David Beroff

Anyone else missing email notifications?

I just noticed that I wasn't getting all of the expected email notifications over the last few days, such as from the Warrior Forum thread in the Bar.  Yes, I just double-checked my Spam folder, etc., etc.  Please let me know if you would like a hand with things like SPF and the like.  I've had quite a bit of success with https://www.mail-tester.com/ , if that helps.

SEMrush

i have had plenty of popups and emails from the WF, mainly concerning a video that will remain nameless, and hypothetical individuals who have a dodgy track record, attracting hypothetical bugs to the hypothetical flame. :P

Groan. B)

I posted this in the Spartan Help forum, Tag, regarding emails from the Spartan site.

LOL...

I don't get a lot of them, but do see them now and again...I did get one last night regarding a PM. 

I'm talking right now with IP Board about upgrading to version 4.0 of IP Board. We are currently on 3.xx. 

I'm going to let them handle the upgrade. The forum upgrade is not that hard, but I want to make sure the payment processing module doesn't get screwed up, so I'm going to let them handle it.

After that, we'll see what happens with the email notifications and if there continues to be an issue.

Nothing wrong with upgrading software, but email delivery issues typically occur upstream.  That's why I had mentioned SPF, DKIM, etc., so as to encourage external parties to better prioritize your outbound mail.

Side note: I had tried to demonstrate to one particularly clueless client that their outbound mail was scoring 0.5 out of 10 (!) from the above-mentioned Mail-Tester.com.  They insisted that they never had a problem, and that if recipients ever had trouble reading a PDF attachment, they would simply call to get a fax instead.  My response (about them never getting the email in the first place) of course fell on deaf ears.  The stupid, sometimes, it burns.

Seems to be working normally for me (as was before) - getting appropriate notifications regarding PM's, threads, etc.