GMB Spam Report Form Launched by Google

Not sure if anyone saw this, but Google launched a new Google My Business spam complaint form.

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-my-business-spam-report-form-27183.html

It's supposed to be used for GMB listings that lead to fraudulent or misleading content. 

I know there are a lot of people out there making a living with fake GMB listings that are generating leads they sell off. I would imagine competitors are going to use this form to report those listings. I wouldn't be surprised if Google uses this data to crowd source a solution to those local lead generating listings. 

If that is your only source of income, I would start diversifying now.

• 5 months later...

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

On 3/4/2019 at 8:30 AM, Wunderkind said:

Not sure if anyone saw this, but Google launched a new Google My Business spam complaint form.

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-my-business-spam-report-form-27183.html

It's supposed to be used for GMB listings that lead to fraudulent or misleading content. 

I know there are a lot of people out there making a living with fake GMB listings that are generating leads they sell off. I would imagine competitors are going to use this form to report those listings. I wouldn't be surprised if Google uses this data to crowd source a solution to those local lead generating listings. 

If that is your only source of income, I would start diversifying now.

I know in a couple of Facebook groups I am in, people were saying last month that tons of their GMB's got taken down. The spam complaint form seems to be working as intended. That local lead generation model is going to get a lot harder.