You can always edit a bad page

I get contacted by a lot of people working online looking for tips and advice. Those of you I have talked to privately know I'm always glad to help.

One thing I see many people constantly fighting against is this idea that everything has to be perfect before they get started. I came across this quote this morning and I think it perfectly sums up what I am usually trying to get across to them:

You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.

Jodi Picoult

SEOPress WordPress SEO plugin

Couldn't agree more. This was me for 2 yrs once I started in the im space, worrying so much about everything being perfect. Not wanting to launch anything if it wasn't 110% complete, overthinking everything on-site specifically how my silos would look etc. Once I just started doing stuff and then going back and making it better I started getting way more done. Nowadays I try to think of a minimal viable product approach, just get everything up, it doesn't have to be perfect. Then go back and make everything better. 80/20 principal mindset

18 hours ago, Ryan_132 said:

Couldn't agree more. This was me for 2 yrs once I started in the im space, worrying so much about everything being perfect. Not wanting to launch anything if it wasn't 110% complete, overthinking everything on-site specifically how my silos would look etc. Once I just started doing stuff and then going back and making it better I started getting way more done. Nowadays I try to think of a minimal viable product approach, just get everything up, it doesn't have to be perfect. Then go back and make everything better. 80/20 principal mindset

You are definitely not alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nuthin' is evah perfect bcs time don't evah stand still.

Best anywan can hope for is productive relevance & elegance.

Covid shows ... this really ain't 2019 no more, no mattah how much you might wannit.

Here's a world beyond you an' your stuff, morphin' an' evolvin' in ways gonna inflooence your direction less'n you be blind or stoopid or dead.

An' I would wanna throw this in here bcs Sparta got a revamp to show this is troo.

Next stop on the journey says time don't stand still is here.

So we gotta always refresh an' review what we got.

Bcs even PERFECT in 2015 ain't frick all use now.

So whatevah stage your enterprise is at, there is always advantage in reviewin' your messagin' bcs it's so easy to let stuff ride out on autopilot into oblivion.

Gotta remember, if evry book you evah read & evry movie you evah saw got no EDITAH PERSON in the loop, you woulda either thrown your nachos at the screen — or quit readin' at Page One.

Who was it said, "clarification is a bloodsport"?

Whoevah it was needs to get that down to 3 words, less'n they losin' most centennials.