It's time for a laugh

whateverpedia

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, whateverpedia said:

EyF6U0JUYAEdU47?format=png&name=small#im

I once belonged to a Mastermind Group. About 12 successful business owners. we met once a month and helped each other in our businesses. I was the one person who wasn't a very conservative Republican.

They were talking about  Obama (this was when he was President) and their feared tax increases......., and how it would kill jobs. 

I said "Wait! We all own businesses. We all pay taxes and have employees. Let's imagine for a moment that all of us no longer had to pay taxes of any kind. We all now pay zero taxes. Now...raise your hand if you will use that money to hire more people?"

Nobody raised their hand.

i said "That's right. None of us. We don't hire people because we have the money. We hire people when the demand for our services and products increases until we have to hire more people to meet demand".

We all agreed. And we never heard that argument again. 

I'm joking, I heard it again from the same guys months later, when the subject of taxes came up again. I even heard it this morning, repeated several times like it was Gospel..on Meet The Press. 

Humans. 

1 hour ago, Claude Whitacre said:

I once belonged to a Mastermind Group. About 12 successful business owners. we met once a month and helped each other in our businesses. I was the one person who wasn't a very conservative Republican.

They were talking about  Obama (this was when he was President) and their feared tax increases......., and how it would kill jobs. 

I said "Wait! We all own businesses. We all pay taxes and have employees. Let's imagine for a moment that all of us no longer had to pay taxes of any kind. We all now pay zero taxes. Now...raise your hand if you will use that money to hire more people?"

i said "That's right. None of us. We don't hire people because we have the money. We hire people when the demand for our services and products increases until we have to hire more people to meet demand".

I'm joking, I heard it again from the same guys months later, when the subject of taxes came up again. I even heard it this morning, repeated several times like it was Gospel..on Meet The Press. 

Humans. 

Exactly. That's why a raise in the minimum wage will create a lot more jobs than any tax cuts. People at the bottom end of the socio-economic spend ALL of their money on essentials. For the first time they'll actually have disposable income. All of that will be spent on a few simple luxuries. That is when jobs are created. You don't need degree in Economics to see that. You don't even know how to spell Economics to see that.

On a side, but related note. People who have a full time job and still require government assistance (food stamps) has absolutely nothing to do with social welfare. It is 100% pure corporate welfare. It's government saying to corporates we'll allow you to pay people a wage that no-one can survive on, and we (the Government) will cover the shortfall. 100% PURE  corporate welfare.

There you have it. I'll bet for some of you that's the first time you've ever heard/read that. And once again it is bleeding obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size.

Anyway, that's more than enough serious stuff for this thread. Back to the jokes, jests, japes and memes for which the thread was intended.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, Claude Whitacre said:

Humans. 

On 4/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, whateverpedia said:

Exactly. That's why a raise in the minimum wage will create a lot more jobs than any tax cuts. People at the bottom end of the socio-economic spend ALL of their money on essentials. For the first time they'll actually have disposable income. All of that will be spent on a few simple luxuries. That is when jobs are created. You don't need degree in Economics to see that. You don't even know how to spell Economics to see that.

On a side, but related note. People who have a full time job and still require government assistance (food stamps) has absolutely nothing to do with social welfare. It is 100% pure corporate welfare. It's government saying to corporates we'll allow you to pay people a wage that no-one can survive on, and we (the Government) will cover the shortfall. 100% PURE  corporate welfare.

There you have it. I'll bet for some of you that's the first time you've ever heard/read that. And once again it is bleeding obvious to anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size.

Anyway, that's more than enough serious stuff for this thread. Back to the jokes, jests, japes and memes for which the thread was intended.

I find it funny when people complain that they can't hire workers because they are making more money off of unemployment and have no incentive to get a job. Then it is suggested we raise the minimum wage so many of those people would make more money by going back to work and everyone loses their minds.

• 2 weeks later...