Link Building for small local business

Wirenut

When it comes to link building for small local service businesses, such as plumbers, electrician, locksmiths, etc, are professional SEO's normally finding ways to get good links other than PBN's or directories?  

are those two methods the best way to and what should be focused on?  

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes
19 hours ago, Wirenut said:

When it comes to link building for small local service businesses, such as plumbers, electrician, locksmiths, etc, are professional SEO's normally finding ways to get good links other than PBN's or directories?  

are those two methods the best way to and what should be focused on?  

Those are probably the least time-consuming ways, but not the only ways.

For clients, I try to reach out to local community sites. Chamber of Commerce usually hosts a list of local businesses. It can be worth joining the local Chamber of Commerce for a ton of different reasons, but that is one. Some Chambers suck. Some are a great help to business owners. 

I try to reach out to other businesses that might partner together. For example, a real estate agent usually has a mortgage company and settlement agents they prefer to send business to. Nothing wrong with asking for a link back from them in exchange for all the business they send. 

Not often, but some real estate agents and mortgage companies will also have a page listing local businesses that might be useful to someone just moving into the area. They'll list a few pediatricians, dentists, and sometimes things like car mechanics. Nothing wrong with asking to have plumbers and/or electricians added there.

Nothing to do with SEO, but sometimes they also do a printed welcome package with stuff like that. For a small fee you can get your business listed in there usually.

Some service industries could easily share links too. A plumber probably often sees someone that asks about electrical work and vice versa. Someone might get water in their basement that causes electrical damage, for example. Stuff like that. Now you don't want to get a link from every plumber in the area because if you link out to every plumber it will look disingenuous, but one or two that you can honestly recommend isn't bad. 

I'll also look for local charity events to sponsor. Our town here, for example, has approximately 6,543 5K races in the summertime. I'm just kidding, but it seems like it sometimes. They are always looking for sponsors and will list them on their website. In a lot of these events, you can be a listed sponsor for as little as $50. Sometimes they will also take free stuff they can give away as prizes. At the one I was at recently an HVAC company gave away a free furnace inspection. Not an exciting door-prize, but it got their name out there.

Just a few ideas of the kind of stuff you can look for.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be good to do some outreach or some posts that will allow you to get a link out to very relevant high DA authority sites. In doing so, you can redirect the attention towards your business and in term you will be able to build brand recognition! This would be the main thing that I can think of for local businesses.

1 hour ago, Nathan Ngo said:

It would be good to do some outreach or some posts that will allow you to get a link out to very relevant high DA authority sites. In doing so, you can redirect the attention towards your business and in term you will be able to build brand recognition! This would be the main thing that I can think of for local businesses.

DA has nothing to do with link building. You should ignore it.