Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear63

Fed Up With The Other Place

SEMrush
On 6/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, Dan Riffle said:

It's nothing more than pure chance.  It just seems relevant to you because it happened to you.  On a macro scale,  it was bound to happen and probably to a high percentage of people.  

Read the discussion I linked to. Hell, buy the book.  I did. 

I just got the book this morning. I went to put it in my library...and saw that I had bought the book a few years ago, and forgot.

This is why I hate you. 

2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Your dementia makes my heart smile. 

I can't wait for my dementia to get to the point where I forget that you exist. 

Added later; I want to know what you think about this..

As soon as I saw Logan, my interest in the X-Men waned considerably. It was such a perfect sad ending to a fantastic run (in my opinion). And seeing Avengers Endgame was a near perfect fan experience to the MCU. Again, in my opinion.

Sure, I'll see the new Spider man movie...and whatever else anyone throws at us, I'm still a fan, if for no other reason than nostalgia...

But that chill I used to feel, anticipating seeing Captain America and the Avengers again....that's gone.

What do you think? After you have your say, I'll ask someone whose opinion matters.

Cool as I am with rational argument debated to perfection between intellectual savants on a mission,my Inner Hotsy demands you guys slug this baby out in a bathtub fulla lukewarm Ben & Jerrys ... sportin' equally hot dinky thongwear of your choice.

To paraphrase Walt Whitman, "why force the impossible to leap through ever vanishin' hoops when the gal sittin' nextya desprit to smooshie her lips all ovah yr chops?"

6 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

As soon as I saw Logan, my interest in the X-Men waned considerably. It was such a perfect sad ending to a fantastic run (in my opinion). And seeing Avengers Endgame was a near perfect fan experience to the MCU. Again, in my opinion.

Sure, I'll see the new Spider man movie...and whatever else anyone throws at us, I'm still a fan, if for no other reason than nostalgia...

But that chill I used to feel, anticipating seeing Captain America and the Avengers again....that's gone.

What do you think? After you have your say, I'll ask someone whose opinion matters.

First, no one will ever convince me that Logan shouldn't have been nominated for Best Picture. I don't think it should have won,  but it should have been nominated. 

I've been over the X-Men movies for awhile.  They've never really been done correctly.  

The MCU, however,  has been sublime; basically everything I ever wanted, so I get what you're saying.  Now that superhero movies have been done right, they're nothing more than just another genre.  

However,  I still dream of a Spider-Man movie that doesn't disappoint me.  I'm hoping Far From Home is the answer,  but I'm not holding my breath. 

11 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I can't wait for my dementia to get to the point where I forget that you exist. 

To see the comic book characters of your youth come to life like that, and just not in a corny way must have been amazing to you, for a while anyway. Good storylines, well acted. etc.

So it's a double whammy. really. It met and exceeded your expectations of them and fulfilled your fantasies. But, once the deed was done it became more of the same. It became mundane  

Star Wars was fresh and exciting when it came out, sfx at the time was not bad either although looking cheesy now. More of the same ensued. It has become mundane.

Once you have experienced all this to its full potential, you move onto something else fresh. It's human nature.    

11 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

To see the comic book characters of your youth come to life like that, and just not in a corny way must have been amazing to you, for a while anyway. Good storylines, well acted. etc.

So it's a double whammy. really. It met and exceeded your expectations of them and fulfilled your fantasies. But, once the deed was done it became more of the same. It became mundane  

Star Wars was fresh and exciting when it came out, sfx at the time was not bad either although looking cheesy now. More of the same ensued. It has become mundane.

Once you have experienced all this to its full potential, you move onto something else fresh. It's human nature.    

Yes, they were a fantasy as a kid. We all have our mythologies. Some have religion, some have sports heroes, some have real people from history. I had comic book heroes.

And with the DC movies, you are right, it was just seeing my heroes on screen. But the Marvel movies are different. Seeing Captain America say corny lines about truth and justice....gave me a chill. After ten years of seeing these actors embody my heroes...I cried (as quietly as possible) when Logan was buried...when Captain America faced Thanos and his army..alone....When CA lifted and cause Thor's hammer...and said "Avengers Assemble" (I waited years to hear those words), and Tony Stark said "And I am Iron Man" and snapped his fingers. 

It's that I know these characters and actors aren't going to be seen again. and especially the last two Avengers movies were masterfully written and directed. 

And Star Wars movies? As long as they are as well made as the first three...I could watch them forever.

14 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

However,  I still dream of a Spider-Man movie that doesn't disappoint me.  I'm hoping Far From Home is the answer,  but I'm not holding my breath. 

The appearances of Tom Holland as Spiderman have always impressed me. What impressed my with the first Spiderman movie was the costume and special effects. But Holland is perfect casting, in my opinion.  The last Spiderman movie, with Tony Stark was well done, I though. it hit plenty of emotional beats.

My wife didn't like any of the Spiderman movies until she saw Holland as Peter Parker. 

She must really be turned on by short younger guys with a squeaky voice.....so...that means you have a shot. 

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

The appearances of Tom Holland as Spiderman have always impressed me. What impressed my with the first Spiderman movie was the costume and special effects. But Holland is perfect casting, in my opinion.  The last Spiderman movie, with Tony Stark was well done, I though. it hit plenty of emotional beats.

My wife didn't like any of the Spiderman movies until she saw Holland as Peter Parker. 

She must really be turned on by short younger guys with a squeaky voice.....so...that means you have a shot. 

Spiderdan "With great insults, comes great irresponsibility"

20 minutes ago, Lanfear63 said:

Spiderdan "With great insults, comes great irresponsibility"

Claude does have a second job, and they are allowed to bring pets.

9tGsFV1.jpg

I believe that he is referred to as number 1, but he can also do number 2's.

:P

On 6/27/2019 at 7:35 PM, Dan Riffle said:

First, no one will ever convince me that Logan shouldn't have been nominated for Best Picture. I don't think it should have won,  but it should have been nominated. 

I've been over the X-Men movies for awhile.  They've never really been done correctly.  

The MCU, however,  has been sublime; basically everything I ever wanted, so I get what you're saying.  Now that superhero movies have been done right, they're nothing more than just another genre.  

So Dan, pretty impressive reviews what, what, what. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spider_man_far_from_home/

2 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

I've begat 2.

You: One. 

Score?

The only reason your wife got pregnant is that they don't make condoms in petite sizes.

And ..you may call it a score....your wife calls it ...work.

As myootually agreed self-abuse exotica goes (as a niche kinda WANNA), this thread reads like the sheen on Perseus' shield swang in Medoosa's favor so's the dooped (despite evident empowerment stuffs) PATSY got trashed steada the gal who was jus' heya sweetie takin' care of her hair an' stuff.

Natchrly this means I would only evah be banned from Sparta for reasons ain't taaawtwilly way STOOPID.

Call me an optimist, but I got my own perspective on Armageddon tyvm.

Mebbe one day ima figure sum way cool tattoo person to slap the truth either side of my whammyhole as REASONS TO BE UNCANNILY MOODINESS-AVERSE rendered as Pemnint Ink runes nowan can actschwlly decipher when I bend ovah at swimmin' prior to plungin' into liquid yummy makes me wanna frond out like a jellyfish feeler array kissin' on saltilicious whatevah.

Like Atilla the Hun said, "We are always the person we are, interacting the best we can with the circumstances in which we find ourselves — forever mindful that all fellow humans share our plight equally totally ... or not at all. But FFS I am so pissed I HAPPENED before BURGERS I wanna fuckin' DIE."

On 6/23/2019 at 11:13 PM, Tagiscom said:

You sure l have 1000 martian fluffy bunny images all ready? :P

And  no, l wasn't responsible.

:deadhorse:

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that one. 

None of the other mods spend any time here. Most of the mods their don't give two shits about the off-topic area, and for good reason. 

Anyway, we watched Spider-Man Far From Home today. Probably the best Spider-man movie. Right up there with Avengers Infinity War and Endgame. And it's the conclusion of the MCU series with The Avengers. Stay for 2 end credits scenes.

6 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Anyway, we watched Spider-Man Far From Home today. Probably the best Spider-man movie. Right up there with Avengers Infinity War and Endgame. And it's the conclusion of the MCU series with The Avengers. Stay for 2 end credits scenes.

That bad, eh, thanks for the heads up.

B)