Ahrefs vs. Majestic

I get asked frequently which of these tools I prefer for checking links.

For some time I preferred Majestic because even though I'm not a believer in 3rd party metrics, theirs were clearly better than the ones at Ahrefs and lightyears ahead of anything from Moz. If I want to get an impression of something at a glance, TF and CF were okay to use.

For a long time, Ahrefs has had the bigger index, but when I compare domains between them, what I often found was that both found the same quality links. Ahrefs was just crawling deeper and finding more of the spammy or lower quality stuff. 

A couple of years ago, I switched to Ahrefs though because of the suite of options they offer. Majestic is basically still just a link checker, where Ahrefs has a lot more tools for keyword research, audits, etc.

All of that being said, I don't really follow Matthew Woodward these days, but an interesting post popped up in my Facebook feed today.

https://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/experiments/ahrefs-majestic-seo-1-million-domain-showdown/

The part of it that is most interesting and I would recommend looking at is how Majestic over inflates its link counts. If you are considering one of these tools or are a current subscriber to Majestic, I would take a peak at this.

Grow your online visibility