PFC Big Frank - Fifty Years Ago.

The AMOL

Was digging around in some old boxes last week and found this photo which was taken while serving in Germany That was 50 years ago. Seems like yesterday. I was 18 and you can still see my acne.

Please observe the line of the uniform running from the top button to the bottom of my crotch. That, my friends, is how it's done, when you take pride in the uniform. Additionally, the starch in that uniform made it like plywood. I was rewarded for the way I wore my uniform by getting out of guard duty, almost always.

I didn't like the Army all that much, but I took great pride and loved being a soldier.

Frank

P.S. The reflection from that belt buckle would give you 3rd degree burns. lol

frank_pfc_sw_2_zpsxuevjykl.jpg

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes
55 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Frank; Thanks for sharing that. I feel sorry for the handsome young man, whose photo you obviously stole. 

What were you like back then? Have you changed over the years? attitude, perceptions, temperament? 

I'll need to ponder that overnight in order to give you an honest opinion on those traits.

Frank

10 hours ago, The AMOL said:

Please observe the line of the uniform running from the top button to the bottom of my crotch. That, my friends, is how it's done, when you take pride in the uniform. Additionally, the starch in that uniform made it like plywood. I was rewarded for the way I wore my uniform by getting out of guard duty, almost always.

That is so cool.

Gotta figure also that ifya proud stance was compromised by ... uhm ... handcuffs ... I would want 'em to be gleamin' like sum emperor's crown.

At risk of drawin' out the very worst knob joke chortles, gotta askya — what is that long pointy thing in the background?

12 hours ago, The AMOL said:

Was digging around in some old boxes last week and found this photo which was taken while serving in Germany That was 50 years ago. Seems like yesterday. I was 18 and you can still see my acne.

I didn't like the Army all that much, but I took great pride and loved being a soldier.

Frank

P.S. The reflection from that belt buckle would give you 3rd degree burns. lol

frank_pfc_sw_2_zpsxuevjykl.jpg

Sorry Frank some photos are beyond repair!

:P

15 hours ago, The AMOL said:

LOL - in the Navy that was called a "gig line". 

50 years huh? Well, you're older than I thought :o

Thank you for your service Frank. Truly.

2 hours ago, mikeambrosio said:

LOL - in the Navy that was called a "gig line". 

50 years huh? Well, you're older than I thought :o

Thank you for your service Frank. Truly.

I have thanked Frank for his service many times. This is before I found out that he was in the military.

Frank served in the Army, but so far, he never said for which country. If you look really closely, you can see the spires of the Kremlin in the far background.

11 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I have thanked Frank for his service many times. This is before I found out that he was in the military.

Frank served in the Army, but so far, he never said for which country. If you look really closely, you can see the spires of the Kremlin in the far background.

In those days he was know as Big Red Frank

53 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I think it's why they called the years before you were born, The Golden Age.

(obvious joke, wonder if you'll see it)

I don't get the joke, but you just reminded me of an awesome song that I haven't heard in years...

Terra