Google My Business messaging

Looks like Google turned on a new feature in the US market. If you go into your GMB dashboard, you can turn on messaging. This lets customers send a message through your local listing that you can receive on your phone.

So far, it looks like there is no option to set certain times where it is on or off. That is a little disappointing. 

Has anyone tried it yet? Anyone going to try it?

Grow your online visibility
17 minutes ago, Wirenut said:

I turned it on but I don't see a way to message me in the results page.

Maybe it goes by the business hours?  I'll see if a message link appears tomorrow.

Supposedly it doesn't go by business hours.

You know what, it probably only shows up on mobile devices though.

Yeah, so I only see it when looking at my company on my phone, not computer.  It doesn't show the message button in the 3 pack, only after clicking on my company.  

Clicking on it opened the text messages on my iPhone and inputted a Google phone number into it, which I'm not sure that I like because now they think that is my number, which is isn't.  Calling the number gets the operator saying they could not complete my call.  

Instead of using this message feature, I would rather they just give a button to text to a company cell phone using the company's own number.

4 hours ago, Wirenut said:

Yeah, so I only see it when looking at my company on my phone, not computer.  It doesn't show the message button in the 3 pack, only after clicking on my company.  

Clicking on it opened the text messages on my iPhone and inputted a Google phone number into it, which I'm not sure that I like because now they think that is my number, which is isn't.  Calling the number gets the operator saying they could not complete my call.  

Instead of using this message feature, I would rather they just give a button to text to a company cell phone using the company's own number.

Does the phone number actually show up? I thought I read it wasn't supposed to. You can have it text to any number you want, but no number appears to the customer.

It's very odd.

When I click the message button in my profile it opens my Messages app and opens a new message window with a phone number I don't know entered in.  Then when I send a message it shows the message coming from another phone number that I don't know.  But in the text field it shows the actual phone number I am testing from.