Social Media Marketing

Grow your online visibility
On 6/20/2018 at 7:01 PM, Krisvertelo said:

Will social media be enough for promoting your business? I have some friends who only rely on social media marketing and I can see that their businesses are doing great. Is still important to do some SEO?

Nothing prevents you from doing both, analyzing the results, and focusing on what works.

In your other thread you asked about agencies. No I do not have an agency, but they can be expensive, depending on what exactly you want done. There are agencies that work with small websites and agencies that work with fortune 500 companies to create web commercials and multi million dollar a month digital advertising campaigns.

Quotes I've gotten before: Quality outreach marketing campaigns for the purpose of earning high quality links: effectively 100-200$ per link. Creating quality content that will earn links: 2,000-3,000$ per page. Quality videos 100-250$ per minute for Youtube/Facebook. Ads from a professional ad creative team 1000$ per ad set and they weren't going to create anything fancy. Hourly rates are typically billed by an agency at around 50$ per hour.

Now with that said. Can you hire a social media manager from a foreign country for 5$ an hour? Sure. But they're just going to do basic things like respond to users, like people, make basic text only posts, post in groups, follow people, and what not. If you have a brand with a specific brand identity that targets a specific audience, is very large and valuable, then I would never recommend you hire somebody for 5$ an hour. You need a professional who is going to try to learn about your audience, learn about your brand, and then build a marketing campaign (ideally from their years of experience that was earned while being surrounded by like minded professionals.)

On 6/20/2018 at 4:01 PM, Krisvertelo said:

Will social media be enough for promoting your business? I have some friends who only rely on social media marketing and I can see that their businesses are doing great. Is still important to do some SEO?

To me, social media should be a part of your marketing, not your only marketing.  They're leaving money on the table.  

You can certainly SEO your social media pages, though.  :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Really depends on the business. For a lot of service oriented businesses, people are not going to be looking for it on YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook. If I want to shop for a new life insurance policy, I'm not going to look for it on Facebook. I'm going to Google.

If I want to find a local bar that people seem to like, I might go to Facebook. Probably Yelp first to be honest. Even Google then. Once I find a place I like, I'll probably follow them on Facebook, but that is very unlikely to be my first point of contact.

• 8 months later...

Social media is a great platform for the promotion of business. If you post your content on a regular basis and engage a good audience for your post then it will the one the best way to generate the organic traffic for your website.
If you want the best social media for promotion of business then, in my opinion, Facebook is one of the best platforms for the promotion of your business. Due to more than 2.35 billion active users and the easiest ad campaign option makes Facebook a great marketing tool.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 4:01 PM, Krisvertelo said:

If you can publish great content to your networks, you did the right thing.
But in my opinion SEO can be very helpful and in many cases useful for your social network.