Wonder Woman Movie

The AMOL

Let's start, here. I don't do, 'Superheroes.' As far as Wonder Woman goes, I've had no exposure to this, my entire life. Never read a comic book, never saw the TV show and I have no idea what else was at there concerning this that I may have missed.

Lately, a friend has been constantly haranguing me for having a beautiful 75" Sony 4K TV and a Sonos surround sound system - yet, I don't watch movies. I guess he has a point, but not something I ever gave much thought to.

Once I formally retired, I started dipping my toes into some Netflix offerings and lately, I've started watching some movies, including things that I would never have gone to the theater to see. I've been living or dying via Rotten Tomatoes ratings.

So - I checked out Wonder Woman. When the movie started I was glad that I have the TV that I do. The scenes were visually stunning. The first 10 minutes or so were fine, until the airplane crashes in the water. WTF. It was at that moment that I realized I was obligated to totally suspend belief and critical thinking or I was going to probably be able to pick this apparent monstrosity apart.

So, I did that. No way am I going to write a review of this movie. Since I'm not invested in the franchise, I'm sure that all I would do is raise a few person's hackles. All I can say is this. I enjoyed the hell out of the movie. Sure, I could pick it apart, but why? What would be the point?

I wish someone else had been cast in the male lead. I couldn't stop thinking of how sad it must be, to be the guy they call because Brad Pitt is too old for the role.

Gal Gadot was perfect. They could have just placed a camera on her for two hours and had her doing nothing other than picking her nose and eating it and I wouldn't have gotten up once, for more popcorn.

The giant clash at the end was not as bad as a few of those I have seen over the years, but still a bit tedious.

Did I mention that Gal Gadot is a real babe?

BTW - I also watched two Tom Cruise movies. The last "Mission Impossible" and that one where he was working for the CIA running guns and the cartel running drugs. Both were quite entertaining. Also watched, "3 Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri." Excellent. Loved Woody Harrelson and Frances McDormand gave her usual outstanding performance.

"How It Ends," on Netflix was OK. I think it may have been better than I think.  lol  Too preposterous at times.

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

5 minutes ago, The AMOL said:

BTW - I also watched two Tom Cruise movies. The last "Mission Impossible" and that one where he was working for the CIA running guns and the cartel running drugs. Both were quite entertaining. Also watched, "3 Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri." Excellent. Loved Woody Harrelson and Frances McDormand gave her usual outstanding performance.

The 3 Billboards movie was worth waiting for. Everyone was so flawed..and so heroic in their way. 

Did you get it at the end when they were driving off?  It was a real thinker. 

4 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

The 3 Billboards movie was worth waiting for. Everyone was so flawed..and so heroic in their way. 

Did you get it at the end when they were driving off?  It was a real thinker. 

Yes. I saw that coming and I had mixed feelings, but I get what the director was going for.

Want to know what bugged me, from beginning to end?

There was a perfect sightline of the billboards from her front porch, made possible by a perfectly shaped clearing in the trees. That's the kind of thing that drives me to distraction. Absolutely no reason for that as it wasn't relevant to the plot and a detail-oriented director would have nixed those persnickety shots.

19 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I'm so old that I see a movie made in 2005, and I consider it current. I'm not joking.

2005 was the last time you starred in, as well as directed in your highly successful adult series" "Fat Sex In The City" 

Hmmm, funny how usually, a parody keeps the original name of the film or TV show and then puts a "This Ain't" or something like that in the title too distinguish it

Mandela 

On 8/12/2018 at 12:13 AM, The AMOL said:

Let's start, here. I don't do, 'Superheroes.' As far as Wonder Woman goes, I've had no exposure to this, my entire life. Never read a comic book, never saw the TV show and I have no idea what else was at there concerning this that I may have missed.

Lately, a friend has been constantly haranguing me for having a beautiful 75" Sony 4K TV and a Sonos surround sound system - yet, I don't watch movies. I guess he has a point, but not something I ever gave much thought to.

Once I formally retired, I started dipping my toes into some Netflix offerings and lately, I've started watching some movies, including things that I would never have gone to the theater to see. I've been living or dying via Rotten Tomatoes ratings.

So - I checked out Wonder Woman. When the movie started I was glad that I have the TV that I do. The scenes were visually stunning. The first 10 minutes or so were fine, until the airplane crashes in the water. WTF. It was at that moment that I realized I was obligated to totally suspend belief and critical thinking or I was going to probably be able to pick this apparent monstrosity apart.

So, I did that. No way am I going to write a review of this movie. Since I'm not invested in the franchise, I'm sure that all I would do is raise a few person's hackles. All I can say is this. I enjoyed the hell out of the movie. Sure, I could pick it apart, but why? What would be the point?

I wish someone else had been cast in the male lead. I couldn't stop thinking of how sad it must be, to be the guy they call because Brad Pitt is too old for the role.

Gal Gadot was perfect. They could have just placed a camera on her for two hours and had her doing nothing other than picking her nose and eating it and I wouldn't have gotten up once, for more popcorn.

The giant clash at the end was not as bad as a few of those I have seen over the years, but still a bit tedious.

Did I mention that Gal Gadot is a real babe?

"How It Ends," on Netflix was OK. I think it may have been better than I think.  lol  Too preposterous at times.

nice review