Woman who calld Michelle Obama a "Ape in Heels" gets her job back

discrat

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

Wow! I must have my head in the sand because I never even heard about the woman who said that. :blush:

Then again, it's the Christmas season and I usually don't have time to watch much news. There's still presents yet to buy, gifts to wrap, getting the house ready for out of town guests, etc.

Yep, I'm not done with my shopping. Hubby likes to wait until the last minute to shop. I guess it's more like a challenge then, rather than just "shopping". Haha!

Terra

But more proof that in a 'political' job - even an Official on a local level - most workers don't get fired.

Remember the guy in the Vegas bathtub with champagne in the scale about wasted taxpayer funds on fancy meetings of govt officials? He wasn't fired.

When people post things like that it shines the spotlight on them in a negative way - no one believes them as you can clearly see Michelle O is a beautiful woman.  The only thing accomplished was the "official" labeled herself as racist with her own words.

Some of the things posted online this year have been outrageous and so low class you have to wonder how stupid these people are.  Rosie O'Donnell, in her long running feud with Trump, posted that Trump's 10 yr old son "appears autistic".   That's so low and this stuff just keeps coming from both sides.  Personally, I think the best response is not to re-tweet them or point to them or do anything except to say "unacceptable".

Is there any more room on that stretch of sand?  I need a place to put my head.

56 minutes ago, kay king said:

Some of the things posted online this year have been outrageous and so low class you have to wonder how stupid these people are. 

I think I wouldn't hire her back for that EXACT reason. A complete and utter lack of competent Decision Making. Who in their right mind would post that and not think there are consequences ?? As a boss, I would think of all the potential problems she would bring with her questionable decision making

I don't know if my post was deleted or if my connection cut and it didn't get posted. 

The woman should get her job back.  That's her opinion of "Michelle". We can't viably legislate opinions without being considered a Tyrannical dictatorship.   I happen to be of the same opinion.  I think she's got the worst fashion taste I've ever seen. I've seen her look elegant once or twice but most of the time I think she looks like a Salvation Army exploded on her. If she had any fashion sense whatsoever she'd have fired a few of those designers a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, HeySal said:

I don't know if my post was deleted or if my connection cut and it didn't get posted. 

The woman should get her job back.  That's her opinion of "Michelle". We can't viably legislate opinions without being considered a Tyrannical dictatorship.   I happen to be of the same opinion.  I think she's got the worst fashion taste I've ever seen. I've seen her look elegant once or twice but most of the time I think she looks like a Salvation Army exploded on her. If she had any fashion sense whatsoever she'd have fired a few of those designers a long time ago. 

Good lord, Sal. Her opinion ?? Someone representing their Community and using an obvious racial Slur ( and it was soo intended to be a racial slur , trust me) Okay that's a wrap for this Thread ;) 

Steve "Seasoned"  has entered the building  lol

1 hour ago, HeySal said:

7 minutes ago, discrat said:

Good lord, Sal. Her opinion ?? Someone representing their Community and using an obvious racial Slur ( and it was soo intended to be a racial slur , trust me) Okay that's a wrap for this Thread ;) 

Totally agree. What that woman spewed out had nothing to do with the First Lady's fashion sense. It was 100% racist garbage.

1 hour ago, discrat said:

1 hour ago, Mike Friedman said:

Totally agree. What that woman spewed out had nothing to do with the First Lady's fashion sense. It was 100% racist garbage.

Calling someone a monkey is racial?  Do you realize that if someone thinks that calling someone a monkey is a racial statement -- they must be really racist to equate monkeys and blacks specifically.  I called Bush a chimp. Is that racist, too? Why didn't any rant about racism when I called him a Chimp? 

Get a grip. The racist card is dead.  I find calling Michelle a gorilla an insult to gorillas. 

9 hours ago, HeySal said:

Calling someone a monkey is racial?  Do you realize that if someone thinks that calling someone a monkey is a racial statement -- they must be really racist to equate monkeys and blacks specifically.  I called Bush a chimp. Is that racist, too? Why didn't any rant about racism when I called him a Chimp? 

Get a grip. The racist card is dead.  I find calling Michelle a gorilla an insult to gorillas. 

Sal,

Where have you been? No, calling someone of light skin a monkey isn't racial (like Bush), however, calling someone of African descent a monkey is!

Back in the 1920's, 1930's and 40's unfortunately, in our country, the black race was depicted to be lazy monkeys. They were referred to as "porch monkeys" and if you don't want to take my word for it, here are a couple of examples for you.

And yes, they have been banned due to racism...

I am sooo glad we, as a country, have progressed and moved past this!

Well, except for some leftover racist idiots.

Terra

At some point, I think society needs to decide just how far people can go with their "opinions"....when those opinions are spread through social media.

I know two people who lost $70k a year jobs because they posted about customers of the business on their Facebook accts.  I know a man who posted what his company considered "inside information" on his FB page and lost a 6 figure job.  His excuse was "the public has the right to know - and I have the right of free speech". He lost.

When the man Obama appointed to "clean up" the VA system ran into problems, it was because he couldn't FIRE those govt workers.  The people who refused appointments, who put vets off until some of them died, who spent money on junkets and videos and parties instead of on veterans - were protected by the public unions.  In the private sector, businesses aren't run like that.

Any level of public official has an obligation, in my opinion, to be held to a certain level of responsible and civil behavior. But, silly me, I think those using social media should have limits to the rhetoric they spout - and that concept is heresy, isn't it?

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Sal,

Where have you been? No, calling someone of light skin a monkey isn't racial (like Bush), however, calling someone of African descent a monkey is!

Back in the 1920's, 1930's and 40's unfortunately, in our country, the black race was depicted to be lazy monkeys. They were referred to as "porch monkeys" and if you don't want to take my word for it, here are a couple of examples for you.

And yes, they have been banned due to racism...

I am sooo glad we, as a country, have progressed and moved past this!

Well, except for some leftover racist idiots.

Terra

How has anyone moved past it If it's still being talked about? This is a forum thread in 2016.

You posted racist cartoons and flame racist.

42 minutes ago, yukon said:

How has anyone moved past it If it's still being talked about? This is a forum thread in 2016.

I did say "Well, except for some leftover racist idiots."

42 minutes ago, yukon said:

You posted racist cartoons and flame racist.

If by "flame racist" you mean that I look like a racist, then you need to think and ask yourself why anyone would call themselves a racist idiot. ;)

As far as posting those videos, I obviously used them to make a case. What I stated in my post happened and is a part of American history. You can't just sweep it under the rug like people want to do with the Holocaust. Denying it doesn't make it go away. I found those videos to be an awesome tool to demonstrate what a bunch of ignorant racist idiots our country had in the past. Hypocrites even because they wouldn't even have been here at all if not for our people capturing them and bringing them here to our country to be enslaved.

It causes a righteous indignation to rise up in me and if you find fault in that, then I guess you are just a fault finder. Perhaps you missed your calling and should have gone into quality control. They are trained to find fault in any and everything.:lol:

Terra

17 minutes ago, Terra said:

I did say "Well, except for some leftover racist idiots."

If by "flame racist" you mean that I look like a racist, then you need to think and ask yourself why anyone would call themselves a racist idiot. ;)

As far as posting those videos, I obviously used them to make a case. What I stated in my post happened and is a part of American history. You can't just sweep it under the rug like people want to do with the Holocaust. Denying it doesn't make it go away. I found those videos to be an awesome tool to demonstrate what a bunch of ignorant racist idiots our country had in the past. Hypocrites even because they wouldn't even have been here at all if not for our people capturing them and bringing them here to our country to be enslaved.

It causes a righteous indignation to rise up in me and if you find fault in that, then I guess you are just a fault finder. Perhaps you missed your calling and should have gone into quality control. They are trained to find fault in any and everything.

Terra

You posted unnecessary racist videos.

That's either racist or internalized racism which is even worse.

12 minutes ago, yukon said:

You posted unnecessary racist videos.

That's either racist or internalized racism which is even worse.

According to Wikipedia as well as some dictionaries, Internalized racism is loosely defined as the internalization by people of racist attitudes towards members of their own ethnic group, including themselves. This can include the belief in ethnic stereotypes relating to their own group.

Last time I looked in the mirror, my skin was light. Although, according to my DNA results, I am 1% African, but you had no way of knowing that.

Look I have Jewish blood and had family members die in the Holocaust, but I don't hate the movie "Schindler's List."

I guess it comes down to whether one wants to take offense at something or not. Being offended is a choice and I choose not to be offended by derogatory statements regarding "Jews", my faith, or Native Americans being called savages or the fact that although "rape" was illegal no white man was ever prosecuted for raping a Native American woman as it was given a blind eye.

If you want to be offended, do so, nothing happens to you. I choose not to be offended by those things and nothing happens to me either. So we're even. ;)

Terra

• Ashley locked this topic