My Divorce

Lanfear63

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Thx people

Life does not always turn out as you plan or think it will go. I used to think that there was such a thing as a soulmate, someone you could spend a lifetime with and be in tune with. My philosophy has changed to being that you can have these special people in your life from time to time, but they are not necessarily for you forever, and you for them If you find one, you are lucky.In the early days, I thought "This is the one, finally" But no, it just was for a time.

I think you pretty much said that you found one in Riffle Claude....Oh I'm sorry, I mean Cheryl. You're a lucky man. 😉

48 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

I might recommend not commenting on your marriage,  Mark. Divorce attorneys are the used car salesmen of the legal profession.  There is no end to the depths they'll stoop.

First of all Iam truly sorry to hear that , Mark. I know a lot of back and forth bantering and roasting goes on here. And has for years. Bit when serious stuff happens I think we all realize that in the end we may just be a little closer than we thoguht. Maybe not lifelong friends like the ones we grew up with in grade school. But for internet friends...well they can be closer than some might think.

Anyway, Dan I took Mark's comments as general ones. Nothing really was  divulged that an Attorney could latch onto and use against him. Just pretty general kind of venting that  Mark's doing. No details of why and how. (That is what I gathered at least)

I think Mark is too intelligent to do that.

41 minutes ago, Dan Riffle said:

I might recommend not commenting on your marriage,  Mark. Divorce attorneys are the used car salesmen of the legal profession.  There is no end to the depths they'll stoop.

Oh, it's already done and dusted about what's going to happen. But I did not plan to go any deeper than that. A few general philosophies about my Impeccable Track Record. 

But thank you for pointing that out.

55 minutes ago, discrat said:

Anyway, Dan I took Mark's comments as general ones. Nothing really was  divulged that an Attorney could latch onto and use against him. Just pretty general kind of venting that  Mark's doing. No details of why and how. (That is what I gathered at least)

I think Mark is too intelligent to do that.

Well,  yes.  I was recommending he keep it that way. He started a thread which,  generally,  are meant to discuss a topic. I was recommending he not do that.

1 hour ago, Dan Riffle said:

Well,  yes.  I was recommending he keep it that way. He started a thread which,  generally,  are meant to discuss a topic. I was recommending he not do that.

I suppose if you want to talk about divorces in general and your experiences with them in the past..always interesting.

It's my first...and last. 

3 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Thx people

Life does not always turn out as you plan or think it will go. I used to think that there was such a thing as a soulmate, someone you could spend a lifetime with and be in tune with. My philosophy has changed to being that you can have these special people in your life from time to time, but they are not necessarily for you forever, and you for them If you find one, you are lucky.In the early days, I thought "This is the one, finally" But no, it just was for a time.

I think you pretty much said that you found one in Riffle Claude....Oh I'm sorry, I mean Cheryl. You're a lucky man. 😉

Sorry to hear that also Mark, and soulmates yes, spent my life trying to find one, got close once, but she had a boyfriend.

Gotta hope you OK, Fearo.

Always, we would wanna walk out with diligence an' heart, expectin' the best from all liaisons.

Or why show up anyplace?

Ain't no fun when stuff don't work out like you wanna ... speshly when mebbe it coulda ... but that don't ever diminish the wishin' for good times an' the desire to fire 'em up.

Whatevah went on in them 15 years is more'n half yours — an' while it mebbe fallowin' out for a while, don't mean next part ain't gowin' noplace.

Challenge for resta us is what kinda existential threat we can administer beyond A NIGHT IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH RIFFLE or AN AFTERNOON IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH RIFFLE AND CLAUDE or 20 MINUTES IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH RIFFLE AND CLAUDE AND WHATTO SINGS gonna stopya makin' with the puns an' the humor.

tbh, i can't see it — so prolly you be OK.

17 hours ago, Tagiscom said:

Sorry to hear that also Mark, and soulmates yes, spent my life trying to find one, got close once, but she had a boyfriend.

Soooooo...you met someone where you were the prefect match for each other..., where you would both be happy...each other's soul mate......it was going great except for that one detail...she wanted to date someone else. 

I've been there, brother...I've been there.

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Soooooo...you met someone where you were the prefect match for each other..., where you would both be happy...each other's soul mate......it was going great except for that one detail...she wanted to date someone else. 

I read your kindle book: "All The Best Ones  Are Already Taken"

7 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Amm, no, she was already in a relationship, but was clearly interested, l pulled back as l didn't want to go down that path.

The feeling you get from a soulmate, is coming home, l got that from her.

I really don't give a shit at this point in time, but maybe kickstarting my career will,.....give me access to a minibar, lol.

B) Such is life.

Your version of "where's waldo"? 

Mark - I think you are right that the 'perfect' person might only be the right person for THAT period of your life..and theirs.  It always hurts,

but sometimes the absence of tension comes as a surprising relief.  Try to stay cool and keep some friendship there - if you can.

4 hours ago, kay king said:

Your version of "where's waldo"? 

Mark - I think you are right that the 'perfect' person might only be the right person for THAT period of your life..and theirs.  It always hurts,

but sometimes the absence of tension comes as a surprising relief.  Try to stay cool and keep some friendship there - if you can.

Hey I'm using an idea you gave me.

It's still really rough but I'm going to demonstrate how I can make money with a website that I drew with crayons. :)

Sorry to hear this, Mark.  I've been there, too. Didn't marry every man I lived with but the split is the same if you are or aren't.  The one I thought I'd grow old with died, so not much you can do to resurrect that - but I'd call myself lucky to have found it at least once in my life. 

As far as the split ups -- I felt so good after it was all over that there was no pain after the situation was ended.  Hope you have the same feeling of happiness when walking into your new stage of life. 

1 hour ago, HeySal said:

Sorry to hear this, Mark.  I've been there, too. Didn't marry every man I lived with but the split is the same if you are or aren't.  The one I thought I'd grow old with died, so not much you can do to resurrect that - but I'd call myself lucky to have found it at least once in my life. 

As far as the split ups -- I felt so good after it was all over that there was no pain after the situation was ended.  Hope you have the same feeling of happiness when walking into your new stage of life. 

Thank you Sal, and it's good to hear from you too, Glad you found one.

So how the bloody well are you? Keeping that body strong, well fed and cleansed I hope?