High School put on Alien as school play

Mike Friedman

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

Back in 92 there was an "Alien Experience" called Alien Wars on in the UK. I went to "experience" it in Glasgow it was in the arches under Central Station, these are disused warehouse spaces. Currently used as a car park https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3788397. When I was waiting in the queue to go in there was a crowd of people came sprinting out of the attraction screaming their heads off, thought it can't be that scary?????

Went in and was given a "briefing" by a colonial marine, we were settlers on the lower basement area of LV-426. There was an infestation of Aliens and the marine was tasked with getting us to the surface to get on board a rescue ship, so far so good.

We started off on our journey, the tunnels were dark with some pools of light, every so often you could hear a noise or get the sense something was moving close to you. The tension was electric, the marine really built the story about what was going on, we saw a couple of alien tails going round corners, I could feel my pulse start to race. a bit. A couple had brought their young child with them, said child was now hysterical, feeding off of the tension in the group. The marine had to take us to a store cupboard and get us to wait whilst he got the couple and child out, me I would have shot the parents for being stupid. He came back we had another couple of run in's with Aliens and finally got to the lift. We got in and started up the way, the lighting and effects were really good you got a real sense of movement. Too easy.... the marine's movement detector beeped, he took it from his belt, it beeped again. 10m .... beep 9m ....beep, 7,6,5,4,3,2 .... it's outside the life. Cue lights going out lift shuddering to a halt. beep 1m, marine shouts it's inside the lift. Pulls his pistol fires it and the Alien is hanging over the top of him he pushes it away and tells us to run, we did Usain Bolt would have struggled to keep up with the slowest of us as we ran screaming down the hall to the exit, to the bemused look of the next group of people. 

Have never been more terrified in my entire life.

Wikipedia link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_War

1 hour ago, watman said:

Back in 92 there was an "Alien Experience" called Alien Wars on in the UK. I went to "experience" it in Glasgow it was in the arches under Central Station, these are disused warehouse spaces. Currently used as a car park https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3788397. When I was waiting in the queue to go in there was a crowd of people came sprinting out of the attraction screaming their heads off, thought it can't be that scary?????

Went in and was given a "briefing" by a colonial marine, we were settlers on the lower basement area of LV-426. There was an infestation of Aliens and the marine was tasked with getting us to the surface to get on board a rescue ship, so far so good.

We started off on our journey, the tunnels were dark with some pools of light, every so often you could hear a noise or get the sense something was moving close to you. The tension was electric, the marine really built the story about what was going on, we saw a couple of alien tails going round corners, I could feel my pulse start to race. a bit. A couple had brought their young child with them, said child was now hysterical, feeding off of the tension in the group. The marine had to take us to a store cupboard and get us to wait whilst he got the couple and child out, me I would have shot the parents for being stupid. He came back we had another couple of run in's with Aliens and finally got to the lift. We got in and started up the way, the lighting and effects were really good you got a real sense of movement. Too easy.... the marine's movement detector beeped, he took it from his belt, it beeped again. 10m .... beep 9m ....beep, 7,6,5,4,3,2 .... it's outside the life. Cue lights going out lift shuddering to a halt. beep 1m, marine shouts it's inside the lift. Pulls his pistol fires it and the Alien is hanging over the top of him he pushes it away and tells us to run, we did Usain Bolt would have struggled to keep up with the slowest of us as we ran screaming down the hall to the exit, to the bemused look of the next group of people. 

Have never been more terrified in my entire life.

Wikipedia link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_War

Sounds like that was very well done. 🙂

A visit to The Sweeper Store in Wooster has a similar effect.

17 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Sounds like that was very well done. 🙂

A visit to The Sweeper Store in Wooster has a similar effect.

It was, for me Alien is probably the best suspense horror of all time, the filmography is fantastic. You see so little of the actual Alien, that you have to imagine what it's like. This means you have to go deep into, the darker parts, your subconscious mind to get those images. Alien War managed to replicate that to a T, the set was minimalist mainly dark sheets of material, crappy sliding doors etc. but the experience was more about what wasn't there that you had to mentally fill in.

Dear Diary,

I am multitaskin' loneliness an' THE FRICKIN' HOTS so expertly rn mebbe I could use a desperado SUCKMONSTAH wants to HANG OUT ON MY FACE.

Respect I don't wanna choke as I suffocate half to death from yr smother & prolly I play out OK.

I am warm-hearted an' kinda dinky ... but way diffrent mebbe from CATS, whereby we all musical theaterly dress up at random.

Gotta figure as you pick up your kids an' go home for celebratory pizza how memes an' dreams coexist as SEEMS all kinda momentarialistic.

Worst fyooture scenario evah says we done forever now with the "school play".

Less'n sumone figures it so darn key to stuff it worth hijackin'.

Meantimes, we exchange stories between ourselves so we got touch on a Cosmos beyond our control.

Jus' gotta hope the Moms nevah got squirted too panty-deep in their own "AW MY GOSH, SHE GOTTA PLAY GOOD ON THAT STOMACH BURSTING DEAL" maple syrup bank overdraft deal.