FTC takes action against deceptive SEO company

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2018/05/ftc-action-halts-deceptive-robocalls-aimed-small-business-owners

The FTC is going after an "SEO company" known as Point Break Media. These assclowns were calling businesses pretending to be Google and telling business owners that they needed to pay them to keep their local places listings showing in Google.

And take a look at this...

According to the FTC’s complaint, in October 2017, the defendants temporarily lost the ability to accept payments by credit card due to high chargeback rates (when consumers dispute credit card transactions).  As a result, they took money, usually $100, from at least 250 of their customers’ checking accounts without the customers’ advance knowledge, consent, or authorization, and with no apparent reason or justification.

• Mike Friedman changed the title to FTC takes action against deceptive SEO company

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

I've been getting a lot of different robocalls on my cell. I deleted about 5 robocall voice mails yesterday. It was everything, from health insurance to debt collection which is funny because I didn't take immediate action.

At least the caller ID works for the robocalls, usually out of state calls from random US states. I also get some from Nova Scotia (damn Canadian bots).

36 minutes ago, yukon said:

I've been getting a lot of different robocalls on my cell. I deleted about 5 robocall voice mails yesterday. It was everything, from health insurance to debt collection which is funny because I didn't take immediate action.

At least the caller ID works for the robocalls, usually out of state calls from random US states. I also get some from Nova Scotia (damn Canadian bots).

I get the health insurance calls a lot. I also was getting the fake Google calls.

I get debt collection calls for someone named Kevin. I don't think they believe me when I tell them they have the wrong number.

1 minute ago, Mike Friedman said:

I get debt collection calls for someone named Kevin. I don't think they believe me when I tell them they have the wrong number.

Lol, because Kevin would also say they have the wrong number.

The debt collection robocalls I get are funny, always dramatic and demanding from a bot voice. Shit, I payed off all my stuff back around 2009 so they can suck it.

These assclowns were calling businesses pretending to be Google and telling business owners that they needed to pay them to keep their local places listings showing in Google.

I get these calls all the time.  They are very deceptive.

I barely ever get out of state robocalls or telemarketers.  They all spoof their phone numbers to a local number.  

1 hour ago, Wirenut said:

I get these calls all the time.  They are very deceptive.

I barely ever get out of state robocalls or telemarketers.  They all spoof their phone numbers to a local number.  

I get calls from every US state... and some from Canada.

I should put a US map on my wall and little pin flags marking each state when I get a robocall, one of those maps like RVers have when traveling, lol.

12 minutes ago, yukon said:

I get calls from every US state... and some from Canada.

I should put a US map on my wall and little pin flags marking each state when I get a robocall, one of those maps like RVers have when traveling, lol.

I'm surprised.  Right now I get a few from Florida, once in a while from "Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada", and one from Arizona- this is the one who calls me twice per week saying how he spoke to me last month and I asked him to call me back when he had something new and exciting lol.  The other 99% of the calls I get are from local numbers.