Hurricane Claude

Lanfear63

Or Dave or Fred something is (allegedly) going to hit Corpus Christi within 24 hours, get out of Corpus.. In Houston where I am it will be a bad tropical storm they say, lots of wind and rain.. People have been panic buying to batton down the hatches as it should last for about three days, very slow moving. 

Just a storm usually knocks our power out but this time we have a gas mains powered generator which is supposed to kick in within 20 seconds of a power outage and power the whole house including the AC. We will see, it's first test. As prepared as we ever will be.

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

It looks likely to be a long lingering hurricane, making it's way down the coast past Houston, a lot of rain will be dumped, up to 30 inches over several days. We are gonna need a bigger boat. Or as it is now: "You're gonna need a bigger boat" (Mandela Effect)

16 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Or Dave or Fred something is (allegedly) going to hit Corpus Christi within 24 hours, get out of Corpus.. In Houston where I am it will be a bad tropical storm they say, lots of wind and rain.. People have been panic buying to batton down down the hatches as it should last for about three days, very slow moving. 

Just a storm usually knocks our power out but this time we have a gas mains powered generator which is supposed to kick in within 20 seconds of a power outage and power the whole house including the AC. We will see, it's first test. As prepared as we ever will be.

Hey Mark,

I would buckle down there in Houston. I'm truly not trying to be an alarmist but they are saying catastrophic flooding in and around Galveston and Houston. And lives will be lost. Two to Three inches in past has flooded Houston and they are saying over 22 inches possibly.

Seriously, take care

P.S. They are saying possible 10 to 15 inches here in San Antonio which would could be a potential disaster

16 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Or Dave or Fred something is (allegedly) going to hit Corpus Christi within 24 hours, get out of Corpus.. In Houston where I am it will be a bad tropical storm they say, lots of wind and rain.. People have been panic buying to batton down down the hatches as it should last for about three days, very slow moving. 

Mandella effect?

Well, it's really coming down now and has been all night, widespread flooding, no flooding where we live though. We are in a slight elevation. I suspect if we tried to drive out of our neighbourhood though we would not get far. No loss of power and stocked up with food, just going to sit tight for a day or two.

8 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Well, it's really coming down now and has been all night, widespread flooding, no flooding where we live though. We are in a slight elevation. I suspect if we tried to drive out of our neighbourhood though we would not get far. No loss of power and stocked up with food, just going to sit tight for a day or two.

Good to hear, man.

Yeah,  it  looks like many Houstonians got hit hard. Even a nursing home had wheelchair bound people up to their waist in water.

Hey folks...

Taking a break to login today because I've been out-and-about helping people all day and I've become aware of some SCAMS going on...

Please don't send money to any generic fund-raisers, or to anyone you don't know and trust...  The government is already spending billions of your tax dollars on this and for the most part it isn't money that people need... It's just to get past the immediate problems, and to get their heads on straight for their own personal recovery process.

Yes it's true that many people are losing a lot of their possessions, especially vehicles-- But bleeding-heart Liberal that I'm told I am, most people will be getting help through FEMA, insurance, various social & relief organizations, etc.  The vast majority of Houstonians need two things right now:  Some good laughter, and a toughen-up attitude! 

Those with more urgent needs are getting it.  First Responders around here are doing a fantastic job, especially HPD and Harris County-- if anything, they need to be held back some and reminded to make it home at the end of the day...  RIP Sgt. Steve.

On 8/26/2017 at 2:15 AM, yukon said:

What about Claude?

Not too worry, just as long as he stays put, and doesn't untie the rope holding down the tarp, around his waist! :P

On 8/26/2017 at 3:37 AM, Claude Whitacre said:

That's insulting....Now, thanks to you...I am double insulted. It is a burden I can't carry without tacos...or maybe a burrito.....or four burritos.

Good to see that you have cut donuts out of your diet Claude!

:o

Edited by Tagiscom
Reason - Mandela, the vibe, Claude...