google web sites / keywords

gnojham

so, every now and then i get an email from google about my buddies business. i created and host his business website for him because its simple enough and he knows nothing about computers. its not the greatest site ever, but it does the job and i never have time to improve it really. anyway...

so i get the emails, one talks about 'check what keywords are triggering page views' or something like that.

i click and it opens analytics and sure enough it opens to a view that lists various keywords and how many pageviews and how many clicks and some other things. i was at work so i only looked at it for a couple seconds and since i havent been involved much, i didnt go back (not even now, lol). i seem to recall that a few years or so back, they stopped showing you keywords. did they bring it back? or am i mistaken about them removing keywords from analytics?

the other email im curious about was a gmb email, i go to the dashboard and theres a spot to create a webpage(website?) using gmb. i created a draft just to see, and while it wasnt the greatest thing ever, it wasnt the worst thing i ever saw. it could probably be tweeked to look presentable. my question is, wouldnt these gmb created sites be set up perfectly to match everything google is looking for? 

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Don't do the GMB website thing. That was a feature they added mostly for developing countries where businesses may find it difficult to afford hosting and web design. It's useless for anyone that has a website.

As for the Analytics thing, Google does not show keyword data in Analytics, or very, very limited keyword data. They do show it in Search Console, which you can link to Analytics.