Political Discussions Are No Longer Allowed

Ashley

Up until this point, political discussions have been tolerated on this forum. However, they have grown out of hand. I just received a message from Mike that we will be no longer allowing political discussions here.

I will be updating the rules today and working on closing some threads as I find them. 

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Ash

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Up until this point, political discussions have been tolerated on this forum. However, they have grown out of hand. I just received a message from Mike that we will be no longer allowing political discussions here.

I will be updating the rules today and working on closing some threads as I find them. 

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Ash

What a shame,  I wonder how its gotten out of hand?

I have shutdown a few of the bigger threads. I really do not feel like going through every single post in the OT area to identify political posts. Please don't inundate me with reports that I missed this one or that one. For the most part, we are just going to leave up what is up and enforce the rule going forward.

What a shame,  I wonder how its gotten out of hand?

Simple. Just look at the Donald Trump thread for example. It's just one side ranting against the other side. It's no longer a discussion. It is just people posting whatever nonsense they can find on the internet. And most of it is from people who never participate anywhere else on the forum, so accommodating them is something I just have no interest in.

There is just no benefit to allowing those kind of conversations any longer.

We may relook at this decision in the future, but certainly not until after the election. There have just been far too many complaints about the threads.

• 3 years later...

With everything going on in the world, I decided it might be a good idea to lift this rule.

We will see how it goes.

I ask that everyone keep the discussions civil, stay on point, and refrain from any kind of personal attacks. 

If you post articles, please do your best to fact check them beforehand and use reliable sources. No InfoWars type garbage.