Sign in to follow this  
MikeTucker

Camtasia?

It's been a while (years!) since I've put any thought at all into making video content...  Is Camtasia still the best software for recording your computer screen and audio, and editing?  Is anyone using it, or another service that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance!

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I still use Camtasia Studio 2 (pretty old version) once in a while to either edit family videos or making video content for clients. Still works great for me.

I've tried a few online services, but haven't been happy with them for various reasons, so I just stick with what works best for me. 

I'm using Camtasia still. I'm using version 8. Version 9 is a paid upgrade.

It's served my needs. I honestly have not shopped around in a while to see if there was anything better out there.

A good source to check out, and I'm sure there are forums out there discussing it, is YouTube video game streamers and content creators. A lot of them are pretty young and put out some really professional looking videos. I can't imagine that all of them have a huge budget for the latest and greatest software, so they might know of something better, but still affordable.

45 minutes ago, Mike Friedman said:

A good source to check out, and I'm sure there are forums out there discussing it, is YouTube video game streamers and content creators. A lot of them are pretty young and put out some really professional looking videos. I can't imagine that all of them have a huge budget for the latest and greatest software, so they might know of something better, but still affordable.

Interesting you brought that up - one of my daughters (she's twelve) is addicted to watching these....

14 minutes ago, BIG Mike said:

Interesting you brought that up - one of my daughters (she's twelve) is addicted to watching these....

Both our kids are. If you had told me when I was a kid that someone could make a full time living from having people watch them play video games all day, I would have thought you were nuts. It's a reality though.

Mike, I still use Camtasia quite a bit for creating software training videos. 

I'm not trying to put together a Hollywood movie when doing them, but love how easy it is to edit out the "ums" or the "oh shit, that wasn't suppose to happen" portions of the training.  haha

I tend to talk slower on video with longer pauses which allows me to cut them out when finished. 

I'm working with a version 8.  I don't really see the need to upgrade at this point with what I am using it for.

Thomas

12 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

Both our kids are. If you had told me when I was a kid that someone could make a full time living from having people watch them play video games all day, I would have thought you were nuts. It's a reality though.

Isn't that how that strange guy Peewdee something got started?  I know he is making millions now.

2 hours ago, ThomasBelknap said:

Isn't that how that strange guy Peewdee something got started?  I know he is making millions now.

Yes. He is one of the more successful examples.  

There are tons of streamers and content creators that are doing quite well, but nowhere to that level.