybe with some additional trickery, like setup a bogus tracking domain and then repeat the affiliate ID in the URL structure. The swiper might think that's part of the form code and replace their ID, not realizing the data isn't going to the CPA company. Again, I still think the swiper would look at the code and think "man that code looks a little goofy, I'm going to swap it out with code I know personally works."

So maybe the code -> triggers a conversion in voluum or whatever tracker they use

submits the data to tracker.cpacompany.com/affiliate

and then submits the data to tracker.cpacompany.com.tracking.site/affiliate

Or maybe if it's data is going to an ESP, you could do something similar.

I COULD see people falling for that.

If I did that and somebody fell for it, I would just pause my campaign. THX for teh DATAZ!

I'm talking about people that know what they're doing, not half ass wannabe IMers.

Anyone with 1 week of self taught HTML would avoid nonsense like the code example.

Do you really think anyone smart enough to run a successful paid ad campaign (ex: Facebook, etc...) is dumb enough to scrape an entire HTML page with competition code? That's like saying someone will scrape competition pages and leave competition affiliate links intact. Nonsense.

I'm talking about people that know what they're doing, not half ass wannabe IMers.

Anyone with 1 week of self taught HTML would avoid nonsense like the code example.

Do you really think anyone smart enough to run a successful paid ad campaign (ex: Facebook, etc...) is dumb enough to scrape an entire HTML page with competition code? That's like saying someone will scrape competition pages and leave competition affiliate links intact. Nonsense.

Yes, I think wannabe IM'ers can run successful campaigns because they copied successful campaigns.   Why would anyone copy a campaign if they are successfully doing it on their own?

lol  at you saying you would avoid that nonsense.  You thought you have to call javascript from html code in order for it to run.  

Yes, I think wannabe IM'ers can run successful campaigns because they copied successful campaigns.   Why would anyone copy a campaign if they are successfully doing it on their own?

lol  at you saying you would avoid that nonsense.  You thought you have to call javascript from html code in order for it to run.  

Are you stupid or just trolling?

Your own code example shows you calling javascript from HTML.

<body onload="foo()">

How do you think you'll call javascript If there's no reference to the javascript code? The answer is, it's not happening.

You guys are just making shit up as you go, OP doesn't even show any code that he's talking about, just some hype about an IMer selling some magic code. Blah.

Are you stupid or just trolling?

Your own code example shows you calling javascript from HTML.

How do you think you'll call javascript If there's no reference to the javascript code? The answer is, it's not happening.

You guys are just making shit up as you go, OP doesn't even show any code that he's talking about, just some hype about an IMer selling some magic code. Blah.

You conveniently used the first example.  

"Lmao, you would still have to call the javascript from the HTML source code or the javascript on another file would be dead code. "

You stated that a call to javascript must be done within the html.   I showed you in the second example that it doesn't need to be done within the html.  I should be asking you if you're stupid or trolling (probably a little bit of both).  You obviously don't know anything about what you're talking about here. 

You conveniently used the first example.  I showed you in the second example.  I should be asking you if you're stupid or trolling (probably a little bit of both).  You obviously don't know anything about what you're talking about here.

I know you're full of shit and just making up nonsense. Anyone with half a brain knows not referencing code (you're javascript) is dead code.

This thread is a clear case of IMer fools gold (BUY MY MAGIC CODE!). 

I know you're full of shit and just making up nonsense. Anyone with half a brain knows not referencing code (you're javascript) is dead code.

This thread is a clear case of IMer fools gold (BUY MY MAGIC CODE!). 

You didn't say referencing javascript files in the html code.  You said calling javascript from the html code.  Once the javascript file is referenced, you don't need to make specific calls, from the html, in order for it to run.

You wouldn't know what the javascript files contained by looking at the html.  

You are the one full of shit on this.  You're just trying to twist the conversation now.   Sad, it's a typical tactic I have seen from you on the other forum.  Stop embarrassing yourself man.  It isn't pretty.

You didn't say referencing javascript files in the html code.  You said calling javascript from the html code.  Once the javascript file is referenced, you don't need to make specific calls, from the html, in order for it to run.

OMG is this Mike   A n t h o n y?

Calling, referencing same Fing thing!

Funny, I posted about your similar posting styles to ole Mike but it kept editing out the name.   

Referencing files is not the same as calling javascript code.  I won't let you muddy the waters here and try to argue your way out of this.  You still wouldn't know what the javascript is doing.   It could be a lightbox script for all you know.

In any case, I can see why you don't post under your real name.  Simply embarrassing.

The $1997 was the cost for a FB ads training through CB's #1 super-affiliate, guy named Gerry Cramer... the guy seems legit

Art, you're getting scammed - http://internetprofituniversity.com/blog/spammer-gerry-cramer-at-eatworm-com/ - The guy is a fraud and spammer who goes from product to product making outrageous claims leaving a lot of people with poorer bank accounts.

Art, you're getting scammed - http://internetprofituniversity.com/blog/spammer-gerry-cramer-at-eatworm-com/ - The guy is a fraud and spammer who goes from product to product making outrageous claims leaving a lot of people with poorer bank accounts.

I think the guy mentioned he was going to sell the script we've been talking about for like 10k or something unreal.  We are not talking about anything that sophisticated.   I don't think Art was going to purchase it anyway.   

Funny, I posted about your similar posting styles to ole Mike but it kept editing out the name.   

Referencing files is not the same as calling javascript code.  I won't let you muddy the waters here and try to argue your way out of this.  You still wouldn't know what the javascript is doing.   It could be a lightbox script for all you know.

In any case, I can see why you don't post under your real name.  Simply embarrassing.

Granted you are technically right, but...

I don't know what your definition of a reference is (it does vary from language to language) but in JS, there is no interpretation of a "reference" that can be hidden. I am very thoroughly fluent on JS from writing my own scripts for Diablo 2 bots (google D2 etal or see my posts on d2jsp, I wrote my own JSP scripts to bot to 99, which was totally for fun...) but if you reference JS code and do not utilize it, the reference is just as easy to find as the call (also flow will never pass to the referenced code if you don't call it.) So... No...  There's no magic way around this...

Yeah it's not the same thing, but you're just as stupid for not investigating it. The program flow must be called in the HTML file and I will instantly rip all of that crap out if I'm swiping a landing page.

I'll post videos of the robot running my custom scripts for thousands of hours on live bnet servers if I must, to prove it to you. (Which wasn't hard to do, but the way I did it, I don't think was ever done before.)

I actually have 32 bots right now on East Ladder, all running 75% custom JSP code. Don't make me fire that up just so I can laugh at how much I destroy JS.

This thread is why people that know what they're doing go bald.

Bottom line is, a connection to the frickin code has to exist inside the HTML or it's dead code (useless, pointless, no go, up shit creek without a paddle, etc...).

Do not go anal retentive on the word connection.

Doubt it. I have his credit score and job history.

PS: acting like a jackass and using paypal is a bad idea.

Granted you are technically right, but...

I don't know what your definition of a reference is (it does vary from language to language) but in JS, there is no interpretation of a "reference" that can be hidden. I am very thoroughly fluent on JS from writing my own scripts for Diablo 2 bots (google D2 etal or see my posts on d2jsp, I wrote my own JSP scripts to bot to 99, which was totally for fun...) but if you reference JS code and do not utilize it, the reference is just as easy to find as the call (also flow will never pass to the referenced code if you don't call it.) So... No...  There's no magic way around this...

Yeah it's not the same thing, but you're just as stupid for not investigating it. The program flow must be called in the HTML file and I will instantly rip all of that crap out if I'm swiping a landing page.

I'll post videos of the robot running my custom scripts for thousands of hours on live bnet servers if I must, to prove it to you. (Which wasn't hard to do, but the way I did it, I don't think was ever done before.)

I actually have 32 bots right now on East Ladder, all running 75% custom JSP code. Don't make me fire that up just so I can laugh at how much I destroy JS.

Reference would be the script tag with the src url pointing to a separate javascript file.  That would be the only code needed for javascript to run.  Typically what is referred to as a call would be a function or method call depending on what language you use.  

That javascript file can be named anything including jquery.js.   Along with all the css files that may also be added from separate files.  Those references, to separate files, can stack up.

You being an expert in javascript understand how it works but many people would not.  That was the point and I believe it would be easy to miss something.  

I don't think people who rip off campaigns are the brightest bunch anyway.