Local seo / mixed businesses

So I created a wbesite for my buddy and his garden center. In addition to the normal garden center stuff, he started selling seafood and stuff.  The site ranks for normal stuff,  probably because it's a small town,  but it also ranks for various seafood items for the same reason.  Actually,  I should give myself a little credit because it's not that small a town,  and I managed to get him above the competitive that has been there for a while. 

Anyway,  do I need to start caring at some point that the site content is getting too broad and unfocused?  Site has garden center,  seafood,  and produce items. Should I think about creating a new site for the seafood for example or just keep on trucking? 

(I already hear yukon saying if it ain't broke don't fix it)

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes
27 minutes ago, gnojham said:

So I created a wbesite for my buddy and his garden center. In addition to the normal garden center stuff, he started selling seafood and stuff.  The site ranks for normal stuff,  probably because it's a small town,  but it also ranks for various seafood items for the same reason.  Actually,  I should give myself a little credit because it's not that small a town,  and I managed to get him above the competitive that has been there for a while. 

Anyway,  do I need to start caring at some point that the site content is getting too broad and unfocused?  Site has garden center,  seafood,  and produce items. Should I think about creating a new site for the seafood for example or just keep on trucking? 

(I already hear yukon saying if it ain't broke don't fix it)

It's all food (seafood + produce) so it's relevant and you would want to try and cross sell both types of customers, so I'd leave it alone just for those reasons.

On 5/27/2017 at 5:29 PM, gnojham said:

Lowes has outdoor furniture, wood, power tools, plants, gardening, grills, lighting, bathrooms, kitchen appliances... They rank well locally.

There are car dealerships that sell 4 different makes of cars, do collision repair, auto maintenance, and financing...

Some law firms handle elder care, estate planning, criminal defense, and civil cases... and rank well for all of them.

I don't think you have to worry about going too broad.