Grammar Nazi

whateverpedia

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

Have you read Claude's book about the early years where he struggled to get some sales: "I'm Camp" It was written under a pen name: Bic Whitacre.

He talks about his alcohol addiction where every night he would go out and get Blitzed.  

Interesting fact: Germans used to pay their Grammerly subscriptions in Exclamation Marks

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I was reading the book Ordinary Men.  It talks about how normal people, like all of us....could slowly get comfortable with the slaughter of millions. Some even participating.

A real study in human nature, the herd instinct, and how public opinion can slowly change us into monsters.

We have been slaughtering and maiming each other since time in memorium. Does the fact that it is now reported and publicised better turn us all into monsters?  Sure, we will get sanitised to it but I don't think it will encourage more people to want to do it. "proportionately" Most of us want a sedentary, happy and peaceful life. When we see that people do shootings we must realize that most of them get shot dead or locked away for the rest of their lives. So, even if some of us are a little fanatical, unless they accept that their life is going to end in one way or another, they don't to it. 

As for public opinion. We made great strides ending racism, fanaticism etc, putting laws into place over the last 50 years or so. Now it seems there is a retreat from the tolerance and acceptance of other races and nations. Most of it is out of fear brought on by terrorist attacks. We are becoming scared and fearful for our safety.  Some start listening too and joining splinter groups but if you add them all up, it does not amount to that many participants of the population as a whole.

I remember being at senior school when the Hippy Movement came and went on leading an ordinary life while I watched it all happen. that's what the majority do most of the time, just watch these things come and go.