What has kept you from running an AdWords campaign?

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

17 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

I am working on some content for AdWords, and I am curious to those who have never run an AdWords campaign what has kept you from doing so?

I would also be interested in hearing from those who have run them but stopped running them and haven't gone back to them in at least a few years.

Thanks

I've never run an AdWords campaign Mike.  I think my reason was being afraid of screwing it up (all the horror stories out there) and wasting money on it.  I know there's a million tutorials out there, but who do you trust?  

Other reason would be not knowing enough about what to expect to pay for an ad.  I know it depends on your targeted keyword(s), but justifying the budget to a client when their feedback is normally "I've always heard AdWords is a waste of time and money..."    Or, they have spent money in the past and gained nothing therefore believe it will always be that way.  

Mike, I think many people (as well as I did when starting out) struggle getting that ad spend back quickly enough.  I noticed a lot of people who had trouble was also selling a low cost item and didn't seem to have a sales funnel to help recoup those ad costs.  

I would have loved to go through a course that showed the whole process.  Starting out with keywords to quality scores to landing pages (with testing) to running those leads through a sales funnel.  Most of the course I have gone through never really touched on it and I think it is very important if you want people to be successful.   You sort of have to piece it together through multiple courses and many people have a hard time connecting those dots.