Sign in to follow this  
mki

Alex Becker Claims to Quit Youtube

Alex Becker recently made a video (I only check his channel when I'm bored and waiting for something like ad approval and it's been months since I checked obviously as this video isn't new) where he claims he quit YouTube. He made a few videos after that but it certainly seems like he's done for the most part.

He gave some explanation as to why that sort of makes sense but I take everything the guy says with a grain of salt as I wasn't born yesterday.

I recently also tried to sign up to his mailing list just to see what the guy sends out and I was not able to get any of my free email accounts on to his mailing list.

Now I'm not dumb, people like Alex don't stop doing what they're doing because it's making them money.

Theories:

Lawsuit, lost credit card processor, lost ad account, drugs, personal relationship problems, or he lost a major part of his audience when he started making politically charged videos.

The very last one is pretty high up on the list of internet marketing rules. Being controversial is fine, but unless the people who became part of the audience did so because of a political affiliation, it's extremely important not to bifurcate your audience by becoming political after they join. Seriously, ranting about SJWs and fascism is stupid to an audience of people who want to start an ecommerce business.

SEMrush

Yeah, I'm sure there is something more going on. 

Might just be tired of making video rehashing the same stuff over and over. 

Could also being tired of having to constantly relaunch himself. Every time he releases a new product he has to rebuild his reputation. You'll see a ton of "amazing" reviews initially from all the affiliates. A couple of months later the real reviews start coming out and they generally are not positive. At some point, seeing your name dragged through the dirt so often has to take a toll on you.

For as much money as he has dumped into advertising and as much content as he has put out there, he really is kind of small on YouTube. He has 350,000+ subscribers. Nothing to sneeze at, but in the world of YouTube that is not a big number. He does have almost more than Neil Patel and Brian Dean combined though, so kudos to him for that.

I wouldn't be shocked too if he is just going into more private coaching. He could make a lot of money there. I don't think he generally offers much value on the nuts and bolts of how to do something, especially SEO related, but I do think he probably has a lot to share that people would find useful in the areas of mindset, motivation, managing people, general marketing, and running a business.

1 minute ago, ThomasBelknap said:

Thanks guys.  I didn't know who this person was so I checked out his channel.  Now I'm getting video ads from him every time I try to watch a friggin video.  lol

Oh yeah, for someone that "quit YouTube", he is still doing a ton of advertising on there.

2 minutes ago, ThomasBelknap said:

He just wanted to give me some free software.  I'm sure he is just wanting to give back because he is so successful.

Yeah, isn't that what every product seller wants to do? They aren't interested in making any money. They just want to give back to the community. :rolleyes:

I feel like there was a time at WF where just about every WSO started with some story like that.

27 minutes ago, Mike Friedman said:

Yeah, isn't that what every product seller wants to do? They aren't interested in making any money. They just want to give back to the community. :rolleyes:

I feel like there was a time at WF where just about every WSO started with some story like that.

At least I now know what I've been doing wrong.  I've been selling my software.  I'm going to give it away for free and become a millionaire and do videos in the neighbor's garage next to his lambo.   Hopefully he won't find out.

5 minutes ago, ThomasBelknap said:

At least I now know what I've been doing wrong.  I've been selling my software.  I'm going to give it away for free and become a millionaire and do videos in the neighbor's garage next to his lambo.   Hopefully he won't find out.

Lol.

In fairness, I think that Lambo does actually belong to Alex. It's hard to argue that he hasn't made money. What has always been in question with him is if what he sells is worth the price. He has some products that have been some real turds. Several years ago before he became so popular he was banned on WF for not honoring refund requests on one of them.

8 minutes ago, Mike Friedman said:

Lol.

In fairness, I think that Lambo does actually belong to Alex. It's hard to argue that he hasn't made money. What has always been in question with him is if what he sells is worth the price. He has some products that have been some real turds. Several years ago before he became so popular he was banned on WF for not honoring refund requests on one of them.

I didn't know he was on the WF.  I never heard of the guy until this thread.   

I tend to believe If you put out enough products, then there will be a good chance some will be turds.  I look back at some of my older products and feel a little embarrassed.  My only saving grace was continuing to work on most of them to make them better.    I still had enough WTF moments.

I had one customer tell me he was surprised I stuck with it for all of those years.  I think I've been working on my core stuff for 10 years now.   I didn't really think about it because I don't want to be chasing sales with product after product.  I had more synergy working on what I had compared to trying to build something entirely different.   

1 hour ago, ThomasBelknap said:

I tend to believe If you put out enough products, then there will be a good chance some will be turds.  I look back at some of my older products and feel a little embarrassed.   

Yeah, about that: are you still honoring refund requests?

2 hours ago, ThomasBelknap said:

I didn't know he was on the WF.  I never heard of the guy until this thread.   

Yeah, he was banned back before Freelancer bought the site. Those idiots went and invited back 90% of the sellers who had been caught scamming people. 

1 hour ago, Dan Riffle said:

Yeah, about that: are you still honoring refund requests?

In case any potential Cueball customers see this, the comment above was a joke.  Thomas puts out quality products. I can't,  however, speak to his earlier products as I was probably in kindergarten or something. 

2 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

Yeah, he was banned back before Freelancer bought the site. Those idiots went and invited back 90% of the sellers who had been caught scamming people. 

I got a 6 to 7 month ban when I said the Freelancer buyout was a great case study on what not to do.  Gabriel didn't appreciate my opinions.  haha  

9 minutes ago, ThomasBelknap said:

I got a 6 to 7 month ban when I said the Freelancer buyout was a great case study on what not to do.  Gabriel didn't appreciate my opinions.  haha  

It was bad before him, but yeah, he was definitely the worst. 

Problem with faux celebrity burnout is how it is not short & sweet like it usedta be.

Even in its impossiblest nuthingness it is seemingly FOREVAH.

tbh I favor asshole smackdown in advance ... on a kinda pre-emptive strike ticket.

Which is why I would forevah wanna chill out in the tub with a decent book while Imbeciles Anonymous hoist 'emselves from thier own deloosional petards kinda incognito.

"Ripple not against my flesh

all ye whose waters

are essentially

mlehsh."

9 hours ago, ThomasBelknap said:

Thanks guys.  I didn't know who this person was so I checked out his channel.  Now I'm getting video ads from him every time I try to watch a friggin video.  lol

Just press the little blue x button in the ad.