Sign in to follow this  
Krisvertelo

When your marriage is on the rocks!

2 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Looking for evidence to support a premise inevitably leads to you finding 'evidence" to support your premise....and inevitably ignoring evidence that supports a different premise.. And that's why we have people thinking that ghosts are real. 

This one's a little different. You must understand that that the premise, or the example of it, is first met with a very personal gut reaction, a "yes" I know what that was, and now it has changed. It is not like just reading about or watching a video on say: "Man never went to the moon"  and hearing about the evidence that purports to support that. Now, on that, it's just a case of hmmm, interesting, they made some pertinent points, I will look at further evidence and deliberations.  However, "you don't own it." It's just something you find interesting and you may devote some time to it.  In the back of your mind though, you have a clear memory of  the Jodrell Bank's recording of the descent of the astronauts to the moon's surface. It's not personal.

In some cases, the alleged ME is personal. First you are made aware of the particular history change, that comes first. Then their is your reaction to it. If it is something that you were close too and the memory of it was really ingrained into your mind, then to see it changed is an affront to to your good memory, your sanity even, it is personal. So, you then look for evidence, anecdotal or material to support that it was that way in the past, and you are not going mad, and to get the reaction of  others.

It is not like the man on the moon scenario or just  about any other conspiracy theory you care to mention. They are just interesting, entertaining or laughable. A handful of the ME's are not.

As for Ghosts, I have seen and photographed one on two occasions.  You have not. For me I don't really have to prove their existence, what I have seen on several occasions, in the company of others is as rock solid as any reality you care to put forward. The fact that they showed up on a ccd cameras viewfinder and registered as a physical recording or photograph is yet more proof. 

Just like you though, compelled to debunk stuff and put people right on science and ground them in reality. For me, I have a few, rock solid realities that I get this equally strange compulsion to prove. My quest is just that little more difficult than yours.

You see me post a lot of stuff that I grab off the BBC website and make a case for it. Be aware that 99 percent of the time I'm not convinced or vested into it. Just exploring and having fun.

The above are just a few exceptions.

SEMrush

2 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

This one's a little different. You must understand that that the premise, or the example of it, is first met with a very personal gut reaction, a "yes" I know what that was, and now it has changed. It is not like just reading about or watching a video on say: "Man never went to the moon"  and hearing about the evidence that purports to support that. Now, on that, it's just

I was responding to what you said you were doing.....

On 7/6/2018 at 10:31 PM, Claude Whitacre said:

Nicely handled.

I said the same thing to Riffle once....and then tossed him a towel.

This retort was so bad nobody has posted to the forum in over a day.  So, basically, everything is operating as normal. 

On 7/1/2018 at 2:45 PM, Lanfear63 said:

I mentioned that your parents may have biased views. I would like to add Frank to that list.

At least I know who my parents are.  

7 minutes ago, The AMOL said:

You're completely devoid of class and common human decency,

Pot calls Kettle

You cant even take a quip based on an erroneous statement like happens all the time here.

Attack of the Yukon's?

On 7/6/2018 at 12:41 AM, 100DegreesC said:

I don't often look for relationship advice, but when I do the first place I go is to marketing forums. Always. 

the very reason why I come here 😃.  never wrong