Your Favorite Horror/Action Movies

Tagiscom

Here are mine....

Brilliant acting, and even to this day, having watched this since l was a kid, l still see stuff that l missed.

Silent Running, which is probably more horror, eventhough it was done on a shoestring, and they are doing a remake, and it has a happy ending, lol.

And this of course, which is a comedy. :P

Love it, but no fluffy bunnies!

Which are yours?

:P

Edited by Tagiscom
Testing a supposition

Run a Full Website Scan in Minutes

In 1973 I saw The Exorcist in a theater. The entire movie, I couldn't move. I couldn't look away. i was terrified. At the end of the movie, the entire packed theater got up...and silently walked out of the theater. Nobody said a word. 

The second scarriest movie I ever saw was Exorcist 3. George C. Scott absolutely sold it. Nearly all the movie was seeing horror through other people's expressions. A truly terrifying movie.

I saw The Exorcist again, with my adult Son a decade or so ago, and it was like a different movie. Not scary to me at all (or to my Son). I suspect in 1973, our expectations were different. 

47 minutes ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I suspect in 1973, our expectations were different. 

I've heard tales of how people fainted during the shower scene in Psycho back in 1960. That's despite the fact there's nothing graphic about it. The horror was a result of people using their imagination, rather than showing it in gory detail (which would happen if that movie was made today).

Ironically, if it had shown it in graphic detail with lots of blood and guts, the scene would've been nowhere near as powerful.

2 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

In 1973 I saw The Exorcist in a theater. The entire movie, I couldn't move. I couldn't look away. i was terrified. At the end of the movie, the entire packed theater got up...and silently walked out of the theater. Nobody said a word. 

The second scarriest movie I ever saw was Exorcist 3. George C. Scott absolutely sold it. Nearly all the movie was seeing horror through other people's expressions. A truly terrifying movie.

I saw The Exorcist again, with my adult Son a decade or so ago, and it was like a different movie. Not scary to me at all (or to my Son). I suspect in 1973, our expectations were different. 

I saw The Omen when I was young and more impressionable. It was not that it was gory or anything, it was the premise of the movie and that it might just have some truth in it that scared me.

That beautifully designed and wonderfully timed  bit at the end of the original Carrie movie was my most shocking experience in a film of that nature.

8 hours ago, Lanfear63 said:

Interesting fact...all Adult Features are known as "Repetitive Action Movies" Even the audience gets involved

True, Cladette feature films are repetitive, and require steam cleaning afterwards.

3 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

This one scared the hell out of me when l was a kid. But now, l have to admit it is funny more than anything, (pretty obvious that the vein thing is rubber).

19 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

I've heard tales of how people fainted during the shower scene in Psycho back in 1960. That's despite the fact there's nothing graphic about it. The horror was a result of people using their imagination, rather than showing it in gory detail (which would happen if that movie was made today).

Ironically, if it had shown it in graphic detail with lots of blood and guts, the scene would've been nowhere near as powerful.

It's not the gore that terrifies you...it's the anticipation.

The shark in Jaws wouldn't work well in water, so they had to shoot the movie by showing the expressions of the terrified people, and the anticipation of seeing the shark made the film much scarier.

The reviews of the new Invisible Man movie say much the same thing. For nearly the whole movie, you don't see the Invisible Man, but the anticipation of whether he's there or not is overwhelming. I may see the movie just for that idea.

7 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

The shark in Jaws wouldn't work well in water, so they had to shoot the movie by showing the expressions of the terrified people, and the anticipation of seeing the shark made the film much scarier.

The reviews of the new Invisible Man movie say much the same thing. For nearly the whole movie, you don't see the Invisible Man, but the anticipation of whether he's there or not is overwhelming. I may see the movie just for that idea.

Seriously you would spend money on this Claude....

Where is the brilliant scientist, secret lab, and cool computer CGI?

Even when this comes on Free to Air, and l have to choose between washing pets, AU Survivor, cooks throwing knives and Harry Potter, l would watch, ar, screw it, l would rent something.

7 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

You are going to see the invisible man?

I so love the scene in The Shining where the impossibly manic Jack Nicholson terrorizes the frick outta the planet by breakin' down a door with an axe.

As the hapless gal squeals, "Riffle, Riffle, plz save me! With your cavalier beard & incisive wit! Surely you can talk this monster down!" — don't you jus' wanna thank her for how she overts oblivion?

In anothah cut, she jus' home watchin' TV bcs she took Claude at his word nevah to run with stoopid stuff. Hence no horror — merely the eternal numbness of perpetual stability.

In the Whatto version, Nicholson got ate by KILLAH SPIDAHS way before he quit shavin' — an' no anti-axe door gonna keep 'em from BITIN' YOU ALL OVAH.

Alternatively, 'half past nine' means darkest midnight came real early — an' you unprepared for the reaper's ultimate advance.

Course, the Fearo version is simply clevah wordplay. Which is why THE SHIRING foreshadows a horror fyooture where evry cultural reference vampin' your ass originates in the Yookay.

For my part, I would want always to run with actschwaan rather than horror — which is why color co-ordinatin' my sneakers with resta my outfit is so important to Moi.

Gotta figure that is why Mall Death Brain Explosion Fuck gonna be the next horror movie winnah.

You Don't Need A War To Kill

You Don't Need A Zombie Apocalypse To Destroy

You Don't Need An Unforgiving God To Annihilate

All it takes is a Mall.

A Whole bunch of Random Styling.

And a Millennial Who Can't Take The Mismatch No More!

3 hours ago, Dan Riffle said:

Spoken like the true Parliamentary cur you are. 

Nobody calls me a Parliamentary cur and gets away with it!

Except that one guy once, that called me a Parliamentary cur and then ran away...I guess he got away with it.

But most people who call me a Parliamentary cur don't get away with it.

Actually, that guy who got away with it is the only guy that ever called me a Parliamentary cur.

So, after today..only half the people who have called me a Parliamentary cur will have gotten away with it.

So there!

Possibly my favorite Family Guy scene.

5 hours ago, Claude Whitacre said:

Nobody calls me a Parliamentary cur and gets away with it!

Except that one guy once, that called me a Parliamentary cur and then ran away...I guess he got away with it.

But most people who call me a Parliamentary cur don't get away with it.

Actually, that guy who got away with it is the only guy that ever called me a Parliamentary cur.

So, after today..only half the people who have called me a Parliamentary cur will have gotten away with it.

So there!

Possibly my favorite Family Guy scene.

I would never call you a Parliamentary cur, a stable Parliamentary cur is different.