Another aspect of writing.

HeySal

I'm wondering if Shay has a 30 day challenge for this one. LOL. 

I had a free ebook I was giving out on my old site - and now that I have control of my site and have done a rebuild, I got the pdf and looked through it again.  It's got a million links to old vendors that I no longer affiliate with.  So what to do? Erase all those links............or instead of giving a free ebook, put up a new section of my site for beginners, and tear the book into installments. Hmmmm.  

So now, rather than writing a book, I'm tearing one apart.  It has to have slight rewrites now and again, but instead of just giving away a lot of info for nothing, I've converted it to SE food. 

Grow your online visibility
2 hours ago, HeySal said:

I'm wondering if Shay has a 30 day challenge for this one. LOL. 

I had a free ebook I was giving out on my old site - and now that I have control of my site and have done a rebuild, I got the pdf and looked through it again.  It's got a million links to old vendors that I no longer affiliate with.  So what to do? Erase all those links............or instead of giving a free ebook, put up a new section of my site for beginners, and tear the book into installments. Hmmmm.  

So now, rather than writing a book, I'm tearing one apart.  It has to have slight rewrites now and again, but instead of just giving away a lot of info for nothing, I've converted it to SE food. 

Sal, I've torn apart ebooks and given away sections.  It works well.  I actually have a bunch of sections on a page on one of my sites that I sell each one.  So instead of just breaking it down, I added a bit to them and use them for PLR for a specific niche.  One that page is also a bundle type of offer for a discount rate.  Buy the whole set, get a better deal, kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, Khemosabi said:

Sal, I've torn apart ebooks and given away sections.  It works well.  I actually have a bunch of sections on a page on one of my sites that I sell each one.  So instead of just breaking it down, I added a bit to them and use them for PLR for a specific niche.  One that page is also a bundle type of offer for a discount rate.  Buy the whole set, get a better deal, kind of thing. 

That won't do it for this one.  It IS my niche.  It's a beginner's guide and since the rebuild it will do me more good for SEO than for give away or for PLR.  I used to have a lot of vendors and giving the book away was good because it had loads of links in it. Now it's kinda useless for that. I have no intentions of picking up those vendors again.  So - I'm just going to make pages out of it.  If it were a different niche, different subject matter, I'd probably have done that myself, but this one is just going to be pages.  

I was just laughing about the 30 day challenge -- and if tearing the crap out of something we made once would qualify.  It was mostly a joke. 

10 hours ago, HeySal said:

That won't do it for this one.  It IS my niche.  It's a beginner's guide and since the rebuild it will do me more good for SEO than for give away or for PLR.  I used to have a lot of vendors and giving the book away was good because it had loads of links in it. Now it's kinda useless for that. I have no intentions of picking up those vendors again.  So - I'm just going to make pages out of it.  If it were a different niche, different subject matter, I'd probably have done that myself, but this one is just going to be pages.  

I was just laughing about the 30 day challenge -- and if tearing the crap out of something we made once would qualify.  It was mostly a joke. 

Well now your OP makes more sense.  I wasn't getting "SE" food.  Now I see that you meant SEO food.  Sounds like you had already made up your mind.

Guess the joke's on me.

Wait!

What does Shay's 30 day challenges have to do with anything? I think they are a good way for people to get past their procrastination hang up. Shay's challenges have inspired a lot of people.

Tearing something up shouldn't equate to tearing someone down. I don't see the humor in that. :blink:

Terra

6 minutes ago, Terra said:

Wait!

What does Shay's 30 day challenges have to do with anything? I think they are a good way for people to get past their procrastination hang up. Shay's challenges have inspired a lot of people.

Tearing something up shouldn't equate to tearing someone down. I don't see the humor in that. :blink:

Terra

I didn't get "it" either Terra.  But, I missed the whole "question" in the first place. 

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Wait!

Terra

I wasn't tearing her down at all.  I was laughing because I have a project to do that was the antithesis of what her Challenges are about. It struck me funny to think about joining in to tear something apart instead of build it.  

As far as Shay's challenges - if I ever am doing something that will fit in right -- I'll probably join in. I have nothing against the challenges, or Shay.  

I didn't realize that what I found funny about it would be so obscure. 

2 hours ago, HeySal said:

I wasn't tearing her down at all.  I was laughing because I have a project to do that was the antithesis of what her Challenges are about. It struck me funny to think about joining in to tear something apart instead of build it.  

As far as Shay's challenges - if I ever am doing something that will fit in right -- I'll probably join in. I have nothing against the challenges, or Shay.  

I didn't realize that what I found funny about it would be so obscure. 

Neither did I. Hahahaha!

Terra:lol:

On 2/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, HeySal said:

I totally got what you meant, and I laughed, too. :D Most of my challenges are for creating new stuff, not ripping it apart. :D 

But I also have a LOT of stuff that was great when I first wrote it, but now needs updating in order to be useful.

I think it would be a GREAT challenge -- maybe a "Repurposing Old Content" Challenge? :) 

Wow - stupid joke turns into an idea for Shay.  How kewl is that?  

If there's more than you and I that has some old ebook around that could be useful again in another form, I don't see how it'd be that much different from putting something together.  It's all work - but tearing it down will be a lot easier than building it in the first place.