Building Sites Around YMYL

would appreciate any feedback on this topic. I kind of gave up building sites around a year or so ago but have decided to get back into trying to making things work out in terms of working from home and not having to work a 'normal' job.

The biggest thing I have noticed is that if you look at what's happened over the year with algo changes the medic one seems to be the biggest a lot of people are shoting about As it mainly focu's on YMYL sites does this now virtually make it impossible to build a site around the most profitable niches like finance, health, etc as the big G only wants credible, authority based sites in these sectors that it will rank. So essentially you should only build a site if your a certified financial advisor, doctor, lawyer etc as they want to see you are credible and worthy of giving such advice. So they would want to see what makes you qualified i.e what degree you have, Other social accounts to verify who you are such as Linkdin, medical board sites, etc.

I am wondering if there is any 'work around' to still get these types of sites to do well as this is where the money is. Or do we now have to build quite a few hand ful of sites in niche's that are not so 'YMYL' just to try and make a full time living off the web.

Would really appreciate other people take on this and what really is working in this sector or is it a big no no in terms of stay away from YMYL and look into something else?

Appreciate your time and advice

Thank you

Grow your online visibility

I really have not seen the emphasis on credibility outside of medical related sites that people claim is out there, and even the medical ones it doesn't seem as big of a deal as people claim. Some of these sites got hit hard, but then over the next few months Google seemed to dial things back closer to where they were. If you search through the SERPs, you still find plenty of sites with content written by people without evidence of their authority on the topic.

A lot of what happened was people saw Google's E-A-T guidelines in their search quality guidelines and assumed that it was now part of the algorithm. The search quality guidelines are for their human quality raters. It does not mean it is a part of the algorithm and never has.

TL;DR It's a lot more business as usual in these niches than people are talking about. Just take some time to inspect the SERPs and you will see this is largely the case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, joey786 said:

would appreciate any feedback on this topic. I kind of gave up building sites around a year or so ago but have decided to get back into trying to making things work out in terms of working from home and not having to work a 'normal' job.

The biggest thing I have noticed is that if you look at what's happened over the year with algo changes the medic one seems to be the biggest a lot of people are shoting about As it mainly focu's on YMYL sites does this now virtually make it impossible to build a site around the most profitable niches like finance, health, etc as the big G only wants credible, authority based sites in these sectors that it will rank. So essentially you should only build a site if your a certified financial advisor, doctor, lawyer etc as they want to see you are credible and worthy of giving such advice. So they would want to see what makes you qualified i.e what degree you have, Other social accounts to verify who you are such as Linkdin, medical board sites, etc.

I am wondering if there is any 'work around' to still get these types of sites to do well as this is where the money is. Or do we now have to build quite a few hand ful of sites in niche's that are not so 'YMYL' just to try and make a full time living off the web.

Would really appreciate other people take on this and what really is working in this sector or is it a big no no in terms of stay away from YMYL and look into something else?

Appreciate your time and advice

Thank you

When I have worked in those niches, or any niche really, I always tried to cite sources as much as possible anyhow.

I didn't really see a big difference on my sites when those updates happened.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, agmccall said:

I have no idea what YMYL is.  I often wonder why it is so difficult these days to use words.

al

It's an acronym for Your Money or Your Life related content. It's a way of designating content that can impact your happiness, safety, physical or mental health, and financial stability.

13 hours ago, Mike Friedman said:

It's an acronym for Your Money or Your Life related content. It's a way of designating content that can impact your happiness, safety, physical or mental health, and financial stability.

I'm pretty sure Google more or less invented it. I had never heard it before they started using it in their rater's guidelines.