The Weird Mandela Effect

Lanfear63

Many people remember things differently than they are today. Examples: Many people swear that Nelson Mandela died in prison, they remember quite distinctly watching the reports and the funeral. But he did not, was released, became president and only died recently. So many examples. The guy who stood in front of the tanks in China, people remember that the man was run over, they remember the blood. But nope, he did not get run over.

Looney Toons cartoons, apparently the spelling has always been Loony Tunes, try googling old LT screenshots, not how I remember it, does not make sense to be Loony Tunes anyway. These are Car-toons? Try Tiny Toons (the young versions of these characters), still Tiny Toons? Try Oscar Meyer.. correct spelling, nope, it's Oscar Mayer..not how you remember it, Look at old photos of the Wiener Mobile.. Now Oscar Mayer... (have 1960's photo's all been doctored, or are we going mad?) hmm. Was not Jiffy peanut butter the name, now Jiff. Apparently it has always been Jiff.

In some cases yes, the manufactures of these and many more products have changed the logo designs or spellings of these names and not told anyone. It does not explain all of them though. Check out the Mandela Effect on you-tube, a plethora of examples that are actually for real. All false collective memory?...You decide.

Of course the insinuations or alt explanation is that there are infinite very similar parallel earths (as quantum theory predicts) and we are intersecting all the time at the quantum level and minute history changes take place, most don't remember these changes but some do and are totally perplexed. 

Time to dig out your old Looney Toons VHS tapes and take a look. Interesting how the spell checker now underlines Toons as an incorrect word?

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

All of those examples are caused by learning how to recognize the symbols before understanding how to spell.

A better example:

“Luke, I am your father.”

Spoiler

Nonexistent movie quote.

It's actually “No, I am your father.”

Or

“Life is like a box of chocolates.”

Spoiler

Also nonexistent - It's;

“Life was like a box of chocolates”

Ok, not getting through to you at all. Yes, their is  false memory, but not all. Like the guy who's surname was Meyer who said, oh, Oscar Meyer, same name and spelling, only to find it's now Mayer, but there is the spelling Mayer on the old wiener mobile.

Of course, none of this can be proven because all we have to look at is this history, which is correct. If you wake up one morning and things are slightly different then no person is going to believe your distinct memory of Mandela dying in prison, the funeral and his wife's heartfelt speech. I think this stuff is a lot more common than we think, but we dismiss it.

36 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Ok, not getting through to you at all. Yes, their is  false memory, but not all.

False memories that are shared by many people would be strengthened by repetition, collecting more converts on the way.

What's fascinating is that when faced with seemingly inexplicable phenomena, some people search for an internal explanation, while others apparently assume an outside force must be at play. Given how much of our reality is shaped by our own perception, in the vast majority of instances, the smart money has to be on the former.

1 minute ago, Claude Whitacre said:

None of our reality is shaped by our perception. At least that's how I see it.

Wrong, your reality is very much shaped by what you can perceive. If your blind then you live in a different reality. whether everything is the same externally for everyone else is irrelevant, not your reality. It's subjective but still your reality.

18 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

None of our reality is shaped by our perception. At least that's how I see it.

11 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Wrong, your reality is very much shaped by what you can perceive. If your blind then you live in a different reality. whether everything is the same externally for everyone else is irrelevant, not your reality. It's subjective but still your reality.

17 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Quite so. For example, some would perceive Claude's juxtaposition of the words "perception" and "see" as an attempt at humor. It doesn't make it real.

After all, that would require wit.

13 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Many people swear that Nelson Mandela died in prison, they remember quite distinctly watching the reports and the funeral. But he did not, was released, became president and only died recently. So many examples. The guy who stood in front of the tanks in China, people remember that the man was run over, they remember the blood. But nope, he did not get run over.

I'll take your word that many people believe these things, although I don't know of anyone who does. I remember Mandela being released, becoming President and being present at the Rugby World Cup held in South Africa.

I also don't remember the tank guy getting run over. I do recall reading years later that he was executed by the authorities though.

Same thing with Loony Toons. I can't comment on the other things you mentioned as they're confined to the US.

I also think you might be being a bit generous in ascribing these false memories to misplaced perceptions. I'd prefer to believe that people who have these perceptions are either forgetful, ill-informed, disengaged, or just plain stupid.

22 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

I'll take your word that many people believe these things, although I don't know of anyone who does. I remember Mandela being released, becoming President and being present at the Rugby World Cup held in South Africa.

I remember that;

I coined the phrase "Prime the pump".

Hamilton could have stopped the Civil War.

I found 3 million fake "Thanks" on this forum.

My high school graduation had the highest attendance of any high school graduation..Period!

I fired a cop because he was thinking of giving me a ticket.

I built a fence around my house...and I made the neighbors pay for it.

11 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

This is why we need a "like" button.

For many people it kind of sucks anymore, especially for people like the two Franks who seemed to live for the quick  'drive by' quips for that expected  high five and pat on the back. I guess no more  lol

12 minutes ago, discrat said:

For many people it kind of sucks anymore, especially for people like the two Franks who seemed to live for the quick  'drive by' quips for that expected  high five and pat on the back. I guess no more  lol

I don't know that that's true. Most of us already know who will Thank our posts. It's the same two or three people that think we are funny...or like our posts. It doesn't vary much.

For example, for me, it's always the same 76 people Thanking every one of my posts. It used to be embarrassing. 

I even PM'd Mike saying "This constant adulation is getting ridiculous. It seems so unfair to completely unlovable people like Dan Riffle or....well...Dan Riffle". And so he agreed to delete the Thanks button to make us seem more equal. 

I'm such a Scoundrel.

2 hours ago, discrat said:

You can't mean me. I never quip and drive.

On 5/15/2017 at 9:25 AM, whateverpedia said:

I also don't remember the tank guy getting run over. I do recall reading years later that he was executed by the authorities though.

Same thing with Loony Toons. I can't comment on the other things you mentioned as they're confined to the US.

I also think you might be being a bit generous in ascribing these false memories to misplaced perceptions. I'd prefer to believe that people who have these perceptions are either forgetful, ill-informed, disengaged, or just plain stupid.

I don't remember Mandela being killed or the tank guy getting run over, either. I remember Loony Toons. I don't remember "NO, I am your father".  

There are a lot of land areas I'll go back to after many years and it will be changed more than could be explained by natural erosion or plant growth, but I always chock that up to going so many places that my memory of the location is just not accurate.

With what we know about physics, though, it's very possible the universe split or some such.  Anything is possible. I don't see any possibility that really sets off enough of an alarm for me to really worry about it or get bent over it. 

I came a hair from biting the big one a year and a half ago - about the time all the Mandela effect talk began.  So what if I actually did die in the universe my consciousness was in and my consciousness was jettisoned here?  There's not too many differences, so I find that a pretty kewl possibility.  Maybe I'll smoke a bowl and really think deep on it sometime.  

On 5/15/2017 at 0:51 PM, Claude Whitacre said:

I remember that;

I coined the phrase "Prime the pump".

On 5/15/2017 at 1:03 PM, whateverpedia said:

I coined the phrase "Pump the prime".

Fixed that for you.

Honestly, when I typed "Prime the pump" I thought for sure someone would change it to "Prime the plump". 

What's a guy have to do around here to get a proper insult?

2 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Honestly, when I typed "Prime the pump" I thought for sure someone would change it to "Prime the plump". 

What's a guy have to do around here to get a proper insult?

You're late with the Checks this month.