Matt Cutts made his leave from Google permanent

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes
7 minutes ago, Terra said:

Mike,

What kind of effect do you think this will have on Google, if any, now that Matt is out of the picture?

I wish Matt well on his new and noble endeavor.

Terra

It won't really have any impact on Google. The only thing his leave has impacted is Google's communication with the public. He had a tough job, but I think he was always as honest and helpful as he could be.

Since his leave, the closest thing we have had to a replacement is John and he is... less helpful and knowledgeable. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Friedman said:

It won't really have any impact on Google. The only thing his leave has impacted is Google's communication with the public. He had a tough job, but I think he was always as honest and helpful as he could be.

Since his leave, the closest thing we have had to a replacement is John and he is... less helpful and knowledgeable. 

I agree. I always thought he was an awesome public relations guy and I loved the videos he did. I found him extremely helpful as well.

I've always thought of Matt as "the face" of Google. I know I'll miss him.

Terra

He definitely was good for Google's public image.  Can't expect someone else to put their life on hold because we like where they're at, though.  I'm sure that Google will have the capability to find someone equally as good, even though it will take the public a little time to warm up to them.  Cutts was a very well liked figure.