The Weird Mandela Effect

Lanfear63

4 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

I contacted Sony. They gave me a couple things to try when I get home, but I *think* I figured it out. I must've been tired yesterday. I have my AV receiver do all the switching. so all peripherals run to it and it sends the video signal to the TV (natch). Because of this, I didn't use the TV's eArc HDMI input for logistical reasons (a different HDMI input was positioned better to accept the HDMI cord). Like you, I prefer streaming boxes and never use the TV's native apps, so I wasn't thinking about getting the sound to the receiver *from* the TV which is where the sound from the native apps come from. I would've figured this out last night, but there's one issue that makes it odd: I reset the sound to bypass my receiver and use the TV's speakers. The sound still came from my satellite box. eArc shouldn't affect sound coming from a native app through the native speakers. It's weird. I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere. 

That's unfortunate about the Freedom Pop thing.  

Aha, that did come up in my search. Of course was not aware how you were doing it. Yes, it's going to need the eArc connection used, but strange you cannot bypass it. Another suggestion I read was to turn Game Mode off when watching tv as it is expecting an input. Probably of no relevance.

Sprint store within a 5 minute drive so handy.

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

I feel I would be interruptin' the flow here to comment on "Elephant Men" an' their love of buns.

But I jus' gotta.

Like my elocyootion teacher said, "touch the tip of the tongue to the T spot behind your top teeth whenevah you wanna say Titties" — an' I guess elephants got similar tips when it comes to essential Trunk-to-bun activity.

Not that they sharin' this wisdom too freely tho — took 'em till 19DisneyWhenevah to let on their babies could fly.

Gotta say tho, I would so love to get my hands on a proper elephant's trunk.

Ain't nuthin' else like it out there in the Faunasphere, 'cept for mebbe octopus tentacles.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:39 AM, Dan Riffle said:

I contacted Sony. They gave me a couple things to try when I get home, but I *think* I figured it out. I must've been tired yesterday. I have my AV receiver do all the switching. so all peripherals run to it and it sends the video signal to the TV (natch). Because of this, I didn't use the TV's eArc HDMI input for logistical reasons (a different HDMI input was positioned better to accept the HDMI cord). Like you, I prefer streaming boxes and never use the TV's native apps, so I wasn't thinking about getting the sound to the receiver *from* the TV which is where the sound from the native apps come from. I would've figured this out last night, but there's one issue that makes it odd: I reset the sound to bypass my receiver and use the TV's speakers. The sound still came from my satellite box. eArc shouldn't affect sound coming from a native app through the native speakers. It's weird. I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere. 

That's unfortunate about the Freedom Pop thing.  

So, no more sound problems I hope?

1 hour ago, Lanfear63 said:

So, no more sound problems I hope?

I eventually got it sorted out. It was actually an issue with my AVR. I had to dig in the settings to get it to pass the tv sound when accessing menu layers. I was starting to get pissed. 

3 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

I eventually got it sorted out. It was actually an issue with my AVR. I had to dig in the settings to get it to pass the tv sound when accessing menu layers. I was starting to get pissed. 

Think of the huge dollop of smug satisfaction that you beat this thing and your technical support prowess remains intact. Congrats.

Would you credit it (obviously not) I went to Sprint to get a new phone and contract. I left my S/S card at home and had to go and get it. In the meantime the phone got a reply to a text I had sent, meaning it was working again. Despite that, given that the glass was coming away from the facia, so I thought I would get a new one one anyway. I returned  only to have my credit refused. Alright I was married and a co-homeowner and never had any trouble before, but obviously, living in a rental has an effect. 

My car is paid off, I have money in the bank and a preferred rewards account and CC. WTF is it with these companies? A friend said, get a few store cards and buy a few  things on them and make a few minimum payments, your individual credit will soon build up.  Sheez

Anyway, I had the last laugh, since I was an Xfinity/Comcast customer, they offered a good mobile deal. I bought a Samsung Galaxy A50 outright and my monthly fee is $2.86 plus data, only pay for what you use. The Sprint deal would have been $70.00 per month.

So, ya boo sucks to them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Someone has seen the trailer for the new upcoming ( starring Tom Hanks ) Mr Rogers Film. It is titled: "A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood". When we get to the point where he sings the song, Hanks sings: "A Beautiful day in "This" Neighbourhood" And allegedly, Rogers sang "This" throughout the shows whole 21 year run. Later in the film, the Rogers character is on a train and some kids sing to him: "It's A beautiful Day In "The" Neighbourhood"

Make your mind up Sony Pictures. A tiny aspect of history changing or not, you should at least be consistent with what it has allegedly always been. Mr Rogers was not something that made it to the UK so no personal knowledge of it. Just pointing out inconsistencies.

I recently caught the last third of the recent Laurel & Hardy tribute film. In it, they do a flashback to one of their early films. In it, Ollie says" Another "Nice" mess, I remember it as "Fine"

So, in both cases, the actors of both films obviously studied the characters mannerisms by reviewing old footage. Footage that has always been the current reality..allegedly.

What more proof do you need that your memory may sometimes be faulty, but not 100% of the time, especially when the manufacturer calls it what you remember it to be.

Referring to Haas Avocados. I always knew them as that. Now it's spelt "Hass" and always Hass been (pardon my quip) 

Well, when the label, printed directly on the product mesh bag from the manufacturer/grower spells it "Haas", it makes you wonder.

The video below was posted third party by a more prolific ME poster. The person who originally posted it has largely abandoned foray's into the Mandela Effect due to ridicule from his friends and family. Except he had to show you this one. He walks into a supermarket, see's this and whips out his video camera. Haas is printed clearly on the mesh bag label. Skip to 11.40 in the video to see it. Before that, are a bunch of newspaper food ads all saying and advertising Haas Avocados.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:57 AM, whateverpedia said:

I think you're talking out of your Haas.

We talkin' 'ole' (as in THE PAST) or '¡Olé!' (as in FFS C'MON)?

I may not be no cellulite queen in the booty department, but I would wish always to be juicy as Sangriah.

I love so that Spanish thing where they splash it on your face an' you gotta figure your tongue if'n you want in on the deal.

Or was that my last alien abduction?

tbh, I only a feeble Princess & I get confoosed sumtimes.

All I know is, long as I can grip a banana firmly between my cheeks, I ain't dyin' of no muscle wastin' phenomena ishoos.

Nor wastin' no sweet banana.

Anyone here used to watch Friends and drooled over Courtney Cox? (too skinny) I never did but I expect a few did here.

So, she changed her first name to "Courteney" to see if I would be interested. I can't vouch for this one except there is an incredible 69 million mixed spellings of it on Google. 

A few references here...

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting one with 2 variations. "Blue Oyster Cult"  band previously being called "The Blue Oyster Cult" and in the titles on some album covers, the "U's in the words are changed to "V's", even a metamorphosis stage if you look carefully. Not that familiar with this one though I do remember their definitive live album called "On Your Feet And On Your Knees"  and have listened to "Agents Of Fortune"  

I so love the ideah that Courtenayeyay Cox is skinno!

How poorly wraithlike exotica plays in the annals of mesmerisin' sweetness vs posture-compromisin' squidos, booty unserviced by no jeans company don't also figure sails for ships, an' User Instructions don't gotta say 'guaranteed not to snap if bent in half.'

Like Mom says, "should you ever be fully inflated, you could give that Jessica Jones girl a run for her money. In the mean time, please stop directing your incalculably moody pout my way while I am being generous about your inability to consume wholesome food or contemplate diets low on sex and alcohol."

Natchrlly I paraphrasin' Mom here.

Such is the hormonal internexus of genetically inherited willowiness in a world obsessed by booty cellulite pumped direct to PROJECT STIFFEN & SHOOT.

Wraifs got the sweetest whispahs.

(That work as a tagline? I runnin' also with WHY HITCH UP WITH A BIG PANT GAL GONNA MEBBE SUFFOCATE YOUR FAMILY BY ACCIDENT? an' PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO BEND OVER IN THIS THONG UNLESS YOUR FURNITURE CAN SURVIVE MY RECTAL WEEVILS WITHOUT YOU HOSEPIPE MY ASS WITH THE NECESSARY NASA-STRENGTH CHEMICAL COCKTAIL.)

Yeah, so datin' is a curse rn ...

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

I expect it will sweep the awards in this years Whattys

The only streaming service that would commission a feature like that would be Amazon Prime, although it may be too high brow for the average Amazon viewer. Anyway, if it does oend up on Amazon the Committee will do as they have always done (2019 nothwithstanding) and ignore it.

10 minutes ago, whateverpedia said:

The only streaming service that would commission a feature like that would be Amazon Prime, although it may be too high brow for the average Amazon viewer. Anyway, if it does oend up on Amazon the Committee will do as they have always done (2019 nothwithstanding) and ignore it.

You can't even quote the right person and you expect us to accept you as the arbiter of all things entertainment?

(Although, you might pass for a contemporary journalist...) 

On 8/25/2019 at 3:49 AM, Lanfear63 said:

Interesting one with 2 variations. "Blue Oyster Cult"  band previously being called "The Blue Oyster Cult" and in the titles on some album covers

Nothing to see here. They simply dropped the The from their name. Same as UK glam rockers The Sweet became just Sweet when they started taking themselves a bit more seriously.

Oh, and BTW the name of the band is actually Blue Öyster Cult (note the umlauts).

While we're at it a lot of people have only heard Agents Of Fortune due to it having Don't Fear The Reaper on it. Their best album however is the one before that called Secret Treaties. The last track on the album, Astronomy, is the best song they ever did.

1 hour ago, whateverpedia said:

Ah, now we see the bias of the Whatty's Committee. They would ignore a work based on its origin and subject matter and not judge it on it's own merits.

As far as I know it is an independently made movie, and was probably completed a year or so ago. I am surprised at it's delay in being released. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

This is the most intelligent thing you've said in your entire life. Well done, ol' chap!

I suppose I should take that as high praise indeed, coming from you. :-)

I would have argued about the Old Chap bit but for a visit I made to a store across the street I made last week to get a smaller travel bag for my trip to Vegas. I settled on a nice Samsonite one. When I got to the checkout, the girl said, your in luck, theirs 10% off on Tuesday afternoons for the over 55's. She did not even ask. And there was me congratulating myself on how young for my age I thought I looked, gulp. Perhaps she thought I was 56. Or perhaps I'm kidding myself. :-(