The Weird Mandela Effect

Lanfear63

I don't know if I have already done this one but this is a 100 percent anomaly for me, perhaps for you too? The Fruit Of The Loom logo had fruit coming out of a Cornucopia or weirdly shaped basket resembling a seashell. Not a shadow of a doubt on this one. If you look it up on Logopedia you will see the basket has never existed in the history of the logo, just the fruit sitting there. This articulate gentleman does a piece on it below...

Grow your online visibility
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a really offbeat one. The video, top left, (or if he makes more it will move in the playlist, just look for the Mandela Effect referenced one) is from the CEO of Entree, a software firm that makes and sells a software product entirely focused on food industry encompassing  inventory, ordering, sales and distribution.

He obviously prides himself on his product and its accuracy, ease of use, etc. His videos contain both overviews and customer testimonials.

However, he notices in the last several years, his tech support team is getting more and more calls regarding alleged glitches. That for the most part, customers are using the software to place orders and increasingly getting the spellings of long term products wrong. An example would be Haas Avocados suddenly changed to Hass in its spelling (and always had been) Long term customers were using the original spelling for years were suddenly finding they were ordering names that no longer existed.

He obviously  had been made aware the ME and done his research and proceed to give further examples of it. The complaints he was receiving obviously mirrored the listing of the products he was receiving calls on.

For a CEO of a prestigious product like this to have to come out and make a video about this phenomenon I find both extraordinary and very brave. Link

https://www.youtube.com/user/NECSentreeSoftware/videos

Now you know how I felt having to come out and write about it. Me, one of the most respected idiots on the forum.

Here's one that possibly changed. The spelling of Hitler's first name. It is now "Adolf" 

But, it seems that nearly 3,000,000 references, many from prestigious websites, have it as "Adolph"

Take a look.. https://www.google.com/search?q=adolph+hitler&nfpr=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisyrCc-ZvjAhVRGs0KHZofBZAQvgUILigB&biw=1920&bih=920

The thing is, both look ok to me. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

Here's one that possibly changed. The spelling of Hitler's first name. It is now "Adolf" 

But, it seems that nearly 3,000,000 references, many from prestigious websites, have it as "Adolph"

Take a look.. https://www.google.com/search?q=adolph+hitler&nfpr=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisyrCc-ZvjAhVRGs0KHZofBZAQvgUILigB&biw=1920&bih=920

The thing is, both look ok to me. What do you think?

Here we go again. It's always been Adolf. He was born Adolf, and every book has it Adolf.  Google even wants you to spell it Adolf. You see it as Adolph because it's a common spelling. And some people just make mistakes when spelling a name, a band name, or a song title.

Mark...dear innocent Mark...when you do a Google search, they will include common miss-spellings in the search. And some people simply spell it that way. I still get mail to Stephen Whitacre, even though my middle name is Steven. It's not a conspiracy, I swear to God. And I get Whitacre spelled Whittaker, Whitaker and Whitiker in e-mails, and letters all the time. Hell, my mortgage had my name spelled Whittaker.  

Please let go of this nonsense. 

25 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Here we go again. It's always been Adolf. He was born Adolf, and every book has it Adolf.  Google even wants you to spell it Adolf. You see it as Adolph because it's a common spelling. And some people just make mistakes when spelling a name, a band name, or a song title.

Mark...dear innocent Mark...when you do a Google search, they will include common miss-spellings in the search. And some people simply spell it that way. I still get mail to Stephen Whitacre, even though my middle name is Steven. It's not a conspiracy, I swear to God. And I get Whitacre spelled Whittaker, Whitaker and Whitiker in e-mails, and letters all the time. Hell, my mortgage had my name spelled Whittaker.  

Please let go of this nonsense. 

Good to see you here on this auspicious occasion celebrating the expulsion of the British. Dan Riffle reports having a high percentage of Britishness in his gene's so i thought you might have been reporting it to the authorities today.

I have no conclusive thoughts on this one to be honest although 3 million wrong spelling entries is rather excessive compared to many I have viewed. I highlighted it however, because I had a dual memory of the spelling and wondered where that came from. Pretty rare with me.

Yes of course, just about every reference you look at will have the spelling as is now. That has to be the case. 

Added Oh dear, it appears that even the ever reliable Wikipedia has let us down on this one:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_of_the_Personality_of_Adolph_Hitler

36 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Added Oh dear, it appears that even the ever reliable Wikipedia has let us down on this one:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_of_the_Personality_of_Adolph_Hitler

That section has it spelled both ways. Wikipedia can't even be expected to bother itself to use one spelling consistently. Ergo, you cannot include it as evidence of anything other than poor editorial standards.

7 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

That section has it spelled both ways. Wikipedia can't even be expected to bother itself to use one spelling consistently. Ergo, you cannot include it as evidence of anything other than poor editorial standards.

Dear fellow Brit. Here we see a search on Marc Bolan, except that I typed in Mark Bolan and it showed the results for Marc Bolan. I then chose the option: "Do you mean Mark Bolan"  I said yes and got the same results as for "Marc Bolan" No typo's at all to speak of.

Marc Bolan was a popular and famous and influential pop star until his untimely death.

But not even vaguely as famous as Hitler.

Doing the same for Hitler produces 3000,000 instances of referring to Adolph as his first name.

Do you not find that a little curious, I know I do.

Oh, and I suppose we had better not use Wikipedia as a reference in the future, it is unreliable.   

https://www.google.com/search?q=mark+bolan&nirf=marc+bolan&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXuoefnZzjAhVPAp0JHVXtCh4Q8BYILigB&biw=1920&bih=920

Do you not find that a little curious, I know I do.

No. It's a name with multiple spellings. It's 100% likely it will be worn incorrectly. The name has been spelled both ways forever. I'd bet you can find different textbooks spelling it either way. This means various people learned to spell it differently. Which leads to what? Different goddamn ways it will be spelled on the internet. 

Usage on the internet is definitive proof of nothing. Even Claude, the poor, drooling dotard that he is, knows this.  

3 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

No. It's a name with multiple spellings. It's 100% likely it will be worn incorrectly. The name has been spelled both ways forever. I'd bet you can find different textbooks spelling it either way. This means various people learned to spell it differently. Which leads to what? Different goddamn ways it will be spelled on the internet. 

Usage on the internet is definitive proof of nothing. Even Claude, the poor, drooling dotard that he is, knows this.  

Look at the bold word above. That was supposed to be "spelled." For some reason, my phone's auto correct feature got it wrong and it ended up on the internet. I post this notice so Mark doesn't think Mandela is now replacing the word "spelled" with "worn." 

2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Look at the bold word above. That was supposed to be "spelled." For some reason, my phone's auto correct feature got it wrong and it ended up on the internet. I post this notice so Mark doesn't think Mandela is now replacing the word "spelled" with "worn." 

An often reported thing related to the ME. the spell check on cell phones is often correcting words, that are typed out in full with the new spelling, to the alleged old one.

I just had a phone call with a long term friend, about my age, I asked her to spell Hitler's first name. She immediately spelled Adolph. When I told her it was now Adolf (and always has been), she said. "No Freaking way" She makes her living as a psychic, but surprisingly, was staunchly opposed to just about any overtures I made to her about the ME. I tried a couple of things regarding names recently, all hit home like that. I think she is beginning to have second thoughts.

11 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

. She immediately spelled Adolph. When I told her it was now Adolf (and always has been), she said. "No Freaking way" She makes her living as a psychic,

And had you simply spelled it Adolf, before you asked her how to spell it, she would have said that it sounded right. But now...if you asked her if she would have agreed...she will deny it...because she already committed to the idea that Adolph would be the obvious spelling.

And...........Remember that this was in GERMANY. They spell names differently, because the sounds of letters is slightly different. Germans spell it Adolf...but phonetically, in English, it would normally be spelled Adolph.

But none of this matters. You have a worm in your brain that won't let go, no matter what.

7 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

She, Petrene, (my best friend) has done a lot of TV (hours of cable) and radio work in the US and UK. She went to Taiwan a few years back and was treated like a national celebrity and appeared on the news and some tv shows.   Quite a celebrity in her time. She nearly got a US series a year or so ago, but, Hollywood has it's constraints and they deemed her too old. In the meantime, she makes a good living doing quite an array of psychic readings, she does regression, progression and re-birthing, healing etc, clients come from near and far.

Her website: http://petrene.com

4 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

And had you simply spelled it Adolf, before you asked her how to spell it, she would have said that it sounded right. But now...if you asked her if she would have agreed...she will deny it...because she already committed to the idea that Adolph would be the obvious spelling.

And...........Remember that this was in GERMANY. They spell names differently, because the sounds of letters is slightly different. Germans spell it Adolf...but phonetically, in English, it would normally be spelled Adolph.

But none of this matters. You have a worm in your brain that won't let go, no matter what.

Now let's be clear. In the 1930's The world started to become aware of Germany's upsurgence and this political party and it's dictatorial leader. In 1939 and beyond I'm sure his name was on everyone's lips. So incredibly  famous (for all the wrong reasons), so indelibly stamped on peoples psyche's for the duration of the war and way beyond. And I'm 100 percent sure that his correctly spelled name would have been set in stone due to that. So, to have 3 million results, now, from decent web sources calling his christian a different spelling is Beyond Belief.   

"And had you simply spelled it Adolf, before you asked her how to spell it, she would have said that it sounded right"

Added: I deliberately left it up to her to spell it from her memory. I actually asked her that afterwards. She still said no, no way.

PSS: Well, what do you know, I just flicked on to Pluto TV, and there was a documentary about "Adolph" Hitler. There was archive footage of his christian name in black and white on documents as "Adolph". So "Adoph" is the correct spelling of his name. Since Adolf is not used in the Uk and the US one wonders how the spelling is now that. There is no need for it.

I should perhaps withdraw this as a possible ME and simply point out that for some reason. The world has chosen to corrupt the spelling of his name to Adolf.. Perhaps just a dumbing down. So much for the accuracy of History. It explains my dual memory anyway.

PSS: Well, what do you know, I just flicked on to Pluto TV, and there was a documentary about "Adolph" Hitler. There was archive footage of his christian name in black and white on documents as "Adolph". So "Adoph" is the correct spelling of his name. Since Adolf is not used in the Uk and the US one wonders how the spelling is now that. There is no need for it.

Logic flaw. Just because a documentary spells it a certain way doesn't make it so. 

Who makes documentaries? 

Humans.

Humans are what?

Prone to error.

"And had you simply spelled it Adolf, before you asked her how to spell it, she would have said that it sounded right"

Added: I deliberately left it up to her to spell it from her memory. I actually asked her that afterwards. She still said no, no way.

And then I said " But now...if you asked her if she would have agreed...she will deny it...because she already committed to the idea that Adolph would be the obvious spelling." which is exactly what happened.

1 hour ago, Dan Riffle said:

Logic flaw. Just because a documentary spells it a certain way doesn't make it so. 

Who makes documentaries? 

Humans.

Humans are what?

Prone to error.

Dan. It was a documentary made in 1991. The archive footage was genuine footage from the 1930's, probably used hundreds of times in others. It was not a question of  fallible Humans making documentaries, archive footage does not lie. It was just innocently used to illustrate the documentary and was not critical too it. Sometimes I wonder.  

Well, another what do you know: I then went to Google images and did a search on German wartime documents featuring Hitler's full name.  Alas, the dam Mandela Effect got me again. There was not a single document that I could find that featured his name as Adolph, signed or printed. On early copies of his book: "Mein Kampf" Always Adolf.

I'm afraid I will have to reinstate this as an ME.

41 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Dan. It was a documentary made in 1991. The archive footage was genuine footage from the 1930's, probably used hundreds of times in others.

A human created said footage. A human who could've misspelled or used his culturally-appropriate spelling.  

Dammit, Marc, when will it sink in? 

2 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

A human created said footage. A human who could've misspelled or used his culturally-appropriate spelling.  

Dammit, Marc, when will it sink in? 

A human simply filmed a document in the 1930's Dammit Dan, when will it sink in. And don't call me Marc