http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/mike-pence-bigot-dannel-malloy-116550

Great, one of these "my religious beliefs are more important than you" people.

I really thought he was going to pick Newt Gingrich or somebody a little more well known and popular like Chris Christie.

Mike Pence seems much worse...

But are you really surprised that Trump picked the one that many people consider to be a bigot out of the three?

Grow your online visibility

My thought is that the other two, Gingrich and Christie, are two "Larger than life" guys, like Trump....and he isn't secure enough to have someone as the VP that will outshine him.  It's just a thought, and I could be completely wrong.

I thinking more a long the lines of: If America wants to win an Olympic Gold Medal in Basketball, we bring All Star Players.

Not somebody where the competition has already analyzed that player and identified their main weaknesses.

If Hillary Clinton picks a highly respected politician, that is say, a proponent of equality, these debates are going to be pretty intense and simultaneously awkward.

I'm not a fan of any of his final 3.

I was hoping for Ben Carson to actually be his vp. Would of been happy with Michael Flynn or maybe Jeff Sessions.

Picking Ben would have made sense to me. It would have been impossible for the Democratic party to play the racist bigot card, and now they've been green lighted to "spam" media that the majority will feel is highly offensive.

I'm thinking strategic play-making here and this seems like a really bad "chess move" on Trump's part.

Instead of shutting down the attack vector, he exposed it further.

I'm not a fan of any of his final 3.

I was hoping for Ben Carson to actually be his vp. Would of been happy with Michael Flynn or maybe Jeff Sessions.

I have nothing against Carson. But then you would have two men that has no political or government experience at all. 

If I want someone to pilot my plane, I'd like at least the co-pilot to a have a few miles in the air, behind the controls. Of course, it would be even nicer if the pilot had some flight experience as well. 

I have nothing against Carson. But then you would have two men that has no political or government experience at all.

If I want someone to pilot my plane, I'd like at least the co-pilot to a have a few miles in the air, behind the controls. Of course, it would be even nicer if the pilot had some flight experience as well.

True, I'm just ready to pass the ball off to some non politicians to see what they can do.

His pick totally surprised me too.

I wouldn't have minded Newt, but would have preferred Ben.

I'm thinking because Mike Pence is less known and appears to be more mild mannered, he'd stay in the background giving advice coming from his political experience.  But Ben was mild mannered too, so I just don't get it. 

Aw geez!  I may have to research Paul Mitchel a little more deeply.

At least if I vote for him, whether Hillary or Donald get elected and our country is turned upside down, ridiculed or hated by other nations, I'd be able to proudly say I had nothing to do with it as I didn't vote for them.  :D

Terra

II was hoping for Ben Carson to actually be his vp. Would of been happy with Michael Flynn or maybe Jeff Sessions.

Ben Carson isn't qualified to serve as dog catcher.

Brilliant surgeon. Other than that, a Bible thumping douche bag.

Frank

Ben Carson isn't qualified to serve as dog catcher.

Brilliant surgeon. Other than that, a Bible thumping douche bag.

Frank

Geez, Frank.  Quit holding back and tell us how you really feel.  :rolleyes:

Terra

Geez, Frank.  Quit holding back and tell us how you really feel.  :rolleyes:

Terra

I never hold back and I always tell you how I feel, whether anyone agrees with me or not. I don't view my participation in any online forums as a popularity contest.  :-)

Frank

I never hold back and I always tell you how I feel, whether anyone agrees with me or not. I don't view my participation in any online forums as a popularity contest.  :-)

Frank

I never said I was holding one.

Popularity contest that is, lest somebody decides to misinterpret my sentence into a more risque subject, lol. 

Terra

True, I'm just ready to pass the ball off to some non politicians to see what they can do.

I get it. Would you ever say, "I don't want to hire a licensed pilot. I'd like to see what a pilot with no training or flight time would do"?

I'm not an expert, but I suspect that there is an actual job to being President. I mean, with real responsibilities....that affect people's lives. A governor would have much of that experience, maybe even a senator, or an attorney general.....

or God forbid, a secretary of state. There were several Republican candidates that would have done a credible job.  I might hire an inexperienced guy to wash my car, "Just to see what he can do".

But President Of The United States seems like it might be a serious job.  

How is it possible that in 2017 we can have a VP candidate that won't clearly state whether or not he believes in evolution?

Who would vote for a man that doesn't believe in evolution? Who, in their right mind?

Frank

How is it possible that in 2017 we can have a VP candidate that won't clearly state whether or not he believes in evolution?

Who would vote for a man that doesn't believe in evolution? Who, in their right mind?

Frank

Whoa Bro. You're tramping on my constitutional rights by using the word "evolution" in a sentence without "Mitsubishi" in it.

All hail the Evo.

He has to be that way. If he says that he believes in evolution, he loses the Christian vote. If he says he doesn't, he loses the rational thinker vote. So...he has to be on the line, so both groups can pretend he's on their side. Jon Huntsman was Governor of Utah, Ambassador to China, Ambassador to Singapore.. He said that he believed in evolution, and said (during a 2012 debate) "I believe in science"....and he said he was willing to work with President Obama.

That killed any chances of him getting the nomination. Too bad, he was brilliant in the early debates. 

When nominees pretend to be ignorant of what most learned in elementary school science, the rest of the world laughs.

I get it. Would you ever say, "I don't want to hire a licensed pilot. I'd like to see what a pilot with no training or flight time would do"?

I'm not an expert, but I suspect that there is an actual job to being President. I mean, with real responsibilities....that affect people's lives. A governor would have much of that experience, maybe even a senator, or an attorney general.....

or God forbid, a secretary of state. There were several Republican candidates that would have done a credible job. I might hire an inexperienced guy to wash my car, "Just to see what he can do".

But President Of The United States seems like it might be a serious job.

I would say running a country straddles more of a having common sense and understanding what's best for the people more so than being qualified in specific area.

Sure a pilot can fly the heck out of a plane but that's all they're gonna be able to do.

I would say running a country straddles more of a having common sense and understanding what's best for the people more so than being qualified in specific area.

Sure a pilot can fly the heck out of a plane but that's all they're gonna be able to do.

Any area. I'd be happy if he was qualified in any area. Anything even remotely akin to governing the most powerful nation on the planet.

But...what's the worst that can happen?  There is no real skill involved in governing the most powerful nation on the planet. The stakes aren't that high....I'm sure "common sense" will be enough (The words Common Sense and Trump match up perfectly).... I'm sure it will all turn out OK.