Upload audio from iPad Mini to iCloud.com?

David Beroff

Right now, I'm able to take pictures (or video) on an iPad Mini, and, (given sufficient wifi), they just automatically upload to https://www.icloud.com/#photos .

I would like to be able to record a few seconds or minutes of audio, (just my verbal notes, nothing high quality), and have something very similar occur.  I want to be able to (securely) access the notes from a regular web browser on my PC or elsewhere, and not have to install iCloud on my PC, or "upgrade my account to iCloud Drive", or anything else.

At this point, I'm almost tempted to just shoot videos of my foot while I speak, since that would also automatically upload my verbal notes, albeit wasting much bandwidth and diskspace in the process.

Am I missing something basic?  Help, please.  Thanks!

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

Sorry for the delay.  I've been traveling on business for far more than I would prefer lately.

On 12/6/2016 at 11:01 PM, Lanfear63 said:

Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about this. :unsure:

https://www.lifewire.com/icloud-share-store-video-1081860

Something I found fumbling around.

Thank you, but video is the part that is already working for me.

On 12/6/2016 at 11:11 PM, perryny said:

Why not just use an app like Evernote?

Ah!!  Thank you!!  (Why didn't I think of Evernote!?)  That will probably do it for me.  The only issue I can think of is the security side; I would want to be able to permit specific others (e.g., assistant) to listen to this particular stream on-the-fly without giving them access to my entire Evernote data-set, but I suppose I could simply set up a separate Evernote account (and email address) just for this one project.  Overkill, but it'd work.

I had been trying to use AudioMemos, but between multiple upsells and confusing documentation (on functions that should be trivial), it had been an uphill battle.  (e.g., Would it have been so hard to simply gray out disabled functionalities, so one could know that they are possible, should one choose to buy them!?)

Is that your Award Winning foot?

No.  These are said feet:

130848_original.jpg
This is Hamilton Creek in Berkeley, CA. Like several of the creeks which run perpendicular to the Hayward Fault there, as the two sides of the fault shifted relative to each other over time, the creek path started to follow the fault until it "caught up" with its original path on the other side. So if there are 50 meters between the two right-angle "corners" of the creek path, one can determine that it was very roughly 50 centuries since the creek ran straight at that point.

Put a different way, you are looking at a picture where my two feet are being mercilessly pulled apart at the blistering rate of a meter per century, or 1cm/year. :-)

Please ignore these empty artifacts; I can't seem to delete them. :-(

2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Dave, you could set up a shared drop box folder, if you're looking for security. 

Yeah, if I knew how. :-(  I don't even know where to find the iPad's basic file system. {sigh}

Also, your feet are just adorable.  Was that picture taken when you were 12? 

That was in 2012, so I was 47.

27 minutes ago, David Beroff said:

Yeah, if I knew how. :-(  I don't even know where to find the iPad's basic file system. {sigh}

I would think that you could just set your default save folder to your dropbox folder and away you go. But I may not be understanding exactly what you want. 

Anhyhoo, just in case, here's a tutorial on how to use Dropbox on an iPad:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Dropbox-on-iPad

2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Sorry, replied to a Riffle post, unable to get rid of them.

So David, you frequent the long term, how to do the splits training area. Good to see you trim those toenails at least once a year. I generally go for two, it's then that I have to buy new bed-sheets. ;)

Dave, I just stumbled on an iPhone app that might solve your problem, but I'm not 100% certain about the "access the notes from a regular web browser" part. I'm not in the Apple ecosystem, so I don't know if that's how iCloud works. BUT it looks like a cool app that might help you out. It auto syncs with iCloud, can transcribe your recordings, and is fully searchable. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/just-press-record/id1033342465?mt=8