Into 2018 and Beyond

It's hard to believe, but the end of the year is fast approaching. 

As we wrap up 2017, I'm making plans for the forum heading into 2018. I have some ideas of things I want to implement and change, but would like to get feedback from everyone in here about what you would like to see changed, what you would like to see more of, or what you would like to see different.

One thing that is going to happen is I am going to cut down the number of subforums. 

Someone asked for a Content Marketing subforum. It has not been posted to in over a year. eCommerce subforum will be gone. They will both be merged into the main discussion area. That will probably actually be done today.

For some of the other areas like SEO... I'm going to create an SEO section that will have subforums under it for local SEO, technical SEO, and a general SEO discussion.

I'm thinking of creating a new Paid Traffic and Advertising section (or name it something else), which will have subcategories for AdWords, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, CPA, etc. The current PPC and CPA sections would be merged into there.

I may still change my mind about this. I might just do a SEO section and put everything under there without the subcategories. Same with the paid traffic section. 

Basically, I want to condense things down a bit. Leaner and lighter without so many sections that do not get utilized.

I'll be updating this post, as a lot has changed in the forum platform since I created that.

In general, I'm opening up the floor for the next few weeks for ideas and suggestions. And if you like everything exactly as it is, that is fine too.

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

I agree completely - I've thought about suggesting that myself in the past as obviously some sections are underused. I like the way you combined things under SEO Chat in the Inner Circle area as well - that makes a lot more sense to me. 

Gotta say, Forum overall is kinda neato — self-streamlinin' month by month like sum hypertoned athlete slippin' on ever sneakier apparel.

For sure, combinin' relatively unpopulated subcategories makes sense, an' yr suggestion for Paid Traffic sounds kinda cool.

You might also wanna consider a Princess Balestra Adoration section where zealots can proffer praise an' general sweetness in exchange for personalized haikus 'bout their pets or spouses.

*kiddin'*

• 2 weeks later...