I'm getting published, Baby!

Terra

I checked it out Shane and think it is sweet! But why do you not work on it anymore? I think if something begins to lose its sizzle, you just turn up the heat and get it cracklin' again.

Have you given up on it? Have you thoughthought about a re-design or something/anything to get it "hot" again? Or at least try?

I just wonder why it is still up there if you have determined it's season has passed. When I determined such with my sites, I shut them down and moved into a different direction. I wasn't like Diddle Diddle Dumpling, my son John with one foot in and one foot out. I was either all in or all out. ;)

Terra

Grow your online visibility
35 minutes ago, Terra said:

I checked it out Shane and think it is sweet! But why do you not work on it anymore? I think if something begins to lose its sizzle, you just turn up the heat and get it cracklin' again.

Have you given up on it? Have you thoughthought about a re-design or something/anything to get it "hot" again? Or at least try?

I just wonder why it is still up there if you have determined it's season has passed. When I determined such with my sites, I shut them down and moved into a different direction. I wasn't like Diddle Diddle Dumpling, my son John with one foot in and one foot out. I was either all in or all out. ;)

Terra

Pretty much given up on it, but l still hang onto it, since l put a lot of effort into it, and maybe it can do something one day?

As for the puzzle, also tried to give it a second try, and after months of it going from one trade fair to another, (some in the US) it bombed. And after the toy company l was with, changed hands or was bought out again, they lost the remaining ones in the shuffle.

I was a bit p***ed at them after that, and after years of board game designs, with nothing getting through, gave up on it.

Glad l did since my present business should do well, eventhough the workload is a bit high.

B)

1 minute ago, Tagiscom said:

Pretty much given up on it, but l still hang onto it, since l put a lot of effort into it, and maybe it can do something one day?

As for the puzzle, also tried to give it a second try, and after months of it going from one trade fair to another, (some in the US) it bombed. And after the toy company l was with, changed hands or was bought out again, they lost the remaining ones in the shuffle.

I was a bit p***ed at them after that, and after years of board game designs, with nothing getting through, gave up on it.

Glad l did since my present business should do well, eventhough the workload is a bit high.

B)

Okay, Gotcha.

I just have this inquiring mind that wants to know, haha!

Terra

• 3 weeks later...

Grrrr!

I need a patience check again, LOL!

My publisher is still working on the typesetting layout and the front and back cover artwork. I haven't been sent either for my approval and I'm getting tired of waiting, LOL!

I so have a problem with patience. -_-

Terra

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 2:31 AM, Terra said:

One step closer!

I just approved the typesetting layout for my book! Whoo Hoo!

Now it's more waiting for the front and back cover artwork for my approval. That could take another whole month, though. I can't wait to see it though!

Terra

That is just so freaking awesome - I know it feels good! :D

On 8/8/2017 at 4:31 PM, Terra said:

One step closer!

I just approved the typesetting layout for my book! Whoo Hoo!

Now it's more waiting for the front and back cover artwork for my approval. That could take another whole month, though. I can't wait to see it though!

Terra

Actually, it seems like they're moving at a pretty good speed.  I'm sure to you it feels like forever, though.  Just take a deep breath, relax with some Asti, and smile. At least you will be published. The hard part is over. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm back!! I'm alive and doing fine, LOL! Actually, I'm better than fine! Sorry I was gone so long but doctors orders were to not be on the computer because I need to be mobile a lot for the healing process and it's too easy to lose track of time, especially for writers.

I had my 6 week check up and was granted a two hour period for the computer. Just 2 hours with a promise of a set timer. (Which is about to be up!:blink:)

Anyway, back on topic...

I just approved the artwork for the front and back cover of my book!  Whoo Hoo! I'm so excited! The next step is for them to print some out and send them to me for my final approval after viewing them from in hand. I just can't wait!!

I missed you all!!

Terra

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Krisvertelo said:

Congrats and wishing you more published manuscripts! :)

Thank you Krisvertelo!

My acquisition agent is asking for my second completed manuscript as we speak. I'm holding off for the first one to get published first though. At this point, I'm just waiting to hear the printer's have approved everything for the actual printing. When they do, I'm going to be sent a box of my books for final in hand approval. Barring any blaring error, they will then be printed and be up for sale! 

Terra

• 2 weeks later...

I will, Don.

I did just hear from Cindy, my publishing assistant. Things are super hectic and busy as the end of the year push approaches and my latest update is that my ten complimentary proofs of my book will be printed and mailed directly to me for my final stamp of approval.  I should receive them in approximately 2 -4 weeks now though.

Once I have notified them of my final approval through my author's portal, my book will then be in-line for print and the production team will prepare a Video Trailer, Press Release, and Web Page for release and set up the links for digital version sale.

I know they won't be out before Christmas now, but I'm okay with that. I certainly am learning patience, lol! It's awesome how when I feel I'm about to bust from being on wits end, my publishing assistant notifies me with an update. :)

Terra

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 9:27 PM, Lanfear63 said:

Congrats and good for you. ;)

Thank you for your congratulations, I appreciate it.

I didn't quote the first part of your post because he has absolutely nothing to do with me or my book. ;)

Terra

It has happened! Whoo Hooooooo!

I received my box of books for final hands on approval! I love them.

Next, a press release will be written and sent out and a video about my book will be made and the e-book versions will be created too. I still don't have a release date yet though.

More waiting but I am through the roof!! :D

Terra

6 hours ago, Terra said:

It has happened! Whoo Hooooooo!

I received my box of books for final hands on approval! I love them.

Next, a press release will be written and sent out and a video about my book will be made and the e-book versions will be created too. I still don't have a release date yet though.

More waiting but I am through the roof!! :D

Terra

Congrats Terra.

Not a half bad holiday gift.

On 13/12/2017 at 7:16 AM, Terra said:

Thanks, Mike!

Speaking of Christmas...

Here is a pic of me opening my box and holding up one of the books. I'm trying not to smile, but struggling with it, lol!

19248067_1884098341618813_31122762124166

Terra

So, when do we get our free copies. Although it looks like it might be a bit too advanced for some of the people on here*. Hopefully it has lots of pictures and not too many words. ;)

* By "some of the people, I meant me of course.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, Terra said:

Thanks, Mike!

Speaking of Christmas...

Here is a pic of me opening my box and holding up one of the books. I'm trying not to smile, but struggling with it, lol!

19248067_1884098341618813_31122762124166

Terra

Not gonna ask why you were trying not to smile....but agree that you didn't do a great job of it. LOL.  That must be an awesome feeling to have your completed work right in your hands.  Congratulations! You earned and deserve the thrill. 

On 12/14/2017 at 2:31 AM, whateverpedia said:

So, when do we get our free copies. Although it looks like it might be a bit too advanced for some of the people on here*. Hopefully it has lots of pictures and not too many words. ;)

* By "some of the people, I meant me of course.

I am so sorry to disappoint you, my friend with the boyish grin. No pictures and over 15,000 words. :P

Terra

21 hours ago, HeySal said:

Not gonna ask why you were trying not to smile....but agree that you didn't do a great job of it. LOL.  That must be an awesome feeling to have your completed work right in your hands.  Congratulations! You earned and deserve the thrill. 

You don't have to ask, I'll tell you anyway. The first pic Hubby took, I was smiling, so big in fact, my eyes turned into slits, LOL! I didn't like it. So I tried to keep my eyes visible for the next one.

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I was sleeping because I'm not feeling well. My brother came up on the train and caught something on it and so rudely passed it on to me. :angry: I'm trying not to cough or throw up because I'm sure it would kill my back. :(

Terra

15 hours ago, dwolfe said:

What a nice present to receive before the Holidays.  Maybe you will be able to approve it the first time and launch in January. Great job !  

Thanks Don! It was great especially since I felt like a little kid waiting for Christmas to come while waiting for them.

If what you suggest happened, that would be awesome, however, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. There is always a rush at this time of the year and things tend to get backed up according to what my publishing assistant told me. But she also said she was going to try to expedite things for me. :)

Terra