UnRoll.me

Free service that someone just introduced me to.

It will help you to find all your email subscriptions and unsubscribe from them. You can also choose ones you want to keep, but have them rolled into one daily email.

It won't work if you have an email tied to your own domain. Only works with the major providers, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

I'm going through a couple of accounts and getting rid of the trash.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I just wish it worked for email addresses tied to your own domains, it is nice for cleaning up Gmail though. I actually have zero emails in my inbox right now. I don't think that has happened since the day I opened the account.

At the moment, I have mostly all Gmail accounts. Eventually, I'll clean up my act and start using domain based emails, (even when I do use a domain email... I usually forward them to a Gmail account.)

All I use my gmail for is this type of thing.  My domain email is pretty well spam free and I don't subscribe to a lot of newsletters or such things. The few I keep are well manageable without apps.  It still floors me how many spam emails I get in my gmail that I have to unsubscribe from when I never subscribed in the first place.  Not sure what they think they're going to do for themselves using desperate, tacky sales techniques. 

I've used the same Gmail account since they first offered the service, forwarding all my domain email to it so I can answer from one place. While the account does get spam, it almost always gets filtered properly - I rarely see spam in my inbox. I hardly ever subscribe to anything and while I do use it to sign up for legitimate services (like this forum), I don't get much email from them anyways. 

Over the years I've learned to set up rules in Gmail to make sure that email from trusted domains and folks I want email from are never marked as spam (Gmail's filters can be pretty aggressive).  

Anyways, I was going to sign up to check it out, but when I saw the permissions unroll.me requested, I hesitated. I did a whois lookup to see who owned the service - it turned out to be a private registration, so I bailed to research them a bit more. Although their legal terms indicate they're in NYC, I wasn't able to find an address or contact info on the site (and I could have missed it). I finally found it through Bloomberg's site (based on a Google search). I only found a couple of complaints about them (from IM'ers of course), but nothing to indicate it's a bad or unreliable service. 

Sidebar: This is one of those things that irritate the hell out me - why do legitimate businesses go out of their way to hide their physical location from their users? How about a little transparency here folks? LOL

I'm overly cautious about my Gmail account (I even use 2-Step Authentication on it), because I use it for both personal and business email. Clients routinely send me login credentials for servers, websites, etc., not to mention for my own server and various password resets from the services I belong to that would compromise not only myself, but others as well. I also have the private email addresses of a number of well-known people who wouldn't want that information shared with others. 

That said, just my two cents, but if you exclusively use Gmail as a "Throwaway" type of account for subscribing, then unroll.me is probably a great way to manage it - I see a lot of potential in it for marketers.

However, for folks who use Gmail like I do, I'd recommend against using the service. I am NOT suggesting they would knowingly do something inappropriate, but let's face it, you are giving over a lot of access to them and explicitly trusting them with personal, confidential data. 

I've used the same Gmail account since they first offered the service, forwarding all my domain email to it so I can answer from one place. While the account does get spam, it almost always gets filtered properly - I rarely see spam in my inbox. I hardly ever subscribe to anything and while I do use it to sign up for legitimate services (like this forum), I don't get much email from them anyways. 

Over the years I've learned to set up rules in Gmail to make sure that email from trusted domains and folks I want email from are never marked as spam (Gmail's filters can be pretty aggressive).  

Anyways, I was going to sign up to check it out, but when I saw the permissions unroll.me requested, I hesitated. I did a whois lookup to see who owned the service - it turned out to be a private registration, so I bailed to research them a bit more. Although their legal terms indicate they're in NYC, I wasn't able to find an address or contact info on the site (and I could have missed it). I finally found it through Bloomberg's site (based on a Google search). I only found a couple of complaints about them (from IM'ers of course), but nothing to indicate it's a bad or unreliable service. 

Sidebar: This is one of those things that irritate the hell out me - why do legitimate businesses go out of their way to hide their physical location from their users? How about a little transparency here folks? LOL

I'm overly cautious about my Gmail account (I even use 2-Step Authentication on it), because I use it for both personal and business email. Clients routinely send me login credentials for servers, websites, etc., not to mention for my own server and various password resets from the services I belong to that would compromise not only myself, but others as well. I also have the private email addresses of a number of well-known people who wouldn't want that information shared with others. 

That said, just my two cents, but if you exclusively use Gmail as a "Throwaway" type of account for subscribing, then unroll.me is probably a great way to manage it - I see a lot of potential in it for marketers.

However, for folks who use Gmail like I do, I'd recommend against using the service. I am NOT suggesting they would knowingly do something inappropriate, but let's face it, you are giving over a lot of access to them and explicitly trusting them with personal, confidential data. 

That is certainly a concern.

One thing of note, you can also unenroll (no pun intended there) from the service. 

If you have a particularly nasty Gmail or Yahoo email account from years of subscribing to everything and anything, you could use this service to help clean it up and unsubscribe from a lot of lists. Then dump the service afterwards. 

I wouldn't use any service like this for my main business account, but I also tend to keep that account pretty well safeguarded and do not subscribe to much of anything on it.