The Weird Mandela Effect

Lanfear63

37 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

Guess who created the document, Marq?

A falable human.

From the Google listing from Dictionary.com, typing in "adolph german to english"  to Google.We get this:

ad-olf, ey-dolf; German ah-dawlf ] ... Franklin Roosevelt had his renewal handed to him in 1940 by Adolph Hitler and the fall of France. ... Explore Dictionary.com.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

From the Google listing from Dictionary.com, typing in "adolph german to english"  to Google.We get this:

ad-olf, ey-dolf; German ah-dawlf ] ... Franklin Roosevelt had his renewal handed to him in 1940 by Adolph Hitler and the fall of France. ... Explore Dictionary.com.

You're being intellectually dishonest here. Dictionary.com corrects you to Adolf. Then Dictionary.com provides an alternate spelling, Adolph.

The passage you quote comes from a section titled "EXAMPLES FROM THE WEB FOR ADOLPH."

So, Dictionary.com simply searched the web for content including the alternate spelling. That's it. 

Seriously, Marck. Be honest: you're just fucking with me at this point. 

26 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

You're being intellectually dishonest here. Dictionary.com corrects you to Adolf. Then Dictionary.com provides an alternate spelling, Adolph.

The passage you quote comes from a section titled "EXAMPLES FROM THE WEB FOR ADOLPH."

So, Dictionary.com simply searched the web for content including the alternate spelling. That's it. 

Seriously, Marck. Be honest: you're just fucking with me at this point. 

I never fuck (well, not these days anyway) just dropping one example of the millions I could have chosen from.

1 hour ago, Tagiscom said:

Here you go Mark, straight from the horses mouth.

DhdMVDR.jpg

This is the original 1925 publication, of his autobiography.

y90dM5T.jpg

Hitler spells his name as Adolf, case closed.

B)

I take it you have not been following the thread or fully understand the premise of the Mandela Effect. Let's just run through it again. History changes, past present and future, so when you pull up what you did from the past, now, you would expect to find and see exactly you have produced here.. The whole history, the back story, everything changes to reflect the new reality..

3 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

I take it you have not been following the thread or fully understand the premise of the Mandela Effect. Let's just run through it again. History changes, past present and future, so when you pull up what you did from the past, now, you would expect to find and see exactly you have produced here.. The whole history, the back story, everything changes to reflect the new reality..

Ok, l thought that history changes until we find a past reference that it hasn't?

Then we can put it down to other things, bad grammer, etc.

Elementary particles can change states dependant on different viewpoints, (as the last example l have demonstrated) but these fall under quantum mechanics, or seriously weird things can happen at that level, but scaling up, to our level, much less so, otherwise the universe couldn't function.

🏖️

14 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

14 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

I never fuck (well, not these days anyway) just dropping one example of the millions I could have chosen from.

Mark; That's a dodge. Everything in this thread points to this being an obsession with you. Reason, logic, and any rational argument is simply forgotten or dodged, as you have done here. Seriously Mark, you have to let this go. It's not healthy.

Gotta remember how Donner und Blitzen is German for thunder & lightnin', an' nuthin' to do with Thor, bcs he was more Scandanavian.

That is why Santa's reindeer got switched out along the way for diffrent soundin' names to the original — which is why we also got the extra incloosion to the original 8 in the form of Adolph.

Course, Adolph's essential character was watered down in the same way the Victorians transformed what they saw as objectionable fairy tales into less gruesome stories for polite consumption — the "red nose" bein' a metaphor for a fiery temper that ultimately led to the deaths of millions.

Most modern stories can be traced back to the original fables — less'n the architects of fake nooz done tampered with the archives, in which case the source materials prolly gotta be considered falables.

All I know is, fyootyure history gonna have way less room for slack when it comes to our stories. Won't be too long before evrywan gotta pass an a-hole scan fore'n they can use airport toilets.

Where is the potential for exotic mythologizin' in that scenario?

12 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

If everything changes to reflect the new reality, how are you showing us examples of changes made (minor name misspellings, minor change in song titles)?

It either completely changed or it didn't. 

So if "The Mandela Effect" was as you stated here, there would be no evidence of a change. Nothing to show us, no way for anyone...even people with super powers..to see the change.

You are arguing with yourself.

What I love so 'bout this thread — far as I been followin' it as a diminished devotee — is how we speakin' equally 'bout surefire rocks gonna secure us sum ground from which to propulse offa toward any potentially negotiable spaces tomorrow's fyooture may permit (bcs reason says this is bedrock stuffs) ... an' speculatin' out on a whim on the basis that evrywan other than ourself is clearly a deloosional frickin' asshole bcs we personally so SORTED we see the same TOTAL NON-MONSTAH in the mirror evry mornin' (bcs reason says this is bedrock stuffs, only sumtimes we duck out on sleep or lipstick an' look kinda trashy).

Far as I can see, Gump shoulda spewked all filosofical accidental 'bout chop salad steada chocolate.

I so love those mooshied nootrients!

Any way you whack them vegertahbyewl babies about with inciseiveness' keenest edge, for sure that plate fulla WHAT ONCE MAY HAVE BEEN SHAPES masqueradin' as like MY ACTSCHWL YUMMO DINNAH gotta delivah satisfaction — even if there ain't no post-mnommnommnom custom fortune cookie says "Congratulations! You were real smart to figure this culinary treat instead of enslaving the emergency services for weeks on end because you can't cook to save your fucking tits."

Mom says I should call this the TOO SMART TO MICROWAVE diet.

"I'm sure Mandela would have welcomed such a positive health plan," she said. "It's unlikely anyone imprisoned on Robben Island had access to a microwave, let alone the privilege of preparing their own food with what might be perceived as a weapon."

6 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

If everything changes to reflect the new reality, how are you showing us examples of changes made (minor name misspellings, minor change in song titles)?

It either completely changed or it didn't. 

So if "The Mandela Effect" was as you stated here, there would be no evidence of a change. Nothing to show us, no way for anyone...even people with super powers..to see the change.

You are arguing with yourself.

It seems you need a refresher course on this too.

Let's create an example: You are retired, say 2 years ago. You closed your shop and disposed of all inventory. One day, you pull out your beloved Riccar and being naked and wearing just a frilly apron, you switch it on to do the vacuuming. It's dead. Well, you say, I have had it for 20 years, lets buy a new one. You are no longer a dealer so you phone a store to order one or see if they have one in stock. A spotty young assistant answers and asks: How do you spell that. R-I-C-C-A-R you say. Well he says, typing it in it auto corrected to RIKKAR, is that what you mean?. No, you say, it is spelt RICCAR, I sold them for 30 years. Well thats all thats listed here, he then proceeds to verify the company address. I will call you back you say and go to your machine to read the company logo. Plain as day, it says RIKKAR. You have a WTF moment.

You go to your wife and point this out and she has a WTF moment too, she was also close to the product for years. You call your son, although he has been in your store many times, he cannot decide which spelling is correct. He has sold food products all his life. So, you do the next obvious thing, go online, all, or nearly all references to this product say that it is spelt, and always have been: "Rikkar" Another wave of nausea washes over you.

What I am describing is an "Anchor Memory". A memory so powerful and indelibly stamped on your (and your wife's) psyche, that poor or faulty memory, confabulation or Urban Myths are out of the window. No logic or deductive reasoning works on this either. Your thoughts of being mad are circumnavigated too because your wife wholeheartedly agrees with you..

So, we have a very solid memory of you, your wife and perhaps just a few thousand other people on the planet would be eligible to .have the same reaction t because of their association of the product.. The rest of the occupants of the Earth are either ignorant of the product or don't pay enough attention to it's name. At best, some may do a double take on it, hmmm, I thought it was that...oh well. 

So where do we go from here, Well, you might venture online and find a smattering of other people who have made the same observation, even engage in conversation. with them, or not. But, you confirm that others have noticed it too.  You then have an aha moment. Because of chronic  inability to operate a computer, all your order copies are hand written by you. You leaf through them. All say Riccar. How you were managing to order the product from them then, perplexes you.

So, you have both your's and your wife's Anchor memories, plus a smattering of other people online's ones, and now you have your orders. You are slowly building up a portfolio of an alternative memory of this product. But even having all that, this is not provable, just third party. Any attempts to go out into the world and proclaim this are met with with ridicule. 

I have a small selection of Anchor memories of several things, just as powerful as the example above. And true, no amount of nagging from you or others are going to unseat them, they are what they are.

As for the rest, they are either circumstantial. (like Hitler having 3 million entries for a different christian name) or I'm having a dual memory, both seem correct. I actively look for these things now in just about everything, most humans don't. I also  have an uncanny knack of remembering all these inconsequential things of life when I first see them. I only wish I could have applied that too my education. Oh, incidentally. The song, lyrics, although clear cut as being different to what is sang, Well, it could be just that people did sing them differently than what is written. I only have issues with a few of them. The most recent is Lennon singing now in: "A Day In The Life" "Woke up, Fell out of bed" If was "Got"

I just did an online quiz supposed to show what my educational level is. 100 questions with 2 multiple choice answers for each. I scored 84% and am apparently PHD level. Hmmm.. I left school at 16. 

4 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

What I am describing is an "Anchor Memory". A memory so powerful and indelibly stamped on your (and your wife's) psyche, that poor or faulty memory, confabulation or Urban Myths are out of the window.

I just did an online quiz supposed to show what my educational level is. 100 questions with 2 multiple choice answers for each. I scored 84% and am apparently PHD level. Hmmm.. I left school at 16. 

Just because you have a strong memory doesn't mean your memory can't be wrong. For example, I grew up thinking the actor's name was Pierce Bronson, not Pierce Brosnan. I can picture the Remington Steele credits like it was yesterday.  Unfortunarely, my memory is wrong.  

I have no doubt that you're a smart person,  Marke. You're just batshit crazy is all.

1 hour ago, Dan Riffle said:

Just because you have a strong memory doesn't mean your memory can't be wrong. 

I have no doubt that you're a smart person,  Marke. You're just batshit crazy is all.

Why thank you Dans

An Anchor memory to me is as strong as you going to your place of work for years and then Monday, you turn up to find it's not there. 

PS: What's this about the Remington Steele credits, "Remington Steele" is correct. What did you think it was?

1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

PS: What's this about the Remington Steele credits, "Remington Steele" is correct. What did you think it was?

Pierce Brosnan starred in Remington Steele. I can remember seeing his name as Bronson in the credits.  Please keep up. 

Just now, Dan Riffle said:

Pierce Brosnan starred in Remington Steele. I can remember seeing his name as Bronson in the credits.  Please keep up. 

Never watched it. But, I never had any problems with his name, always thought it was rather unique

Either there be a predictable regularity with which evrywan returns to no Mandela post ... based upon information accessed & perceived kinda howevah ...

or there ain't.

Conundrum!

Thing is, I havin' a sweet ole Monday an' I wanna share.

wanna say ... prolly we all gotta go kiss sumthin' sweet up close rn, less'n all momentary consequence count for zilchow, Mandela or frickin' non-Mandela.

Fyooture pulses equally from Narcissus gazin' pon' hisself in tha pond ... or slave gals f*cked outta any kinda POV.

So we start where we at, I guess.

Remembah what we got.

An' kinda swanky on out.

How history lapses

as it fights to be preserved,

while uncertainty blossoms

as surefire, hella deserved.

(I got this wrote out on my refrigerator so I nevah gravitate toward beer excess or jus' nibblin' a cucumber kinda casyool for no reason.)

Ha!

NEXT STAAHP: Michelin 5* Souffle Creation for Sum Zactin' Business Baron syncs Brow Raisin' Reflex with Trigger Puillin' Skill kinda 100%

I am kinda random that way.

But actschwlly it is also on my schedule as a To Do.

Big mistake here. They research and make a film about the Elephant Man, (played by John Hurt) and throughout the film he was known as John Merrick. Well that's incorrect as now, his  true name was Joseph Merrick. A common mistake it say's, his christian name was often misquoted as John.

My theory is that John Hurt could just not get into being known as Joseph and was more responsive when his real name was used. "Actors"

Not really putting this forward as a ME, just a little anecdote.   

46 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

A little vid on "Adolph" 

Thanks for the video of a bunch of spelling errors. Where's the video of all of the references spelled correctly? Oh, there isn't one because it would be 800 hours long? Got it. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

It's mounted and tuned to the All Star game as I write this. 

I hope it lives up to how it looked in the showroom although you probably changed the picture mode.to suit. Marks out of 10 when you have had time to review. How does it measure up against the rest of them?

3 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

I hope it lives up to how it looked in the showroom although you probably changed the picture mode.to suit. Marks out of 10 when you have had time to review. How does it measure up against the rest of them?

I've yet to calibrate it. However, it's pretty impressive right out of the box.  The blacks aren't inky like my OLED, but the picture quality is great.  I haven't seen any banding and, more importantly, no blooming (which can be an issue with this set).

After the game, I'm going to check out its Calibrated Netflix app. I personally prefer streaming box apps over smart tv apps as they get updated more frequently, but this app is supposedly calibrated by Netflix engineers. We'll see about that...

Added later: And thus it begins.  I'm having a weird issue with the TV's native apps.  They'll play video fine, i.e. I can see a movie on Netflix. However,  the sound continues to come from the source I was watching prior to launching the app. This happens with my surround sound system and the TV's own speakers.  I can't recreate the issue with any other source.  

We'll see what Support says.  

It's always something. 

11 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

I've yet to calibrate it. However, it's pretty impressive right out of the box.  The blacks aren't inky like my OLED, but the picture quality is great.  I haven't seen any banding and, more importantly, no blooming (which can be an issue with this set).

After the game, I'm going to check out its Calibrated Netflix app. I personally prefer streaming box apps over smart tv apps as they get updated more frequently, but this app is supposedly calibrated by Netflix engineers. We'll see about that...

Added later: And thus it begins.  I'm having a weird issue with the TV's native apps.  They'll play video fine, i.e. I can see a movie on Netflix. However,  the sound continues to come from the source I was watching prior to launching the app. This happens with my surround sound system and the TV's own speakers.  I can't recreate the issue with any other source.  

We'll see what Support says.  

It's always something. 

That's a pain. The obvious ones are of course, is  the sound turned up in the app you are using and is sound turned on for the apps in the tv settings. I expect you have already looked at that. The fact that you are getting the cable sounds probably negates that anyway. Not much help online except suggesting factory resets and firmware updates.But hey, you paid a lot for it and it should just work. It should auto-switch.

I have never been keen on built in apps on tv's since all my apps disappeared.(on an old Sony Bravia). I prefer streaming sticks like Roku and the far more versatile Amazon one. These of course should be 4k ones.

My 5 year old Moto phone with Freedompop has just stopped receiving calls after I got an email from them announcing a major network update and asking me to dial a number for an update, I can call out but not receive. I have tried everything to no avail. You can no longer call them directly either. Do it all from the website they say when I call the number. I think I'm going to switch to Sprint

21 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

That's a pain. The obvious ones are of course, is  the sound turned up in the app you are using and is sound turned on for the apps in the tv settings. I expect you have already looked at that. The fact that you are getting the cable sounds probably negates that anyway. Not much help online except suggesting factory resets and firmware updates.But hey, you paid a lot for it and it should just work. It should auto-switch.

I have never been keen on built in apps on tv's since all my apps disappeared.(on an old Sony Bravia). I prefer streaming sticks like Roku and the far more versatile Amazon one. These of course should be 4k ones.

My 5 year old Moto phone with Freedompop has just stopped receiving calls after I got an email from them announcing a major network update and asking me to dial a number for an update, I can call out but not receive. I have tried everything to no avail. You can no longer call them directly either. Do it all from the website they say when I call the number. I think I'm going to switch to Sprint

I contacted Sony. They gave me a couple things to try when I get home, but I *think* I figured it out. I must've been tired yesterday. I have my AV receiver do all the switching. so all peripherals run to it and it sends the video signal to the TV (natch). Because of this, I didn't use the TV's eArc HDMI input for logistical reasons (a different HDMI input was positioned better to accept the HDMI cord). Like you, I prefer streaming boxes and never use the TV's native apps, so I wasn't thinking about getting the sound to the receiver *from* the TV which is where the sound from the native apps come from. I would've figured this out last night, but there's one issue that makes it odd: I reset the sound to bypass my receiver and use the TV's speakers. The sound still came from my satellite box. eArc shouldn't affect sound coming from a native app through the native speakers. It's weird. I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere. 

That's unfortunate about the Freedom Pop thing.