godaddy coincidence or ?

so the other day (like wednesday or thursday) my buddy tells me he bought a .us domain of his name (joesmith.us for example). we were chatting about it using google hangouts.

on google, i happen to use a made up name thats not even close to my real name.

today i get an email from godaddy saying mjones.us is available. lets say my name is mike jones. my email address for work is mjones@

i do have a godaddy account using my full real name (obv), they dont know my work email, and they didnt send me a mikejones.us suggestion, they sent me a mjones suggestion. mikejones.us is available, why not send me that suggestion?

so how did they come up with mjones?

just a huge coincidence or ?

also, i wish we had a chat forum for stuff like this. this was the best place i could think of to put this. 

Grow your online visibility

so the other day (like wednesday or thursday) my buddy tells me he bought a .us domain of his name (joesmith.us for example). we were chatting about it using google hangouts.

on google, i happen to use a made up name thats not even close to my real name.

today i get an email from godaddy saying mjones.us is available. lets say my name is mike jones. my email address for work is mjones@

i do have a godaddy account using my full real name (obv), they dont know my work email, and they didnt send me a mikejones.us suggestion, they sent me a mjones suggestion. mikejones.us is available, why not send me that suggestion?

so how did they come up with mjones?

just a huge coincidence or ?

also, i wish we had a chat forum for stuff like this. this was the best place i could think of to put this. 

They do that stuff to me all the time.

They do that stuff to me all the time.

this was the first time i got something like this from them, and it was weird that we were just talking about .us and especially that they suggested it as a vanity domain. just seemed like somehow they knew i was talking about it

this was the first time i got something like this from them, and it was weird that we were just talking about .us and especially that they suggested it as a vanity domain. just seemed like somehow they knew i was talking about it

If you mentioned the name/domain on Google Hangouts odds are the transcript/text/keywords is being sold to advertisers just like Gmail/Ads.

We already know Google can automatically create transcripts/text from video/audio, they've been doing it for years on Youtube.

I bet If you read the fine print on Google Hangouts TOS they mention retargeting ads, etc... maybe not use those exact words, most likely legal jargon. Still, I bet it's buried on their site somewhere.

Bottom line, anything you do or say on any Google product is up for sale to the highest bidder.

If you mentioned the name/domain on Google Hangouts odds are the transcript/text/keywords is being sold to advertisers just like Gmail/Ads.

We already know Google can automatically create transcripts/text from video/audio, they've been doing it for years on Youtube.

I bet If you read the fine print on Google Hangouts TOS they mention retargeting ads, etc... maybe not use those exact words, most likely legal jargon. Still, I bet it's buried on their site somewhere.

Bottom line, anything you do or say on any Google product is up for sale to the highest bidder.

this was my suspicion as chrome is the common link

weird i havent gotten any marketing material for hookers and blow yet

It's most likely a tracking pixel, just so you know.

So most likely, there's a cookie that got set when you logged in to your Godaddy account and any other site that can read that cookie will tie the cookie ID codes together.

It could be through the ad exchange as well. You can just buy data through some data providers, you don't necessarily need to buy ads.

Either way, that is basically how they tied your account to your social profile. There's services that will let you buy FB ads for specific people, I'm assuming it works in a similar manner. So if you had a list of say Plastic Surgeons, you can target those specific people with ads for say your a course that teaches your new plastic surgery procedure. So whether they've filled out their FB profile to indicate that they are a plastic surgeon or not, you can specifically target them.

This is why I use a ski mask when I do SEO (I use a VPN and pick a random IP/Location and use a private browsing window. I do not literally sit in front of my computer wearing a ski mask.)

I personally do almost everything in Virtual Box Virtual Machines, this is both organizational and a way to be on multiple IPs at the same time.

So if I'm working on one site, I can just minimize the "whole computer" and switch over to another site.

In regards to this subject, if you've ever read people suggesting you need to change your mac address, those people are dumb. Unless the client you are using transmits your mac address (Warning: The Google Adwords Planner Tool does to help prevent fraud, talking about the stand-alone tool you download, not using the Adwords planner in a browser window) you don't need to worry about that.

I realize this is pretty far off topic but I'd like to mention it anyways. Do not buy traffic from people who claim to have some kind of deal with Google to get adwords traffic at a discount, I used to regularly chat with somebody from a different forum who was doing this for their vitamin/supplement ecommerce store. Yeah, they're out of business now, they lost about 300k and had to spend 90 days in jail. The " traffic broker " disappeared around that time period, but he has no idea what happened to them.