OMG. Can Google please stop changing shit?

The update to Google Analytics was not too drastic. I learned to live with it. Next was Search Console. Okay. I don't log in there every day. Not a huge deal. Then the update to the UI of AdWords (now Google Ads). This one is awful and even though I use AdWords all the time I am still fumbling around the damn thing. I hate it.

And now... Gmail has also changed. It's not terrible, but it looks really weird right now. I'm sure I'll adjust eventually.

</end rant>

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

I need to check out the new gmail Mike.  Outlook just updated their interface and it's just awful!  Not only that, their 'calendar' just reminded me that I have a payment due.  WTF?  Microsoft is now gonna remind me when my bills are due?  I DID NOT and do not use their calendar feature!  

There are more changes and I hate them.  

Yesterday was a great day for bad moods!  The Ides of Aug???  😁

I hate all change. This happens with age. My brain is 57 years old and doesn't like learning new stuff as much as it used to.

But above all other things? I hate the new Adwords interface. I used to glide all around the old one seamlessly. I knew where everything was and how to affect it. I do a lot of screen leaping with clients while I work on their stuff so that they can see what's going on inside their campaigns. As of Friday last week, when the option for reverting to the classic adwords button was removed I started practicing with the new interface and hate it more now than before.

And what they did with the keyword research tool is no less than criminal.

I know Google says it's to make things better. But any time Google changes anything, they change it with one focus. And that's to increase their bottom line.

And HELLO EVERYBODY! I've been away quite awhile and decided to pop in and see what's up these days. Some time back I decided I had to quit reading forums so much and do more work instead. It's good to see this place is still going, and going well.

Gotta figure what constitoots a proactively practical stance toward stoopid frickin' mayhem beyond yr control.

Ain't is always the case when websites announce A WHOLE NOO USER EXPERIENCE that they never pulled in for comment — outta the ZILLIONS questioned — anywan REMOTELY thinks an' feels the same as YOU.

But if'n we ain't flexible, prolly we sunk.

An' for Moi, most times this means powerin' down my irritation c/o a world done gone OTT STOOPID an' figurin' space between the klutzoid zones mebbe invites harmonically vibe peace kinda stuffs.

Stoopidest trick the world ever pulled was CHANGE.

17 hours ago, Blaine said:

I hate all change. This happens with age. My brain is 57 years old and doesn't like learning new stuff as much as it used to.

But above all other things? I hate the new Adwords interface. I used to glide all around the old one seamlessly. I knew where everything was and how to affect it. I do a lot of screen leaping with clients while I work on their stuff so that they can see what's going on inside their campaigns. As of Friday last week, when the option for reverting to the classic adwords button was removed I started practicing with the new interface and hate it more now than before.

And what they did with the keyword research tool is no less than criminal.

I know Google says it's to make things better. But any time Google changes anything, they change it with one focus. And that's to increase their bottom line.

And HELLO EVERYBODY! I've been away quite awhile and decided to pop in and see what's up these days. Some time back I decided I had to quit reading forums so much and do more work instead. It's good to see this place is still going, and going well.

Hey Blaine. Long time, no see. Welcome back.

I have the same issue. I've been on calls with clients and feel borderline incompetent because it takes me a moment to figure out how to get to what I want. I'm sure at least one of them has questioned if I even work with AdWords. Lol.

I guess it will get better over time.

Hope business is going well.

• 5 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 8:44 AM, Mike Friedman said:

Hey Blaine. Long time, no see. Welcome back.

I have the same issue. I've been on calls with clients and feel borderline incompetent because it takes me a moment to figure out how to get to what I want. I'm sure at least one of them has questioned if I even work with AdWords. Lol.

I guess it will get better over time.

Hope business is going well.

Mike it has definitely gotten better with time here on my end. Fact is, I've fallen in love with the new Adwords layout.

Time changes everything.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, Blaine said:

Mike it has definitely gotten better with time here on my end. Fact is, I've fallen in love with the new Adwords layout.

Time changes everything.

I'm certainly much better with it these days, but fallen in love with it? I'm glad you are liking it but I am far away from being in love with it. I wouldn't even have a one-night stand with it yet.