FB for business

ShayB

I am not a big fan of FB. At all.

I am planning on deleting the account I have and creating a new one that is strictly for (a few) friends and family so that they can keep in touch when we move.

How do you handle "I found you on FB and sent a friend request" from people who only know you via your products or the WF?

Do you have a Page for them to like and then your account is only for friends and family?

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I am no FB expert...actually don't even like using it unless my kids or someone I know specifically im's me.

What I would do is create a 'fan page' for your business. The people would still find your personal info, but having the fan page for business allows you to communicate with anyone who likes yohr page.

If I am not mistaken, your personal FB profile only allows up to 500 friends (as if many of us actually have 500 real friends) but, by creating a business page (a.k.a. fan page) you only need a visitor to 'like' your content 1 time to show up on their thread listings.

In short, you can get unlimited 'likes' to a business or fan page that allows you to communicate with people interested in your offerings.

I am not sure about this or not, but you may be able to hide your personal FB profile (requiring your approval for people to access it) and still keep your business page(s) public to let anyone and everyone access your offerings.

Being my personal FB is current set as public...IDK for sure if you make your personal profile private (not public) but keep your business (fan) pages public... This could be a valid solution.

Also, you can add call to action buttons to your fan pages like an optin form (there's videos on YouTube for setting this up) and you can link out to your landing pages, squeeze pages, or any site you choose.

I haven't used FB with any real intent yet, but there is some great potential in creating and promoting your fan pages. In fact, they keep showing me what my ads would look like if I chose to'boost' exposure to my fan page. Plus, they have insights and some analytics built in that could benefit for business related content and offerings.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't use my personal FB account. I just find it to be insanely distracting.

Since I'm switching to businesses that are completely 100% legit and not grey area affiliate stuff, I'll probably actually log in and setup pages for my company and brand(s).

That stuff doesn't matter to affiliate/CPA companies.

Which is probably a good thing I don't really use it, I don't have a bunch of BS stuff on there. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a friend, who actually got me into this SEO/SEM business, killing it right now with his FB business page.

He set up a campaign with 1) a free e-book and two separate trip wire offers. 

The first tripwire is a short video course directly related to his SHORT e-book priced @$10

If they don't bite @ $10 the get a second tripwire offer @$5 in exchange for a face book like.

The two offers combined are netting him an 85% return on his ad spend. This has been a two week test and he just keeps dumping his return back into his ad budget.

I don't have any #'s on his main sales funnel. But thats as close to turning $1 into $2 as I have heard. I would be happy doing that all day long!

I am not a big fan of FB. At all.

I am planning on deleting the account I have and creating a new one that is strictly for (a few) friends and family so that they can keep in touch when we move.

How do you handle "I found you on FB and sent a friend request" from people who only know you via your products or the WF?

Do you have a Page for them to like and then your account is only for friends and family?

FB, is a ditchfunctional mess, l just throw images at it, and hope for the best.

FB is like Twitter, l just ignore the BS, and post my stuff.

Although social media for the most part is a waste of time, unless you post crap on a daily bases.

B)

FB, is a ditchfunctional mess, l just throw images at it, and hope for the best.

FB is like Twitter, l just ignore the BS, and post my stuff.

Although social media for the most part is a waste of time, unless you post crap on a daily bases.

B)

Tagi,

I have no idea what niche/ business you are using Facebook for, I have found that just posting stuff and hoping for the best does not work.

You need to have a proper sales funnel in place and run some ads.

I just ran a test this weekend on my first niche that I have not touched in three years.

I set a limit of $10 over a 48 hr period. Targeted at women 24 -64 in USA, CAN, AUS,  and the UK. With one interest which was as niched down as I could get it. The info I gained  from this $10 test was valuable.

I had a CTR of 3.3 % which isn't great but OK with me. I had 27 Unique clicks with 13 of them opting in on the offer.

We will see what the result of this experiment is terms of actual sales conversions. But the optin rate so far is more than I expected.

That said, I have a FB page for this niche with three thousand followers. Each post I make usually reaches more than 1k. If I post an affiliate link in any of them, the reach is horrid, usually under 100 people. It never gets shared or liked. 

Hope this helps a little.

Don

• 2 years later...

Facebook is an incredibly powerful marketing tool.

If you use this platform with strategical manner, then you can able to gain better conversion and get a greater audience reach.

Best tips to use Facebook for Business are as follows:

1. Create a business Page, not a personal profile.
  2. Claim your Page's vanity URL.
  3. Add a great cover photo.
  4. Add a recognizable profile picture.
  5. Optimize your "About" section -- especially the preview.
  6. Earn the "Very responsive to messages" badge.
  7. Add milestones.
  8. Choose a call-to-action button.
  9. Create a business Page, not a personal profile.
  10. Create custom page tabs.
  11. Prioritize quality over quantity.
  12. Post at the best times for your audience.
  13. Post your best blog content.
  14. Make sure your blog posts' meta descriptions are complete.
  15. Remove links from your post copy.
  16. Post your most compelling visual content.
  17. Make sure your images are properly formatted.
  18. Post videos, especially live videos.
  19. Use Facebook Insights.
  20. Schedule posts in advance.
  21. Add Facebook social media buttons to your blog and website.
  22. Subscribe to Facebook's Official Blog for future announcements from Facebook.
  23. Choose the right advertising tool.
  24. Use Audience Insights to learn about your audience.
  25. Test multiple versions of a single ad.

• 4 months later...

Facebook is one of the finest platforms for marketing
If you want to promote your business in the best way on the Facebook platform, then you should follow these tips.

• Post your content regularly.
  • Post your content with the schedule.
  • Optimize your profile page.
  • Establish a community page.
  • Create a Facebook group.
  • Be strategic about your group name.
  • Keep adding to your Facebook story.
  • Don’t obsess over vanity metrics.
  • Use Facebook for customer service.
  • Post with a (small) budget.
  • Narrow your audience.
  • Consider boosted posts.
  • Use boosted posts to optimize ads.
  • Learn how to use Facebook’s Power Editor tool.
  • Use Facebook’s product catalog ads.
  • Structure your pixel strategically. 
  • Test different bidding strategies.
  • Don’t forget to test ad placements.
  • Capitalize on link retargeting.

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 8:58 AM, Krisvertelo said:

On my point of view, FB business and personal account must be separated for privacy and safety purposes. So I have 2 FB accounts, one for business acquaintances and one for those who are important people in my life

That's what Facebook pages are for. No need to have two accounts if you use a page correctly.

• 1 month later...